Homebrew any homebrew app/emulator that supports the 360 controller?

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No.

Also, why would you want this? The wii already takes GC controllers for those who prefer a regular controller...xbox controller support would mostly be a waste of dev time.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because he probably has an xbox controller and not a classic controller? but nah nout on it sun beam

WizardOfOdd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also the 360 controller is way better and more comfortable than the gamecube and classic controllers. In fact the classic controller for Wii has to be one of the most uncomfortable controllers I've ever used. I'd welcome 360 controller support!

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WizardOfOdd said:
In fact the classic controller for Wii has to be one of the most uncomfortable controllers I've ever used.
Agreed. I can't stand using a classic controller.

As for GC controllers, they feel fine in my hands.

When I pick up an xbox controller, I find it uncomfortable and awkward to use...it's likely due to the fact that I don't use them that often.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am suprised there's no homebrew support for other console controllers. As well as xbox controllers I have an old playstation-usb adapter that I would love to use with wiisx. My psp with the fusa gamepad app is another potential wii pad.

idk but perhaps you should contact someone like matguitarist (3rd party controller libogc patch) and ask him if 360 controller support is possible on the wii.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
No, there isn't any USB gamepad support in libogc. It might be possible though, just like USB mouse and keyboard are actually supported, all you need is a proper driver (and someone willing to code it). And honestly, it's not so "surprising", the Wii already supports various controllers natively (incl. retro adapters for SNES, NES, GEN, etc), gamepad support through USB was clearly not a priority. It would still be nice to have it as an alternative though.

whoomph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have had a look around and I may have found a hardware solution
unsure.gif

Found a post on atariage forum that talks about daisy-chaining a couple of adapters to get from xbox to gamecube. [link]

He says it works perfectly on gamecube and wii. Seems legit. Can anyone confirm?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work (except maybe the USB port must be somehow powered and the GC vs PS2 controller ports might differ on that matter).

However, remember that by using the GC controller port, you will be limited by the GC controller layout. That means that some specific X360 buttons or stick might not be supported, this also depends on the key mapping used by the chained adapters...

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I realize this is a dead thread, but I just want to point out the fact that the new Classic Controller Pro is actually the bee's knees in terms of ergonomics, unlike the shittastic original. Worth a thought, they're only 20 bucks.
classic_pro_photo.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.