Hacking Any news on sxos update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are people still arguing whether SXOS is better than Atmosphere or not? STFU and use what you want jesus... No one cares if you like SXOS or Atmosphere better. No ones opinions will be changed here.
"Well X has this and Y doesnt!" everyone that uses the opposite CFW- "I dont care! Your CFW sucks!"
People use SXOS because its what they prefer and it meets their needs. People use Atmosphere because its what they prefer and it meets their needs....

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been around in console hacking for a while, even before being a member of this site.

Ps: BTW I am an sx pro user since day one. I really like the convenience of the tool and the ability to load other payloads from xecuter menú. Stop being a simple man, this is a hacking forum, limiting yourself to just one commercial product is rather shocking. People here love homebrew and options.

I also flashed my 360 drive and later installed rgh con the newer slim. I

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Fiat does Ferraris and Alfa romeo cars too. In some cases they also share parts and engines.

Here you have your xecuter Ferrari made by the fiat atmosphere people. You can even get the xecuter gear in Ferrari red xD.
Why do peiple here only half ass read shit.

Im not limited to sx os.

Can you lot fucking read what is quoted.

Ill make it simple so my 5 year old can understand.

1) sx os does not work the same as gateway
2) sx os may have same coders as gateway
3) xecuter are not a cowboy scene that is not dedicated to their product ( fucking look them up before spitting shit facts)
5) the only ones slating sx os are those that dont want to buy games thus slate a product that made piracy possible on the switch because they have a free option (that is not as good and limited)

I am an open person i use both but i see the advantages of sx os over atmos.

Dont EVER quote me with flawed facts, i have been in the hacking scene since the 80s.

Half of i predict these youtube google jailbreak still sucking on their moms tit, spit shit and dont know shit.

To put a close on this and people quote what i say.

Yes we again have a new nintendo firmware update.

No

Xecuter is not dead.

I know for a fact they have been working on updates way before 9.0 came out because ive been advising with them.

Xecuter do not stop working on improving features just because a redundant firmware has been released.

You currently dont need 9.0 firmware to play current games

So why should the guys stop what theyre working on and risk fucking up when they come back to it later because silly twats still dont grasp firmware updates block exploits.

Fuck me i never had to be told this, and majority of the users are of age to know you dont have to be told you need toilet paper before wiping yout arse.

I think people wish or hope xecuter will die as they favor the free cfw to then not pay a penny to play free games

But this whole shit against xecuter is retarded, they are a trusted scene, sx os has fuck all to do with how gateway worked.

If any of you dare quote me claiming i am wrong then back it up with facts, or else your the typical keyboard warrior chatting fucking shit

Are people still arguing whether SXOS is better than Atmosphere or not? STFU and use what you want jesus... No one cares if you like SXOS or Atmosphere better. No ones opinions will be changed here.
"Well X has this and Y doesnt!" everyone that uses the opposite CFW- "I dont care! Your CFW sucks!"
People use SXOS because its what they prefer and it meets their needs. People use Atmosphere because its what they prefer and it meets their needs....
As a user of both sx os is better, hands down you dont need to rely on gold leaf to install nsp files.

You can run xci, you can install xci, you can install nsp

You can do everything and more all built into one simple os.

Atmos you rely on othet tools and still limited.

Like it or not, its hands down sx os is far better.

But people who disagree are those who love a free option to not pay to not pay for games.

The same people you keep seeing claiming sx is dead because they havent got current firmware support as soon as its released.

Maybe they need to ask is why atmos hasnt yet got the features sx os has, why these people are mad at sx os for not making their work open source.

Because the second they do, Atmos will clone it.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trust has to be gained, xecuter has done lot of stuff for the community and released useful stuff.

Trust is something difficult to gain when we are talking about a piracy group that steals code, doesn't credit original authors when they use their code and they even dare to 5 try to charge for a piracy service (*gate nx). They don't seem like trusty folks to me, their product is neat, how they got to that finak product doesn't seem as neat.

BTW really looking forward to update my switch and use my cart reader on cfw. If I update my sysnand xecuter cfw emunand will be crippled.

Reactions: Spider_Man

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The trust has to be gained, xecuter has done lot of stuff for the community and released useful stuff.

Trust is something difficult to gain when we are talking about a piracy group that steals code, doesn't credit original authors when they use their code and they even dare to 5 try to charge for a piracy service (*gate nx). They don't seem like trusty folks to me, their product is neat, how they got to that finak product doesn't seem as neat.

BTW really looking forward to update my switch and use my cart reader on cfw. If I update my sysnand xecuter cfw emunand will be crippled.
Exactly my point, people who slate xecuter and call them cowboys only in for the money, have likely just stopped sucking off their moms titles or learned YouTube is not th3 gospbell.

Xecuter are a well established and trusted scene.

End of the day it was them who first brought you guys the entry point to make free cfw possible.

Then commence the clones ripping off their work but without an sx os license.

Atm i really would love to brag even more but i cant, time will tell.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do peiple here only half ass read shit.

Im not limited to sx os.

Can you lot fucking read what is quoted.

Ill make it simple so my 5 year old can understand.

1) sx os does not work the same as gateway
2) sx os may have same coders as gateway
3) xecuter are not a cowboy scene that is not dedicated to their product ( fucking look them up before spitting shit facts)
5) the only ones slating sx os are those that dont want to buy games thus slate a product that made piracy possible on the switch because they have a free option (that is not as good and limited)

I am an open person i use both but i see the advantages of sx os over atmos.

Dont EVER quote me with flawed facts, i have been in the hacking scene since the 80s.

Half of i predict these youtube google jailbreak still sucking on their moms tit, spit shit and dont know shit.

To put a close on this and people quote what i say.

Yes we again have a new nintendo firmware update.

No

Xecuter is not dead.

I know for a fact they have been working on updates way before 9.0 came out because ive been advising with them.

Xecuter do not stop working on improving features just because a redundant firmware has been released.

You currently dont need 9.0 firmware to play current games

So why should the guys stop what theyre working on and risk fucking up when they come back to it later because silly twats still dont grasp firmware updates block exploits.

Fuck me i never had to be told this, and majority of the users are of age to know you dont have to be told you need toilet paper before wiping yout arse.

I think people wish or hope xecuter will die as they favor the free cfw to then not pay a penny to play free games

But this whole shit against xecuter is retarded, they are a trusted scene, sx os has fuck all to do with how gateway worked.

If any of you dare quote me claiming i am wrong then back it up with facts, or else your the typical keyboard warrior chatting fucking shit

As a user of both sx os is better, hands down you dont need to rely on gold leaf to install nsp files.

You can run xci, you can install xci, you can install nsp

You can do everything and more all built into one simple os.

Atmos you rely on othet tools and still limited.

Like it or not, its hands down sx os is far better.

But people who disagree are those who love a free option to not pay to not pay for games.

The same people you keep seeing claiming sx is dead because they havent got current firmware support as soon as its released.

Maybe they need to ask is why atmos hasnt yet got the features sx os has, why these people are mad at sx os for not making their work open source.

Because the second they do, Atmos will clone it.
Im gonna be honest with you. I bough SXOS day one and I loved it. It had game loading before any other CFW and it ran great. Yes there were issues here and there but it was release. I havent booted SXOS in a very long time but I do know that it has advantages for a lot of people. I only use atmosphere because I have no use for XCI's. I dont install them and I dont use my switch in my dock (Never have).

Im only going to compare it to Gateway in a way to support what Im going to say now. I do agree with you that its all in one and very simple for the average user! Its plug n play basically. I felt like gaetway was the most simplest thing to teach my siblings to use. Same goes for SXOS. Its simple and easy to explain to kids. Thats why I see a lot of parents using it. Plus people get frustrated having to set everything up on Atmosphere ( I've seen it so no one can deny that fact)

For my needs, Atmosphere is perfect. I wouldnt say SXOS is better but I wouldnt say Atmosphere is either. They both have their perks. Hell I still use my SXOS dongle to boot CFW to this day. Still works 100%. Now if they figured out how to install nsps to HDD then I would 100% use it. I just dont want to use XCI's at all...

