Gaming Any real changes with BoTW on WiiU?

Stash23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get around playing the game but I'm curious if getting the Switch version will amount to all that built-up hype for it.

I understand there being supposed frame issues but, when it comes to controls, does the WiiU version play as the Switch?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Switch version is more seamless in those Shrines that require motion controls, if you prefer to play with something other than the Wii U Gamepad: since the joycons (and Switch Pro Controller) have built in motion controls, there's no need to put the controller down, grab a different one (i.e. the Gamepad on the Wii U) and then do the puzzle, put that one down, and pick your other controller back up.

Other than that though, they're identical basically, like VinsCool said.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
The Switch version is more seamless in those Shrines that require motion controls, if you prefer to play with something other than the Wii U Gamepad: since the joycons (and Switch Pro Controller) have built in motion controls, there's no need to put the controller down, grab a different one (i.e. the Gamepad on the Wii U) and then do the puzzle, put that one down, and pick your other controller back up.

Other than that though, they're identical basically, like VinsCool said.
Using the gameplad entirely, I did not know about the motion control issue, but yeah.
Speaking of which

**spoiler**
There's a shrine with motion controls puzzle that is ridiculously easy to complete, if you put the controller upside down.

Reactions: daxtsu

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to get around playing the game but I'm curious if getting the Switch version will amount to all that built-up hype for it.

I understand there being supposed frame issues but, when it comes to controls, does the WiiU version play as the Switch?
They are both exactly the same... I think Wii U PRO Controller is better though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@