Hacking Any Progress On The 300 Title Limit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even bother to look at the title? No way i'm demanding anything. I find it quite insulting that you insinuate that I have stolen anything. Hell I have not even hacked my Wii U like I see you have. Should I go down the same path an insinuate that you have only hacked your N3DS, O3DS and Wii U for stolen content or should I take the high road and not judge you? Hmm......
Well its not exactly stealing per say, because piracy is its own crime, even in Europe. Only games you can even legally own installed on your 3ds are the ones you dumped from your cartridge, and even then by admitting you have them installed, you admitted to having cfw, therefore you broke the EULA

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well its not exactly stealing per say, because piracy is its own crime, even in Europe. Only games you can even legally own installed on your 3ds are the ones you dumped from your cartridge, and even then by admitting you have them installed, you admitted to having cfw, therefore you broke the EULA

Very true, but my reason to have CFW is so I can have all my paid games in one place. I hate carrying carts with me and worry that i'm going to lose any. I used to lose Gameboy carts back in the day lol

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you even bother to look at the title? No way i'm demanding anything. I find it quite insulting that you insinuate that I have stolen anything. Hell I have not even hacked my Wii U like I see you have. Should I go down the same path an insinuate that you have only hacked your N3DS, O3DS and Wii U for stolen content or should I take the high road and not judge you? Hmm......

What is your problem? You've already admitted to installing VC injected content. I don't have to assume anything, you've already admitted it. Why are you getting all nasty? I have no idea what your problem is. I showed you why the limit can't be easily removed, and told you "no" along with countless others here. It is also no secret that you are seeking to remove the 300 title limit due to pirated content (injected VC content, most notably GBA games, as you already said).

So again, I'm not insinuating anything. I had an inkling you only wanted this due to injected VC content, and you admitted that was the reason. I don't see how this is me insinuating you stole anything. You've already admitted to stealing. Also, will you stop referencing the god damn title? I know how to read, as I proven by my responses. Considering the title is shown at all times in the browser as part of the URL, I can see the title. I'm referencing how you are acting here, not the title.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Piracy is a form of theft. As for the cartridge dumps, as long as no encryption is being circumvented, they are legal for you to use, and only you. But that also depends on where in the world we are talking about. Breaking the EULA doesn't mean anything in terms of the law. It just means his warranty is void and Nintendo may ban him from their online services. He already admitted to installing VC injected games. Done.

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What is your problem? You've already admitted to installing VC injected content. I don't have to assume anything, you've already admitted it. Why are you getting all nasty? I have no idea what your problem is. I showed you why the limit can't be easily removed, and told you "no" along with countless others here. It is also no secret that you are seeking to remove the 300 title limit due to pirated content (injected VC content, most notably GBA games, as you already said).

So again, I'm not insinuating anything. I had an inkling you only wanted this due to injected VC content, and you admitted that was the reason. I don't see how this is me insinuating you stole anything. You've already admitted to stealing. Also, will you stop referencing the god damn title? I know how to read, as I proven by my responses. Considering the title is shown at all times in the browser as part of the URL, I can see the title. I'm referencing how you are acting here, not the title.

So dumping my own GBA games and injecting them into other paid VC games is stealing? You are insinuating that I inject stolen games

Last edited by MartinDocNewland,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So dumping my own GBA games and injecting them into other paid VC games is stealing?

First off, I am sure that's not what you did, and are only saying that now to save face.

Second, depends on the country. To install them, you need CFW on your 3DS, which means circumventing Nintendo's encryption. Illegal in most countries. Second, you do not own full rights to the GBA game. You own the right to play it in its current form. So yes, depending on where you live, that could be very illegal.

Edit: you are also circumventing encryption when you are injecting because you needed to have decrypted the original game to be able to inject a new one.

Last edited by OrGoN3,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Depends if you legally own 300+ physical GBA games
but then

Its prob close to 200 GBA games I own but then I haven't injected all of them as I would again hit the 300 mark with the dumped 3DS games I alreday have on my 3DS

First off, I am sure that's not what you did, and are only saying that now to save face.

Second, depends on the country. To install them, you need CFW on your 3DS, which means circumventing Nintendo's encryption. Illegal in most countries. Second, you do not own full rights to the GBA game. You own the right to play it in its current form. So yes, depending on where you live, that could be very illegal.

Edit: you are also circumventing encryption when you are injecting because you needed to have decrypted the original game to be able to inject a new one.

