Hacking Any ROM checkers that'll search folders...

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
but not move and sort my files? This may sound like an odd request, but I've currently got my ROMs organised as follows:

Looks pretty sweet, right? Well it's not so functional unfortunately.

I've barely played any DS games yet (still getting through GBA stuff!) so I've only played the ones I actually have legitimately, but I want to start playing the ones shown in that shot, by order of when they were released.

Is there anyway at all I can sort of sort them by the date they were released? I'm tempted to place the rom number before each folder name, but that could be pretty time consuming
frown.gif

Thanks

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your link only goes to a thumbnail but offline list will check and rename according to whatever you want and will only move if you tell it to.

As for adding a number. They are somewhat arbitrary but 5 minutes on a spreadsheet and command line/batch file will do the trick.

Something like
dir /b/od >> c:\rom.txt
(type dir /? for a full list of commands)
This will put a text file called rom.txt on the c: drive root with all the names in date order (oldest first).
You can then copy and paste this into a spreadsheet, some liberal use of the fill handle (the small square in the bottom right of the box if you were unaware: if you have a simple pattern it should keep it up (I would put at least the first 4 numbers if you are doing that, anything less will repeat it)
eventually you will want it to read something like:
rename "rom1.nds" "0001rom1.nds"

This means you most likely will have to copy and paste into notepad or something and get rid of all the tabs.

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Many thanks, just downloaded Offline list and it isn't showing what roms I have, just a massive list of everything?
frown.gif

Thanks for the command line info but in all honesty, I'm not very good with things like that, so may opt for a standard manual rename
ohmy.gif

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If I remember correctly, Rominator would not be renaming anything if not set.
It will also show the ROM number on the left side which is sorted by the date it is released as you wanted so it should be good.
And yes, I believe it reads folders as well.

AndreXL

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The app has a "Help > Submit suggestions or bug" option.
Hank Chill is always open for input. With his skills, a read folder option should not be that tasking.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o