Gaming Any good JRPG that is availble in English?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ya I wasn't a huge fan of enchanted arms either, but I thought I would throw it up there. Oh, and skip Ratatosk, I don't even recognize it as a tales game. The cover art for Lost Odyssey is a little... odd, and the game has a similar art style, but it grows on you really quickly, and that game had one of the most interesting plots for a JRPG in a while (and it was made by Sakaguchi). Only thing about Lost Odyssey is I wish they would remake it for PS3 so it would fit on a single disk. If you've played all of those, then I'm gonna guess that SNES is your best bet.
Ah, Im at the end on Ratatosk. I havent bothered to finish it becasue training the monsters is way more fun than finishing the game lol xD.
Well hopefully someone knows anymore PS3 titles thats JRPG. I was thinking of checking Nier tommorow or something :)

Check it out now or something. None of this tomorrow crap. If it was late, break into the game store and leave some cash on the counter. Easy.

Some Ps3 RPGS you failed to list.

Ar Toneilco Qoga Knerll of Ar Ciel
Last Rebellion ( a friend Claims its good i have not got to it yet)
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Those would be ones not mentioned, which are good games

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ar Tonelico Qoga is a "good game" lol. Before I continue, I will say I bought it at launch.
The combat gets old, very fast. The entire game is basically fanservice. Which...actually is pretty awesome. it's a hilarious game and I enjoyed it. I'm not sure what word could be used to describe it...but i'm not sure "good" is the right one.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ya, forgot about Last Rebellion, it was pretty good. Rune factory on the other hand, not really my favorite (I actually left it off my list intentionally).

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well we all have our preferences in games p:) so really I just listed some that They had missed, leaving rune factory off Intentionally Sad :( heh cmon 500 hour plats are ftw!

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
grandia on the ps1 and grandia games on the ps2, there is really not a lot of Jrpgs on the ps3, at least decent ones, i personally only play western rpgs so i am not much help.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Some Ps3 RPGS you failed to list.

Ar Toneilco Qoga Knerll of Ar Ciel
Last Rebellion ( a friend Claims its good i have not got to it yet)
Rune Factory Tides of Destiny

Those would be ones not mentioned, which are good games
I didnt fail to list them. I either didnt list them because i didnt think over it or for just those 3 games its because of this:
Ar Toneilco Qoga: Doesnt sell in Norway. Have to get it from other countries. And then i have to pay a tax with a rate of 25%. And i heard the old ones are better
Last Rebellion: Looks really slow and that. Like Eternal Sonata. The fight looks cool once started, but when you get further inn, the fights starts to get boring and that.
Rune Factory ToD: Already have it on my Wii. Not bothering to get another copy for my PS3.

grandia on the ps1 and grandia games on the ps2, there is really not a lot of Jrpgs on the ps3, at least decent ones, i personally only play western rpgs so i am not much help.
I can see that. Becasue i specifically wanted JRPGs on PS3. All those western RPGs for the PS3 is usually avaible on the PC which is why im not asking for them becasue i have them on PC. (Amalaur, Skyrim, ME, DA & all that)

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dark/Demon Souls are JRPGs? Did you finish them? I might get one but I think they're too hard for me. ;]

Well, I dont have any recommendation besides Ni no Kuni / The Another World which is coming next winter...

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Dark/Demon Souls are JRPGs? Did you finish them? I might get one but I think they're too hard for me. ;]

Well, I dont have any recommendation besides Ni no Kuni / The Another World which is coming next winter...
Their both JRPG because they are made by "From software" which is a japnese company. And i said no upcoming games since their either pre-ordrered by me already or on hold until i get money to preorder it which will take me max 1 month from today.
I finished Demons Souls like a breeze. Was a laugh that american/european had a hard time on that game. I even did all those pure white/dark tendency thing. Becasue it was some event that made all worlds pure white i did them all, and then did all dark once the event was over. That king dude on the first map was the only sick douche i had problem with. He took forever too kill and 1 hitted me on one specific attack. Or else it was 2 hit. Still raped him though on my 3rd try.
Dark Souls is what you call challenging. Think i got stuck on Smough and Ornsteain for a month before i killed him. After like 60 deaths or so. And no i dont play Co-op normally. I usually solo. Thats what makes the game challenging. I do however help others. The reason why i had insane problem on Smough and Ornstein is because i used Zweihander which is a ultimate greatsword and also the slowest weapon in the game. In a 2vs1 fight you never want a slow weapon. Thats why i got stuck so long because i had to figure a way to beat them because i absolutely refused to change weapon to make the game easier. Well trash is completely [censored] easy becasue my weapon is actually OP lol.