You are getting rather boring trying to win this argument lol

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but then

Its prob close to 200 GBA games I own but then I haven't injected all of them as I would again hit the 300 mark with the dumped 3DS games I alreday have on my 3DS

You are getting rather boring trying to win this argument lol

I'm not trying to win anything. You ask me a question, I answered it. You then respond with something to deter from the fact that you are indeed breaking the law, no matter how much you say otherwise. So as I reiterate, if it were an actual concern, contact Nintendo. You don't have to keep dragging this out in an attempt to look like a better person. I never judged you, nor will I judge you. I'm not a judge. I simply am not masking what you are doing, as you have been attempting to do.

I'd say you could go look at the SDK and figure out what you need to do, if it's even possible, which it probably is not as it's an anti-piracy technique, but if you agree to download the SDK, you also agree to not contribute to homebrew.

Edit: I'm also sorry that you own 200 physical GBA games. There's no way that there were 200 good games on GBA :P

Last edited by OrGoN3,

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not trying to win anything. You ask me a question, I answered it. You then respond with something to deter from the fact that you are indeed breaking the law, no matter how much you say otherwise. So as I reiterate, if it were an actual concern, contact Nintendo. You don't have to keep dragging this out in an attempt to look like a better person. I never judged you, nor will I judge you. I'm not a judge. I simply am not masking what you are doing, as you have been attempting to do.

I'd say you could go look at the SDK and figure out what you need to do, if it's even possible, which it probably is not as it's an anti-piracy technique, but if you agree to download the SDK, you also agree to not contribute to homebrew.

Edit: I'm also sorry that you own 200 physical GBA games. There's no way that there were 200 good games on GBA :P

Lets get this straight, you insinuated that I steal. Correct? I don't care about breaking the law being a smoker of the green and all and the fact I own a flash card for the paid collection of my DS games. I do care about stealing tho and thats someone I haven't done as I can afford to buy carts considering we sold the farm I used to live on back in 1985 for 4 million quid and as I got old enough to have a part of that I inveseted it well. Yes thats a part of my life story no one asked for and I won't go into why I have so many games because of my O.C.D that comes with the Asperges I suffer with and like a pokemon trainer "I got to catch em all"

I naver asked you a question, I asked the good people of GBATemp. your imput has been very rude and uncalled for. I said good day to you but you replied so yeah looks like you are trying to win something

Reactions: mikefor20

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, what a surprise, a conversation on here spun out of control. Some little moron decided to make this an issue that it's not. Try to call people out when they don't deserve it. This is so ridiculous. All he wanted to do was have more games. Who cares why who cares how who cares what he has what he doesn't. All of you are whining about it? Everybody here says that they are tolerant and Progressive. It's all lies. And I don't care what any of you say you are all thieves you are all Pirates you are all Breaking the Law. At least some of us aren't lying to themselves. Breaking the 300 game limit is a worthwhile endeavor. Anyone who doesn't think so should just shut up. I don't think most of you are worthwhile endeavor. You are all self-absorbed whining crying babies. Grow up go fight your War somewhere else and let the guy asked a simple question.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ihaveamac Didn't you make a custom home menu that was region free once? You seem to know at least a little bit about how the home menu works, do you think you could maybe look into this?

MartinDocNewland

Searching for the truth
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, what a surprise, a conversation on here spun out of control. Some little moron decided to make this an issue that it's not. Try to call people out when they don't deserve it. This is so ridiculous. All he wanted to do was have more games. Who cares why who cares how who cares what he has what he doesn't. All of you are whining about it? Everybody here says that they are tolerant and Progressive. It's all lies. And I don't care what any of you say you are all thieves you are all Pirates you are all Breaking the Law. At least some of us aren't lying to themselves. Breaking the 300 game limit is a worthwhile endeavor. Anyone who doesn't think so should just shut up. I don't think most of you are worthwhile endeavor. You are all self-absorbed whining crying babies. Grow up go fight your War somewhere else and let the guy asked a simple question.

Thank you.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Please continue to use derogatory terms when talking about other Tempers. It's super awesome of you to do. You seem extremely intolerant in your post.

Also, he is lying to himself, as he thinks he isn't stealing or committing any crimes. But please, continue with what you were saying, even though it was completely wrong and extremely intolerant.

I completely forgot that you can read my mind and you know what I'm thinking. Thanks for calling me a moron and a cry baby. I'm sure you are extremely mature yourself, especially with that extremely rude and distasteful post.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not judging you whatsoever. You seem to be missing the point entirely, so I'll paste it back here: You either pirate games and deal with the limit, or pay for games and never reach the limit. If it were a genuine, real concern, Nintendo would have had people complain about it by now, enough to change it. But I highly doubt there are people there with 300+ legit titles installed at once to be able to complain to Nintendo.

So again, as I say, you can't have your cake and eat it too. One or the other. Either priate and install everything as CIA (games, injected VC, etc) or never pirate, buy everything legit, and never reach 300+ simultaneously installed eShop titles.

Edit: Or do reach it and complain to Ninty until they fix it.

You're thinking only within the limits of what Nintendo gave us. If we always abided by the limits that Nintendo set in, we wouldn't be able to play Gamecube games on the Wii U, load gamecube or Wii games on the Wii or vWii from a external hard drive, play emulators on a standard Wii with Wii U Pro controllers, etc etc. Point is, right now we are limited yes, but this is GBAtemp, if ever there was a place for people to reach out and ask if anyone with the know how to take a stab at removing or changing the 300 title limit, this would be the site for it. I mean, there is definitely no harm in asking. Right now, "we can't have our cake and eat it too," however, there is no reason that has to stay a definitive truth.

You personally can't help obviously, and that's cool, but if all you have to contribute to say is, "well you can't have it, too bad" then you're not really appreciating all the other kinds of things that have been accomplished from this scene on this website and websites like it.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're thinking only within the limits of what Nintendo gave us. If we always abided by the limits that Nintendo set in, we wouldn't be able to play Gamecube games on the Wii U, load gamecube or Wii games on the Wii or vWii from a external hard drive, play emulators on a standard Wii with Wii U Pro controllers, etc etc. Point is, right now we are limited yes, but this is GBAtemp, if ever there was a place for people to reach out and ask if anyone with the know how to take a stab at removing or changing the 300 title limit, this would be the site for it. I mean, there is definitely no harm in asking. Right now, "we can't have our cake and eat it too," however, there is no reason that has to stay a definitive truth.

You personally can't help obviously, and that's cool, but if all you have to contribute to say is, "well you can't have it, too bad" then you're not really appreciating all the other kinds of things that have been accomplished from this scene on this website and websites like it.

I completely disagree. One has nothing to do with the other. This is a hard limit that is not easy to workaround. Is it impossible? No. Are there a ton of threads asking for a workaround and for progress just like this one? Yes.

This is a repeat thread that gets created often. So yes, I am not extremely tolerant in repeat threads.

And again, you have no idea how little or how much I appreciate things, so please refrain from telling me what I think, mainly because you are wrong.

I love how everyone has resorted to telling me what I am thinking.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please continue to use derogatory terms when talking about other Tempers. It's super awesome of you to do. You seem extremely intolerant in your post.

Also, he is lying to himself, as he thinks he isn't stealing or committing any crimes. But please, continue with what you were saying, even though it was completely wrong and extremely intolerant.

I completely forgot that you can read my mind and you know what I'm thinking. Thanks for calling me a moron and a cry baby. I'm sure you are extremely mature yourself, especially with that extremely rude and distasteful post.

I never I never called you anything. If you took offense to my post and you must identify. I called nobody any names. I simply stuck up for someone that was being berated for asking a simple question. I am not being immature I am not being intolerant. I am growing tired of all the drama here. I know you have problems in your life. I don't care. I'm just trying to discuss 3DS. Anybody who comes here for psychiatric help really needs to look elsewhere. I'm not here to Hold Your Hand. And anyone who wants that type of thing is better off going elsewhere. Let's make the temp that used to be a place to discuss video games not a place to bleed.

Last edited by mikefor20,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never I never called you anything. If you took offense to my post and you must identify. I called nobody any names. I simply stuck up for someone that was being berated for asking a simple question. I am not being immature I am not being intolerant. I am growing tired of all the drama here. I know you have problems in your life. I don't care. I'm just trying to discuss 3DS. Anybody who comes here for psychiatric help really needs to look elsewhere. I'm not here to Hold Your Hand. And anyone who wants that type of thing is better off going elsewhere. Let's make the temple that used to be a place to discuss video games not a place to bleed.

1. You called me a little moron, that's a name.
2. "I know you have problems in your life".
3. Telling me I am coming here for psychiatric help
4. Insinuating I need you to hold my hand

Intorlerant, rude as f*ck, and yes, you definitely called me a name. I took offense because you directed it at me. You didn't simply stick up for someone, you went way beyond that, and continued to do so in your latest post. You are not helping anything by being so negative and derogatory. Yet you say you want to make this a temple after what you just typed? I couldn't come up with a better example of a hypocrite.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I completely disagree. One has nothing to do with the other. This is a hard limit that is not easy to workaround. Is it impossible? No. Are there a ton of threads asking for a workaround and for progress just like this one? Yes.

This is a repeat thread that gets created often. So yes, I am not extremely tolerant in repeat threads.

And again, you have no idea how little or how much I appreciate things, so please refrain from telling me what I think, mainly because you are wrong.

I love how everyone has resorted to telling me what I am thinking.

I question if you were around in the days before loading Gamecube games off of USB drives was a possibility. For years people were asking for it over and over, and many people kept saying the same thing: it can't be done. But time passed, some people took it on as a project, and eventually a few solutions were found to the problem. I'm an optimist that knows that a solution wont come over night, but also realizes that this is far from impossible, and just because we haven't seen anyone say anything about making work on the prospect doesn't mean nothing is being done or that we can't have hope, or that we can't inquire about it every once and a while. Some changes could have happened, someone might have a secret project that they haven't been ready to talk about for a while, point is we just don't know. And I just hate to see people shoot down others for asking if there might be any progress on such a thing, when again, as I said, there is no harm in asking.

Last edited by duffmmann,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I question if you were around in the days before loading Gamecube games off of USB drives was a possibility. For years people were asking for it over and over, and many people kept saying the same thing: it can't be done. But time passed, some people took it on as a project, and eventually a few solutions were found to the problem. I'm an optimist that knows that a solution wont come over night, but also realizes that this is far from impossible, and just because we haven't seen anyone say anything about making work on the prospect doesn't mean nothing is being done or that we can't have hope, or that we can't enquire about it every once and a while. Some changes could have happened, someone might have a secret project that they haven't been ready to talk about for a while, point is we just don't know. And I just hate to see people shoot down others for asking if there might be any progress on such a thing, when again, as I said, there is no harm in asking.

1. I've been around way longer than GC games, but I thank you for questioning and not telling me.
2. I am not saying it's impossible. I'm saying threads like this are created all the time, and the answer remains the same.
3. OP has provided no insight on how to make this a reality. This thread is completely pointless and one that is repeated often.
4. I am not saying it's impossible. I never said that. I said it was very difficult.

Again, you seem to think that I am putting people down. I am answering them in the manner in which they act. Over 4 pages of people telling OP no, no progress. I'm not the only one saying this.

Do a search for 300 title limit and see the responses people give.

Lets get this straight, you insinuated that I steal. Correct? I don't care about breaking the law being a smoker of the green and all and the fact I own a flash card for the paid collection of my DS games. I do care about stealing tho and thats someone I haven't done as I can afford to buy carts considering we sold the farm I used to live on back in 1985 for 4 million quid and as I got old enough to have a part of that I inveseted it well. Yes thats a part of my life story no one asked for and I won't go into why I have so many games because of my O.C.D that comes with the Asperges I suffer with and like a pokemon trainer "I got to catch em all"

I naver asked you a question, I asked the good people of GBATemp. your imput has been very rude and uncalled for. I said good day to you but you replied so yeah looks like you are trying to win something

You told us you stole. Stop trying to word things differently to make it seem like you aren't breaking the law. There's a reason Nintendo sells the same games on every console: you can't take a game from one console and use it on another. Plain and simple.

We can call each other's input rude and uncalled for as long as we want. I did not say anything that wasn't true, and I have been met with extreme hostility in this thread. Those are the facts.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I've been around way longer than GC games, but I thank you for questioning and not telling me.
2. I am not saying it's impossible. I'm saying threads like this are created all the time, and the answer remains the same.
3. OP has provided no insight on how to make this a reality. This thread is completely pointless and one that is repeated often.
4. I am not saying it's impossible. I never said that. I said it was very difficult.

Again, you seem to think that I am putting people down. I am answering them in the manner in which they act. Over 4 pages of people telling OP no, no progress. I'm not the only one saying this.

Do a search for 300 title limit and see the responses people give.

1. Good, because its not impossible
2. Shouldn't matter, we're not running out of online real estate by asking this question every once and awhile, GBAtemp can handle a repeat thread every few months (and its been quite a while since the last topic on this specifically was made). In fact a quick search revealed that this is only the 4th topic we've ever had on the discussion in relation to the 3DS.
3. OP doesn't need to provide insight on how to make it a reality. He's just curious if any headway has been made, and also drawing attention to the issue for those that may not even be aware of the limit. There is seriously no harm in creating this thread at all.
4. It is difficult obviously, but also not impossible, knowing both of those things, it should be clear why people ask about this from time to time.

Seriously, if you hate seeing threads like this, then simply don't respond to them, you have nothing productive to contribute to the topic clearly, and the topic seems to annoy you for some reason, so just ignore it, it clearly doesn't pertain to you.

Also why would you say you completely disagree to my point that if we abided to Nintendo's restrictions then we wouldn't have things that this scene has unlocked, if you agree that bypassing the 300 title isn't impossible?

Last edited by duffmmann,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-