Any interest in a service to backup saved games?

Would you be interested in a service to backup your saved games?

• Total voters

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just testing the waters here, but I'm accumulating quite the collection of hardware needed to backup saved games from various handhelds and will probably be adding NES, SNES and Genesis to my collection soon. Would there be any interest in a service where you mail me your games with pre-paid postage to send them back and a small fee for my time (to be determined) and I email you the saved games from your cartridges and ship your games back?

Current systems I can backup:
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS (though not useful)

Systems I'm considering adding:
NES
SNES
Genesis

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's a cool idea, but at least for me personally, I would much rather buy the devices to back up my saves myself. Especially since the backups I would get from a service would basically become obsolete the moment I progress through a game after the backup.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What would make a service like this *awesome* would be if you could get emulator developers to make use of your service.
So I can play Sonic on my DS, save state, and carry on at home on my PC/Wii/Whatever

Pipe dream, I guess!

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and if one ever wants to use those backups, he'd have to send the game back to you again?

i think thats the problem with this. the backup is worthless if you dont have the hardware to apply it back yourself.

Achilles

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My thought with all of this was that you'd be able to archive your saved games from older games and then continue them on an emulator. The thought of putting an updated save back on the cart hadn't occurred to me, but now that people are mentioning it, it would make a lot of sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crusty white +3