Hacking Any Progress On The 300 Title Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gee, I wish I had that much money to burn.

Anyways, yeah, there's Gateway. Besides that, you could install a second emuNAND (or a first lmao)

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
firstly, I'd just like to say,
why do you have 300 titles installed? that's just hoarding, I doubt even an advanced user would have more then 100 titles, but 300 is just plain overkill. plus, a completely customized home menu? we have themes, but not menus.

but to answer your question, no we don't yet, but they can be booted directly from most title managers like fbi, NASA, or the like without having to uninstall anything.

PS: not saying this to be mean, it's just, really? 300? I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I not gonna care if you have 20000 installed, it's your 3ds, not mine so it doesn't bother too much, it's more just plain surprise
-snip- how on earth did you get the idea I had 300 titles installed on my N3DS from me asking a question about the limit?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic bs -rp

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
firstly, I'd just like to say,
why do you have 300 titles installed? that's just hoarding, I doubt even an advanced user would have more then 100 titles, but 300 is just plain overkill. plus, a completely customized home menu? we have themes, but not menus.

Some in this forum could considerate me advanced (thought I am not) and I barely posses more than 20 titles at once.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-snip- how on earth did you get the idea I had 300 titles installed on my N3DS from me asking a question about the limit?
-snip-
But I digress. We get the Idea you have 300 titles because you asked about it. Its a valid assumption, because if you didn't, you shouldn't be worrying about it.
Perhaps a better question would have been "how are we on custom home menus?" Or you could have even added "just wondering" in the OP

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed off-topic -rp
Reactions: guisadop

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
-snip-
But I digress. We get the Idea you have 300 titles because you asked about it. Its a valid assumption, because if you didn't, you shouldn't be worrying about it.
Perhaps a better question would have been "how are we on custom home menus?" Or you could have even added "just wondering" in the OP

Yeah I asked about the limit but again it doesn't indicate that I have 300 3DS games on my system. If I asked about homebrew on the Wii U does that indicate I have a Wii U?

If I was wondering about custom home menus then I would have asked about custom home menus *facepalm*

I'm surprised I haven't been burned at the stake yet for having full rom sets of GB, GBC, SNES and NES on my 3DS lol

And I only asked as there is talk of someone working on a patch to get rid of the limit and I was simply asking if anyone knew how it was getting on

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I asked about the limit but again it doesn't indicate that I have 300 3DS games on my system. If I asked about homebrew on the Wii U does that indicate I have a Wii U?

If I was wondering about custom home menus then I would have asked about custom home menus *facepalm*

I'm surprised I haven't been burned at the stake yet for having full rom sets of GB, GBC, SNES and NES on my 3DS lol

And I only asked as there is talk of someone working on a patch to get rid of the limit and I was simply asking if anyone knew how it was getting on
Then this would be a more appropriate question for the "homebrew development" thread.
And especially big N won't burn you, because they can't even tell your playing that game.
And if you didn't have a wiiu or weren't planning to mod one, you wouldn't be asking anything other then "hey where can I buy an exploitable fw wiiu?"

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Then this would be a more appropriate question for the "homebrew development" thread.
And especially big N won't burn you, because they can't even tell your playing that game.
And if you didn't have a wiiu or weren't planning to mod one, you wouldn't be asking anything other then "hey where can I buy an exploitable fw wiiu?"

Well its a sin to a lot of people here to have 300 or more 3DS games on your system and them same people like to make it known. Just don't want to piss of them same people for having more games than what they think is ok

and again you are assuming, not good

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well its a sin to a lot of people here to have 300 or more 3DS games on your system and them same people like to make it known. Just don't want to piss of them same people for having more games than what they think is ok

and again you are assuming, not good

Well, no sane person has a need to keep 300 titles at any one time. Not to mention how much it would cost to legitimately get 300 titles. If you're just installing whatever for any reason you see fit, than it's not really a pressing matter to find a fix.

If you absolutely need to surpass the 300 title limit, as others have said, it is possible to launch titles from FBI. For the fringe cases where that is required, it's available. There's very little reason for someone to spend time on a custom home menu just so 3 people can have more than 300 titles on their home screen.

If there ever comes a time where it's likely that the average user would hit that limit, maybe someone will take up developing a workaround.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, no sane person has a need to keep 300 titles at any one time. Not to mention how much it would cost to legitimately get 300 titles. If you're just installing whatever for any reason you see fit, than it's not really a pressing matter to find a fix.

If you absolutely need to surpass the 300 title limit, as others have said, it is possible to launch titles from FBI. For the fringe cases where that is required, it's available. There's very little reason for someone to spend time on a custom home menu just so 3 people can have more than 300 titles on their home screen.

