new 3ds hardbricked after a ctrtranfer 2.1, i'm trying to restore back my nand with hardmod but...

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i bricked my 3ds while trying to install a9lh, so i had to remove b9s first. i still have the good nand files to flash it back, but it doesn't show a bootrom error on boot, only a black screen (like usual). the wiring is fine, the only thing that probably matters is that i didn't soldered the wires to the micro usb port, i soldered them directly to the micro sd card adapter. if anyone can help me to figure out what's wrong. here is the wiring method . i also tried ntrboot too but it won't work (the flashcard is ok). thanks in advance

UPDATE: I wanted to try one last time with ntrboot but starting godmode9. At first I realize that it didn't turn on properly (white flash on the top screen) before it didn't do it but it turned on and remained black, I realized that a connector (those “slide only”) was badly connected or broken, I pushed a little and now it goes correctly into bootrom error, I don't know what's going on it's very strange. Now if I can flash it again just disconnect GND or do I have to remove everything completely so that the bootrom error does not appear?

Last edited by achillebrac07,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hardmodding is risky and a bad idea. It is even a bad idea for soldering professionals.

Ntrboot not working can have multiple reasons. We have had some instances where pretty much anything got ruled out and ntrboot still would not do. Unexplained.
But in most cases persistent trying and ruling out possible causes or error got it started. However, since your device now has a hardmod it is not easy to tell if ntrboot fails because something went wrong with the soldering.

Experiments like downgrading to A9LH are dangerous – hardly makes sense for curiosity.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
a9lh need 2.1 to be installed
Yes, and the next question (as if it would help or change something) you will inevitably get in such a situation is "Why install A9LH?"

Edit: Dang! I was a second too late.
========

Please provide pictures of your hardmod installation. Maybe somebody can spot something on it.

Reactions: Hayato213

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hardmodding is risky and a bad idea. It is even a bad idea for soldering professionals.

Ntrboot not working can have multiple reasons. We have had some instances where pretty much anything got ruled out and ntrboot still would not do. Unexplained.
But in most cases persistent trying and ruling out possible causes or error got it started. However, since your device now has a hardmod it is not easy to tell if ntrboot fails because something went wrong with the soldering.

Experiments like downgrading to A9LH are dangerous – hardly makes sense for curiosity
Yes, and the next question (as if it would help or change something) you will inevitably get in such a situation is "Why install A9LH?"

Edit: Dang! I was a second too late.
========

Please provide pictures of your hardmod installation. Maybe somebody can spot something on it.
i don’t have my 3ds now in my hands, i used the “alternative” CLK point (this one) . I tried to install a9lh just for discover the old modding scene

Attachments

• CADE7DFB-DA85-4B38-A7AA-0EFA461D29FE.png
    CADE7DFB-DA85-4B38-A7AA-0EFA461D29FE.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 22

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There's no reason to hardmod your N3DS. There are other alternatives to recover a bricked 3DS - if you have a spare DS lying around, you can reprogram a compatible flash card with ntrboot, and from there, restore a NAND backup.

achillebrac07

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You got a pre made ntrboot flashcart and a magnet?
I flashed myself before the brick to mod another 3ds and it worked fine
Post automatically merged:

There's no reason to hardmod your N3DS. There are other alternatives to recover a bricked 3DS - if you have a spare DS lying around, you can reprogram a compatible flash card with ntrboot, and from there, restore a NAND backup.
Well If it would have worked I would not have tried the hardmod method. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it's very strange I've made a lot of attempts and none of these worked

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Actually I wasn’t able to boot properly with b9s so i uninstalled it and did the forced ctrtransfer , after that bricked
Bruh, why didn’t you make a thread after the first problem? What you are dealing with is an MCU brick, your system is dead. Neither hardmod or ntrboot will fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto