Hardware Any guide on how to mod a micro usb port accessing my NAND to my O3DSXL?

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I only found 1 detailed guide on modding but that one uses "butt connectors". This might sound dumb, but where I live, it would be easier to use a micro usb port. A modding service would be too expensive I think. Basically, I want to hardmod because my dumbass updated to 11.0 from 9.9 because I couldnt access browserhax (didnt look into anything back then, just wanted to load homebrew first) but when I updated, I found out that I need to downgrade for emuNAND, and that the only way to upgrade on 11.0 is hardmod.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
attachment.php

The lanyard holes are easy to remove and you can slot in a Micro USB port in its place.

Last edited by Monty Kensicle,

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're a complete moron or let a complete moron use your 3DS maybe.
Yeah, why wouldn't the average person think a USB port isn't really a USB port.

There's a damn good reason why electronics connectors are standardized and color-coded. Misusing USB for eMMC is asking for trouble, and it doesn't matter how "smart" you think someone is.

Coming up next: Asking where to buy a "suicide cable" for connecting electric lights and then whining that you're not "stupid enough" to screw it up, so you should be able to get one.

Last edited by GerbilSoft,
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, why wouldn't the average person think a USB port isn't really a USB port.

There's a damn good reason why electronics connectors are standardized and color-coded. Misusing USB for eMMC is asking for trouble, and it doesn't matter how "smart" you think someone is.

Coming up next: Asking where to buy a "suicide cable" for connecting electric lights and then whining that you're not "stupid enough" to screw it up, so you should be able to get one.
I can agree with that, as I've had to repair a few things that were blown up by laypersons plugging the wrong thing into the wrong outlet. But I imagine OP wants the hard mod to be as noninvasive as possible.

Brav0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Thanks to everyone for helping! I guess I am going to stick with "butt connectors" (because of all the things that could happen with the usb). Now, I am not a electronic professional, but I got a question, the guy in the guide uses cables that are red, black, white, yellow, but the text guide suggests a completely different one "10 Pcs 11.1V 3S Lipo Battery Balance Charger JST-XH Connector Cable" (tbh I cant tell the colors). So, do the colors matter? That's the one thing that stops me from hardmodding. And, If I put in the SD Card into a unlisted reader (not listed in the compatible list), will the 3DS break? Because maybe mine will work too

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
The colors don't matter at all. They're only different so that you know which cable is connected to which solder point. (DAT0, DAT1, etc...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-