Out of all i would say Dark Souls easily ranks first place for its awesome gameplay and FFXIII-2 on 2nd because of its awesome gameplay too. The plot however for both is kinda bleh. You dont play Dark Souls for the plot lol. And FFXII-2 was kinda disappoitning with the story. I would rank FFXIII first with the plot and Valkyria right behind. As for comedy i would say Disgaea easily wins first place i guess. Fanservice? Hyperdimension max.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not really on topic but you know you can summon Sunbro to help you with Orny and Smough, right?
It's still essentially "soloing" since all he does is distract one of them by becoming fodder while you 1v1 the other. Then he pretty much gets decimated by super Orny/Smough and you once again can 1v1.
Makes the fight...possible.

Also I should kill you where you stand for ranking Valkyria Chronicles behind ANYTHING plot wise. Especially an FF title. That's just wrong on so many levels. VC is second to none.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Not really on topic but you know you can summon Sunbro to help you with Orny and Smough, right?
It's still essentially "soloing" since all he does is distract one of them by becoming fodder while you 1v1 the other. Then he pretty much gets decimated by super Orny/Smough and you once again can 1v1.

Also I should kill you where you stand for ranking Valkyria Chronicles behind ANYTHING plot wise. Especially an FF title. That's just wrong on so many levels. VC is second to none.
Naab. Valkyria Chronicles 2>Valkyria Chronicles. I gladly rank the second over FFXIII. And i cant summon sunbro unless i had summoned him by every possible fight. Heck i didnt even know that i could get help so i completely raped the double gargoyles alone. I just went for a quick nuke so the other one dies before the last one had any chance lol. Still i soloed the game with mah Zweihander. Rarely used magic too since i prefer to just estus lol. Especially when i got like 70 humanity and every single bonfire is kindled 4 times xD

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Naab. Valkyria Chronicles 2>Valkyria Chronicles. I gladly rank the second over FFXIII. And i cant summon sunbro unless i had summoned him by every possible fight. Heck i didnt even know that i could get help so i completely raped the double gargoyles alone. I just went for a quick nuke so the other one dies before the last one had any chance lol. Still i soloed the game with mah Zweihander. Rarely used magic too since i prefer to just estus lol. Especially when i got like 70 humanity and every single bonfire is kindled 4 times xD

I summoned Sunbro once, to fight Orny and Smough. Only requirement is you be alive.

Also you must be trolling me about VC2. I'm talking story here. I don't give a shit about gameplay, which VC2 is of course better. But the story is phenomenal in VC1. It's...alright, in VC2. Though seriously big maps >>>> small segmented maps with super limited troop numbers. Then there's VC3 which apparently has an amazing story AND an even better gameplay setup than VC2...and of course we don't f**king get it because Sega is a bunch of retards.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I summoned Sunbro once, to fight Orny and Smough. Only requirement is you be alive.

Also you must be trolling me about VC2. I'm talking story here. I don't give a shit about gameplay, which VC2 is of course better. But the story is phenomenal in VC1. It's...alright, in VC2. Though seriously big maps >>>> small segmented maps with super limited troop numbers. Then there's VC3 which apparently has an amazing story AND an even better gameplay setup than VC2...and of course we don't f**king get it because Sega is a bunch of retards.
Oh becasue i found VC2 to be way more enjoyable than VC in all ways. Might just be me though. And yeah im really waiting for VC3. Well now that we have strayed off-topic enough lets go back ontopic shall we?

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Oh becasue i found VC2 to be way more enjoyable than VC in all ways. Might just be me though. And yeah im really waiting for VC3. Well now that we have strayed off-topic enough lets go back ontopic shall we?

I dunno VC2 went all Bishy, is it perhaps gender preference?

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dunno VC2 went all Bishy, is it perhaps gender preference?
Perhaps. But enough derailing guys. If you cant contribute, then ignore to post. I dont really need a title right now. I just wanted to know if there were more titles that im not aware off.

Well You asked for suggestions other than x titles i provided 3, You don;t like them or are to lazy to get them whatever thats fine, but it will be the last time i post anything to help you since your clearly so aprciative of the input.

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Well You asked for suggestions other than x titles i provided 3, You don;t like them or are to lazy to get them whatever thats fine, but it will be the last time i post anything to help you since your clearly so aprciative of the input.
Lol mad much? I already said my reasons for not getting them anyways. And not to mention Last Rebellion was never sold in Norway despite having the intent to get it. And i was talking about derailing becasue people are talking about a game, while im looking after other JRPGs im not aware off. True im lazy, but when the first title is said to be way more bad than the previous one, why should i get it when i can get the other one? And for the other 2 it still the same reason as i posted today/yesterday.

mori123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not mad i just think Your A Ungrateful Douche thats all, aside from that i am sure your perfectly normal temper P:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WUOq1dlZWxI?si=LBlEJwZfwtWShljP lol Denmark can't handle the spice