Homebrew Any other way to transfer Pokemon from older gen to newer gen other than Pokemon Bank?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have access to homebrew, you can use PKHex or PKSM.

Pokemon Bank is your only option if you don't have homebrew access.

lolcatzidk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy and paste Pokémon from one save file to the other.
Could you explain a bit more? I see no option to copy and paste lol. Since the storage feature hasn't been implemented yet for the DS games, I'm not sure what to do.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you explain a bit more? I see no option to copy and paste lol. Since the storage feature hasn't been implemented yet for the DS games, I'm not sure what to do.
If you cannot copy Pokémon from your DS save file into storage and then from your storage to your 3DS save file, then you cannot use PKSM to import/export these specific Pokémon. I do not know if this is true, since I don't use PKSM.

Instead, backup your save files and then use PKHex to do the import/export process.

Reactions: lolcatzidk

lolcatzidk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cannot copy Pokémon from your DS save file into storage and then from your storage to your 3DS save file, then you cannot use PKSM to import/export these specific Pokémon. I do not know if this is true, since I don't use PKSM.

Instead, backup your save files and then use PKHex to do the import/export process.
Could you tell me how to import/export? I've never used PKHex so I'm confused.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you tell me how to import/export? I've never used PKHex so I'm confused.
Open the DS save file with PKHex and drag the Pokémon to your desktop. Then, drag the Pokémon from your desktop to PKHex when it has your 3DS save file open.

Alternatively, open both save files using two PKHex windows and drag the Pokémon from one save to the other.

Reactions: lolcatzidk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative