Homebrew any way to change the system firmware region nowadays?

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
oh, that's alright. by the way, i still haven't hacked my 3ds; waiting for my flashcard to ship here. so i pretty much just wanted to know because i might do it when i get my hands on that Acekard 2i(tm), to play online japanese games.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, that's alright. by the way, i still haven't hacked my 3ds; waiting for my flashcard to ship here. so i pretty much just wanted to know because i might do it when i get my hands on that Acekard 2i(tm), to play online japanese games.
But why change the region when CFW makes your system region free? Freeshop will update your out of region games no problem.

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
But why change the region when CFW makes your system region free? Freeshop will update your out of region games no problem.
as i mentioned before (but in more vague words), you can't play online in the case that the game you're playing is from other region. thing is, i'm not sure about it. is that true?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
as i mentioned before (but in more vague words), you can't play online in the case that the game you're playing is from other region. thing is, i'm not sure about it. is that true?

any region game will boot with luma3ds.

you can always use luma region patching in the few cases games behave oddly on the wrong region firmware.

there is no real reason to regionchange a 3ds, the only reason I can think of is from JP -> US/EU forenglish menus but you'd potentially loose access to eshop.

again, lumas region patching will let you play anything that behaves oddly (such as animal crossing, by setting the emulated region to JP)

Reactions: diegitx

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Do you have a secondary 3DS on CFW, or a DSPhat/Lite/DSi for that AK2i ? if not and it's not being shipped as Pre-Flashed for NTRBoot, you kinda wasted your $$. the AK2i is a great card for ntrboot dont get me wrong as it can retain both functions (DS Flashcart and NTRBoot) but.... unless your 3DS is considerably outdated (OFW 4.4 and older) your going to get nothing but a "An Exception has Occurred" screens when you go to launch the card to run the ntrboot flasher. (the ak2i was blocked by nintendo verry early on in the 3DS lifecycle. )

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Do you have a secondary 3DS on CFW, or a DSPhat/Lite/DSi for that AK2i ? if not and it's not being shipped as Pre-Flashed for NTRBoot, you kinda wasted your $$. the AK2i is a great card for ntrboot dont get me wrong as it can retain both functions (DS Flashcart and NTRBoot) but.... unless your 3DS is considerably outdated (OFW 4.4 and older) your going to get nothing but a "An Exception has Occurred" screens when you go to launch the card to run the ntrboot flasher. (the ak2i was blocked by nintendo verry early on in the 3DS lifecycle. )
don't you worry my boy, i got my DSi to flash it when i get it.

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't you worry my boy, i got my DSi to flash it when i get it.
good, alot of people get the AK2i now and when it and one other card was initially compatible under the false pretense it'd work out of the box or was unaware of it being blocked. (the guide shows the FW required but not Why and considering its the only card thats blocked on modern OFW, should have a Larger bold disclaimer about it and suggesting to get a different card if no access to a usable DS to run the flasher is available. could help people wasting $$ and longer wait times from scenarios of sites not selling it pre-flashed.))

outta curiosity for the S&G's, DSi or DSi XL? (i have hardly seen many dsi XL's in the wild.)

diegitx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
good, alot of people get the AK2i now and when it and one other card was initially compatible under the false pretense it'd work out of the box or was unaware of it being blocked. (the guide shows the FW required but not Why and considering its the only card thats blocked on modern OFW, should have a Larger bold disclaimer about it and suggesting to get a different card if no access to a usable DS to run the flasher is available. could help people wasting $$ and longer wait times from scenarios of sites not selling it pre-flashed.))

outta curiosity for the S&G's, DSi or DSi XL? (i have hardly seen many dsi XL's in the wild.)

yeah, some people just buy too hastily without knowing well what they buy. about what console I own, it's just the standard DSi. i also have barely seen a DSi XL in my life; only a long-time IRL friend has one (from the people I personally know).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: