Hacking Any Progress On The 300 Title Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there even more than 300 titles on any one region's eShop right now?

Edit: Nevermind. At least 718 on USA eShop.

Definitely, just think of all the demos and virtual console titles. And even the various kinds of videos on the 3DS eshop.

Reactions: OrGoN3

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Let's face it. The only reason people even come close to the 300 titles limit is because they are VC injecting and installing them as CIA. If they would just load up their roms from emulators, they wouldn't have this problem.

Also, no, let's look at this from a programming point of view. There is a hard limit of 300. This most likely means that they programmers used a static array with a size of 300. When the array is full, it can no longer store new information without deleting existing information. There is no easy fix for this. You can't just override this imaginary array I just made up. It doesn't work that way.

So, to reiterate, stop installing every god darn VC injected game you've ever found on any iso site!!

Considering VC inject games work far better then the emulators we have at the moment is why people do it. I for one was doing this

Reactions: Sketchy1
D

Deleted-19228

It's been done, actually. GridLauncher is what you're looking for.

It doesn't take the place of the Home Menu (unless you're using MenuHax to boot it, I suppose), but it does bypass the 300 title limit in a user-friendly way.

Ah cool.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering VC inject games work far better then the emulators we have at the moment is why people do it. I for one was doing this
have to agree there, because the 3ds built in compatibility for that far outpaces most emulators, with exception to cheats.

Last edited by Sketchy1,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't have your cake and eat it too. You either get free games and deal with it, or pay and never reach the limit of 300. Which GBA games don't run properly at full speed on a N3DS? But either way, I stick to what I just said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pointing out his use of then instead of than or just +1'ing it?

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You can't have your cake and eat it too. You either get free games and deal with it, or pay and never reach the limit of 300. Which GBA games don't run properly at full speed on a N3DS? But either way, I stick to what I just said.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Pointing out his use of then instead of than or just +1'ing it?

Or god forbid have that option of having all my paid games in one place instead of carrying around 100+ game carts

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or god forbid have that option of having all my paid games in one place instead of carrying around 100+ game carts

Again, I doubt very much you paid for 300+ eShop games. If you did, then contact Nintendo about it. But instead, you're in here, asking if there's a hack for it. So I can safely bet that you didn't pay for 300+ eShop games, in which case, read my cake statement again.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Again, I doubt very much you paid for 300+ eShop games. If you did, then contact Nintendo about it. But instead, you're in here, asking if there's a hack for it. So I can safely bet that you didn't pay for 300+ eShop games, in which case, read my cake statement again.

You are correct in the statement of doubting me about buying 300+ eShop games as all my retal games are cart based and I convery them to .cia format to install on my N3DS. Yes I buy games in the eshop too and by the time you add that up it comes to nearly 300 games. But I don't see why you have to judge me on my spending habits.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are correct in the statement of doubting me about buying 300+ eShop games as all my retal games are cart based and I convery them to .cia format to install on my N3DS. Yes I buy games in the eshop too and by the time you add that up it comes to nearly 300 games. But I don't see why you have to judge me on my spending habits.

I'm not judging you whatsoever. You seem to be missing the point entirely, so I'll paste it back here: You either pirate games and deal with the limit, or pay for games and never reach the limit. If it were a genuine, real concern, Nintendo would have had people complain about it by now, enough to change it. But I highly doubt there are people there with 300+ legit titles installed at once to be able to complain to Nintendo.

So again, as I say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One or the other. Either priate and install everything as CIA (games, injected VC, etc) or never pirate, buy everything legit, and never reach 300+ simultaneously installed eShop titles.

Edit: Or do reach it and complain to Ninty until they fix it.

Last edited by OrGoN3, , Reason: haha, I said 'general' instead of 'genuine'. GO ME!
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not judging you whatsoever. You seem to be missing the point entirely, so I'll paste it back here: You either pirate games and deal with the limit, or pay for games and never reach the limit. If it were a genuine, real concern, Nintendo would have had people complain about it by now, enough to change it. But I highly doubt there are people there with 300+ legit titles installed at once to be able to complain to Nintendo.

So again, as I say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One or the other. Either priate and install everything as CIA (games, injected VC, etc) or never pirate, buy everything legit, and never reach 300+ simultaneously installed eShop titles.

Edit: Or do reach it and complain to Ninty until they fix it.

The day I listen to a rude person like you is the day I give up everything and that isn't going to happen anytime soon lol

Now to use an American saying, Good day to you sir

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The day I listen to a rude person like you is the day I give up everything and that isn't going to happen anytime soon lol

Now to use an American saying, Good day to you sir

I'm not being rude whatsoever. Please take a moment to reflect upon yourself to figure out why you think anything I said was rude. If anything, you are being rude and selfish, wanting everything to work exactly how you want it to work, regardless of how it actually works.

Go ahead and look at my posts. Nearly every single one of them is helping out Tempers, and then thanking the ones that are kind and courteous. But go ahead and call me rude, while you keep complaining about not being able to use all of your pirated, stolen content.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not being rude whatsoever. Please take a moment to reflect upon yourself to figure out why you think anything I said was rude. If anything, you are being rude and selfish, wanting everything to work exactly how you want it to work, regardless of how it actually works.

Go ahead and look at my posts. Nearly every single one of them is helping out Tempers, and then thanking the ones that are kind and courteous. But go ahead and call me rude, while you keep complaining about not being able to use all of your pirated, stolen content.

I think you should look at the title of this post lol

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Sketchy1,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I think you should look at the last 4 pages of everyone telling you the exact same thing: No and nobody is working on it.

Did you even bother to look at the title? No way i'm demanding anything. I find it quite insulting that you insinuate that I have stolen anything. Hell I have not even hacked my Wii U like I see you have. Should I go down the same path an insinuate that you have only hacked your N3DS, O3DS and Wii U for stolen content or should I take the high road and not judge you? Hmm......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte