Gaming Any free way to record DS/DSi screen?

ShadowStone

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's 2018 now and it should be about time a free DS screen recorder would be out, I was going to get the capture cards online but they are too expensive.

ShadowStone

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does that mean there is no free way to record a DS screen through the DS? Well guess I have to use an emulator... However I did find a way to use a DS as a controller for the PC though, I will use that even though it doesn't emulate touchscreen.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Except the controls and clicking on the screen for the stylus, is there a way I can do it in the actual DS?
the ds is weak as hell, even the 3ds has trouble running the software to capture the screen, the software only runs in a new 3ds IIRC
it's not simply as to make one, the hardware is not able to do it.. the ds only has 4MB of ram to give you a taste of its capabilities.

the max you can do is load a homebrew app to send the controlls to pc, but i don't think the stylus screen is supported yet or will be...

but emulators like Desmume are really slow and I find it hard to control. I also need to record DSiWare games.
they are not slow, its your computer that's slow.. they run fine here
nocashgba supports dsi now

Reactions: IC_ and antiNT

ShadowStone

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am trying to run games in no$gba, when loading rom it says: "Encrypted Cartridge, requires biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom" I have the BIOS in the folder of no$gba and i just can't seem to load the game please help.

Jhynjhiruu

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so I am trying to run games in no$gba, when loading rom it says: "Encrypted Cartridge, requires biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom" I have the BIOS in the folder of no$gba and i just can't seem to load the game please help.
You need all the DSi BIOS files. They're copyrighted, so Google is your friend.

ShadowStone

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you except I get a white screen when I play it, however it shows the game's icon in the DS menu screen. On this video: in the description it says the game is compatible with no$gba. The game I am running is Rayman.

Reactions: alivebacon

ShadowStone

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to record DS via USB to PC? I heard you can make an iPhone screen be seen on a PC via USB before. So would it be possible with a DS?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there a way to record DS via USB to PC? I heard you can make an iPhone screen be seen on a PC via USB before. So would it be possible with a DS?
It is possible if you have a DS capture card, iPhones are way more powerful than the DS so you can record the screen without a special capture card and even without a computer

RubyOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Emulators work but even just using a camera could work. Back in 2006-2008 this was very common for lets players

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-