noler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Read your own posts and try to convince yourself it was worth the energy and swear words. You're all a bunch of kids, or grown ups with kids brains.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Its a matter of preference its something we cannot debate for the general use. Lot's of ppl wont buy the sxos b/c its pure illegal and costs $, then you have those who dislike TX's stolen code

The hypocrisy of users complaining about the cost of SX OS, OR the illegality of it OR that it's using stolen code - when the majority are then using atmos FOR PIRACY is pathetic.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The hypocrisy of users complaining about the cost of SX OS, OR the illegality of it OR that it's using stolen code - when the majority are then using atmos FOR PIRACY is pathetic.

it always makes me :rofl2: to when users complain about TX using stolen code, yet these same Atmos users are using pirated games with Nintendo stolen code :wacko:

Reactions: gizmomelb

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
@Retroboy stop taking it so personally.
Yes, it's part of the Gateway team behind the new Team Xecuter. The old 360 gang is long gone, this is known both by leaks and half-confirmations.
People are allowed to critizie TX and their products. I also got a license since day 1, I've used their OS. Didn't like it, stuck with Atmosphere for now. Ran some ReiNX as well.

Of course they will get access on the 9.X firmwares. No one is saying they won't. It's just that they are so slow about doing it that people complain about.
Then the age old that they stole from the homebrew scene and give nothing back.

Reactions: DuveltjeDG

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Retroboy stop taking it so personally.
Yes, it's part of the Gateway team behind the new Team Xecuter. The old 360 gang is long gone, this is known both by leaks and half-confirmations.
People are allowed to critizie TX and their products. I also got a license since day 1, I've used their OS. Didn't like it, stuck with Atmosphere for now. Ran some ReiNX as well.

Of course they will get access on the 9.X firmwares. No one is saying they won't. It's just that they are so slow about doing it that people complain about.
Then the age old that they stole from the homebrew scene and give nothing back.
What have they stole exactly.

Where is the proof other than bullshit words.

Want to know why sx are slow, because its an aio cfw.

They dont rely on third party apps that makes up its cfw.

All atmos have to do is support new firmwares the leave the rest for support upto the likes of goldleaf ect.

Whereas rom loader, xci and nsp installer doent rely on antoher team its all included which has to be supported.

Its not just the matter of slapping 9.0 support snd good to go, especailly when ive already said countless times that sx were already working on an update before this came out.

Atmos not exactly doing out was they.

End of the day people need to fuck off quoting me with bullshit flawed facts, people also need to stop coming here masking a post to claim xecuter are dead everytime a new firmware is out.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well currently unless you need external USB, I think there is no reason anyone should spend money on sxos?

All atmos have to do is support new firmwares the leave the rest for support upto the likes of goldleaf ect.
Do you really wanna say that?

End of the day people need to fuck off quoting me with bullshit flawed facts, people also need to stop coming here masking a post to claim xecuter are dead everytime a new firmware is out.
I think people mostly say "oh atmosphere now supports the newest firmware? sxos update incoming."

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Where is the proof other than bullshit words.

Whereas rom loader, xci and nsp installer doent rely on antoher team its all included which has to be supported.

Its not just the matter of slapping 9.0 support snd good to go, especailly when ive already said countless times that sx were already working on an update before this came out.

Atmos not exactly doing out was they.

I'm quite enjoying your unnecessary rage, careful not to give yourself a hernia or anything tho.

If you've actually been following this shit all along, you'll have seen that hexkyz has regularly been doing thorough reverse engineering of each new SX OS update (as well as providing the tools for those who want to poke at the contents themselves), so yes it's been thoroughly established that code from atmosphere and other open source homebrew has been incorporated into SX OS without giving credit or keeping to the legal terms of said code's licences. Keep spouting your barely coherent rage tho, it's pretty funny.

0x3000027E

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read many complaints about users paying for sxos since HGB started charging 10$ to pirate games. The hypocrisy would have been too much.

Last edited by 0x3000027E,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the...