any homebrew app/emulator that supports the 360 controller?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Zalda, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    so anything out there that maybe, just maybe recognizes the 360 controller via USB?

2. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    No.

Also, why would you want this? The wii already takes GC controllers for those who prefer a regular controller...xbox controller support would mostly be a waste of dev time.

3. Clarky

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    because he probably has an xbox controller and not a classic controller? but nah nout on it sun beam

4. WizardOfOdd

Newcomer WizardOfOdd Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Also the 360 controller is way better and more comfortable than the gamecube and classic controllers. In fact the classic controller for Wii has to be one of the most uncomfortable controllers I've ever used. I'd welcome 360 controller support!

5. techboy

Member techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Agreed. I can't stand using a classic controller.

As for GC controllers, they feel fine in my hands.

When I pick up an xbox controller, I find it uncomfortable and awkward to use...it's likely due to the fact that I don't use them that often.

6. whoomph

Member whoomph GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I am suprised there's no homebrew support for other console controllers. As well as xbox controllers I have an old playstation-usb adapter that I would love to use with wiisx. My psp with the fusa gamepad app is another potential wii pad.

idk but perhaps you should contact someone like matguitarist (3rd party controller libogc patch) and ask him if 360 controller support is possible on the wii.

7. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    No, there isn't any USB gamepad support in libogc. It might be possible though, just like USB mouse and keyboard are actually supported, all you need is a proper driver (and someone willing to code it). And honestly, it's not so "surprising", the Wii already supports various controllers natively (incl. retro adapters for SNES, NES, GEN, etc), gamepad support through USB was clearly not a priority. It would still be nice to have it as an alternative though.

8. whoomph

United Kingdom
    I have had a look around and I may have found a hardware solution [​IMG]
    Found a post on atariage forum that talks about daisy-chaining a couple of adapters to get from xbox to gamecube. [link]

He says it works perfectly on gamecube and wii. Seems legit. Can anyone confirm?

9. Jacobeian

Member Jacobeian GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Cuba
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work (except maybe the USB port must be somehow powered and the GC vs PS2 controller ports might differ on that matter).

However, remember that by using the GC controller port, you will be limited by the GC controller layout. That means that some specific X360 buttons or stick might not be supported, this also depends on the key mapping used by the chained adapters...

10. whoomph

United Kingdom
    expect this thread to be bumped in two weeks when I get my adapters. I am desperate to know

11. Zalda
    OP

Member Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Denmark
    any news mate? thanks for the effort at least!

12. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    I realize this is a dead thread, but I just want to point out the fact that the new Classic Controller Pro is actually the bee's knees in terms of ergonomics, unlike the shittastic original. Worth a thought, they're only 20 bucks.
    [​IMG]