Hacking Any news on sxos update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't read many complaints about users paying for sxos since HGB started charging 10$ to pirate games. The hypocrisy would have been too much.

I've never had anything to do with those losers who caused the previous scene spreaders to depart. I'm not surprised they're trying to fleece people.

Reactions: 0x3000027E

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People actually pay for pirated games?
What a strange world we live in.

yes I have in the past , because in the early days of Warez BBS most had a ratio on the download limit and so you had to be really quick to upload the l8st warez before anyone else did. this was time consuming and a pain, so on some boards you could buy a leech account ;)

also I bought Snes express, Tango and the legendary blobby cds which were full of warez, it would have takes you weeks or months to download 650mb of warez in them days.

like with SX you pay for the convenience, paying for warez can save you time and money :)

Reactions: Baoulettes

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why I'm posting this but here is something new to chew on from the TX Discord.
MFyq7aD.png

Reactions: peteruk and MachRc

MachRc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^IN!

as for sx-os people that are mad,
the more mad you are, the more stupid you make sx os users look.

just say your peace and then xoom out

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know why I'm posting this but here is something new to chew on from the TX Discord.
MFyq7aD.png
I suppose now would be as good a time as any to release something for ipatched consoles.
Considering Nintendo's probably done making any non-Mariko units.

I won't hold my breath, but I'm all for it if they've got something for 5.0.0+ users.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
many people say ahhh xci....fk xci.....it uses Nintendo code....which is illegal...has keys hard implemented to run 7.x up...ams has none of that illegal stuff.....sx cheat system isnt as good as ams..ams has sysmodules ....sx not...only what sx has (which is not really illegal) is usbhdd support...and i am sx user so stop that nonsense

Last edited by Purple_Heart,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose now would be as good a time as any to release something for ipatched consoles.
Considering Nintendo's probably done making any non-Mariko units.

I won't hold my breath, but I'm all for it if they've got something for 5.0.0+ users.
My hope is that this will push for Deja Vu to be released for firmware versions 5.0-7.1

Krazyeye

Hellooo Nurse!
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
There is a "hint" note indicating that some sort of SX OS update will be coming very very soon (maybe end of September or beginning of October).

Quote from TeamXecuter: "We have some very cool features lined up that are not quite ready for primetime yet. And we didn't want to keep you waiting till next September either."

Along with the support for System FW 9.0, I believe TeamXecuter will add some new cool features that users are desperately requesting...

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still waiting for xecuter solution for ipatched units. They might break marino units but nothing so far.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
as for sx-os people that are mad,
the more mad you are, the more stupid you make sx os users look.

just say your peace and then xoom out

if that is the case the anti SX OS users must be making the other atmosphere users look absolutely fucking idiotic!

you can't say one thing about one group who have been traditionally fairly quiet with taking shit from the very vocal other side, without it rub off even worse on the other, very vocal side as well. When the SX OS users started to fight back with the 8.x release and all the anti SX OS hate that was going on back then, it wa surprisingly quiet for a few months from the SX OS haters.

Last edited by gizmomelb,

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There was no reason for TX to update their fw until now, all was working fine.

Yeah a team that has been around for decades now decide to leave everything and compromise their image, how many times we have to read this crap?
It's known that SX is a more complicated fw and needs more time to make it work, just wait a bit and they will update and shut your mouth, once again.
LOL

Reactions: Godofcheese

Itsuki235

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Today, we bring you a much needed update of SX OS. Full compatibility with the latest Switch firmware 9.0! Sorry that we kept you waiting, we wanted to make sure all our unique features still properly work.

Additionally, we also introduced support for the "Horizon split format". This means that people who use FAT32 can have folders named 'game.xci' with split parts contained therein (named 00, 01, 02, etc.). Make sure the folder has the 'archive' bit set. We know you are waiting for some other big features in SX OS, they are coming..

We wanted to get this compatibility update out first though. So what are you waiting for? SX OS 2.9 beta is available for download on our website now! (and also through the builtin online updater part of SX OS.)

You can download the latest update from sx.xecuter.com or use the OTA updated from within SX OS"
- GameOver on #announcements. TX Discord 2019Sep27

Reactions: vincentallen2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think