If there ever comes a time where it's likely that the average user would hit that limit, maybe someone will take up developing a workaround.

Well I must need locking up in an asylum for the rest of my days as I wouldn't mind having more than 300 3DS games if it was possible. It's nice to have a choice, that's why I carry full rom sets of other systems on my 3DS

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I must need locking up in an asylum for the rest of my days as I wouldn't mind having more than 300 3DS games if it was possible. It's nice to have a choice, that's why I carry full rom sets of other systems on my 3DS
Were not saying its complete stupidity to, its YOUR 3ds, not our 3ds, so we don't care, its just.... Why would someone develop a custom home menu just so around 7 people can have more than 300 titles? While i do agree, the choice would be nice, its not gonna happen Unless there is an actual demand for one or no one is going to actually sit there and develop it.

Last edited by Sketchy1,
Reactions: thaikhoa

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's it's nobody's business how many games I have installed. Even if you choose to tell them they have no right to complain. Funny how the same people that are ostracizing you for it are the same people that preach equality and tolerance around here... who cares what they think. We come here to discuss video games and things like the possibility of breaking the 300-game limit. But a growing number of people here come here to unleash their social justice Warrior crap on people. Somehow they even find political reasons to complain about the number of games you have. Some of them just need to grow up and get a life and realize why we are here. To break the limits of the system. Your 300-game question was very valid. We've broken most of the rules of the 3DS but somehow these people are finding reasons to complain about you wanting to break this one. Morons.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's it's nobody's business how many games I have installed. Even if you choose to tell them they have no right to complain. Funny how the same people that are ostracizing you for it are the same people that preach equality and tolerance around here... who cares what they think. We come here to discuss video games and things like the possibility of breaking the 300-game limit. But a growing number of people here come here to unleash their social justice Warrior crap on people. Somehow they even find political reasons to complain about the number of games you have. Some of them just need to grow up and get a life and realize why we are here. To break the limits of the system. Your 300-game question was very valid. We've broken most of the rules of the 3DS but somehow these people are finding reasons to complain about you wanting to break this one. Morons.

I'm glad someone thinks the same. Yes the policy here is rather mixed and a lot of the time uncalled for. We can't talk about piracy and we can't link to "THAT SITE" but yet its ok to talk about and have links to apps that promote piracy

@Sketchy1 again I'm not talking about a custom home menu, my question is about a patch. After all, everything else is patched so why not the 300 limit? And I'm sure there are more than 3 or 7 people who would like it patched but yet are scared to ask. The replies I have had are proof that maybe people don't want a shitstorm for asking a simple question

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK badges count towards the 300 title limit.

Reactions: MartinDocNewland

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the shit storm. People need to grow up around here. This anti-troll thing has gotten out of control and everybody is getting more sensitive. Worse yet being an internet snitch and complaining like a little girl has become Vogue. The only problem I see with breaking the 300-game limit is convincing someone who has the talent to do so that it is worthwhile. it makes sense though for people that want to have all the VC and stuff like that.

Reactions: GalladeGuy

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK badges count towards the 300 title limit.

And if it gets to the point where a majority of users are finding that to be an issue, someone might be motivated to find a workaround. But until that point, there's little reason for someone to make the effort.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh gbatemp, back at it again with the questions that you don't need to worry about. Daily reminder that 99% of people who ask questions like this ask it because they are having the issue, not because they are curious (why people assumed that you had 300 titles installed). Short answer: you have been given solutions. Long answer: no one is going to RE the console to lift the 300 title limit unless they are paid or it actually becomes a widespread issue. If it becomes a widespread issue, they will probably look for another solution instead of REing everything which could possibly limit titles.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

bitjacker

GBAtemp Disorderly
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys... lets make sure this thread turns into 3 pages when the answer is no. if i was a mod i would ban a lot of people.

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
Surprised no one has created a custom home menu to bypass this issue all together.
I didn't say it was easy. I said I'm surprised no one did it. 3DS has been hacked for homebrew for over 2 years. Someone could have spent a few months developing an alternative menu "just because"

It's been done, actually. GridLauncher is what you're looking for.

It doesn't take the place of the Home Menu (unless you're using MenuHax to boot it, I suppose), but it does bypass the 300 title limit in a user-friendly way.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people don't realize this, but placed badges actually count toward the 300 title limit. Though it isn't 1 to 1, it seems to be about 2 placed badges equals one title, or something roughly like that. This is frustrating as I want to go crazy with decorating the menu with badges and junk, but I quickly get restricted thanks to the 300 title limit (coupled with being rather close to actually having 300 installed titles). Would really love if this could be bypassed.

Reactions: MartinDocNewland
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work