Hacking Any way to completely backup/restore all storage on a PS4?

PC Freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Before I want to start with the PS4 exploiting I would like to have a complete backup of NAND/NOR/Hard Drive so that I can restore the PS4 back to "stock" if I ever want to update and go online again. Or also just to be able to restore everything in case something breaks.

I read some tutorials but I couldn't find tools like this yet. Is there anything like this out yet or in development?
Or are there currently some unrestorable storages on the PS4?

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Before I want to start with the PS4 exploiting I would like to have a complete backup of NAND/NOR/Hard Drive so that I can restore the PS4 back to "stock" if I ever want to update and go online again. Or also just to be able to restore everything in case something breaks.

I read some tutorials but I couldn't find tools like this yet. Is there anything like this out yet or in development?
Or are there currently some unrestorable storages on the PS4?

The exploit is not persistent so probably only RAM is affected. When you install stuff, only the HDD should be modified as well. For the HDD maybe you can copy it to a same size HDD if you have a tool that does it on a below-filesystem level.

If you want to backup the NOR flash memory, I believe the only way to do it so far is through the Brazilian method, which will require a hardware mod.

Last edited by pustal,

PC Freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm pretty sure that at least some metadata about installed titles is stored in the NOR flash. Otherwise Brazilian method could just work with swapping hard drives or so.
I really wonder why nobody made a dumper for the NOR yet. Would probably be helpful for many developers that tinker with system software and want to restore it in case of a brick.

PC Freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Could be doable if the flash is in a /dev/ file. Need to check it out maybe. Anyone else already tried something like that out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here