Any danger in linking hacked Wii to Club Nintendo via Wii Shop?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ZildjianKX, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ZildjianKX
    OP

Member ZildjianKX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have a Wii that I haven't updated the OS on in a couple of years so that it can run the Twilight Princess hack. I have quite a few VC games I've purchased on it, and a few from less reputable sources. I was thinking about following this tutorial to get my Wii Shop updated so that I can link my Wii to Club Nintendo so that my VC purchases are linked up:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/wii-shop

Apparently the Wii U is going to offer VC transfers, so I figure this is how they will do it. Are there any risks with linking an old Wii up to the Wii Shop with illicit content on it? Anyone have any trouble having their legit games show up in Club Nintendo?

Thanks in advance.

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just use modmii to update the wii shopping channel, Ninty has no means of knowing anything on your system

3. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Nintendo has been known to send ninja's into peoples bedroom at night and decapitate them. Be careful because lately they've been using rusty dull katanas and have only be partially decapitating people leaving them alive but suffering for hours as they bleed out from their wounds.

5 people like this.
  4. Arras

Member Arras ★02

Netherlands
    Nope, none whatsoever. My wii has been hacked and connected to Connect24 for ages (Since 3.4) and I have never had any problems with it... Except for random VC channels corrupting and having to redownload them. Not sure what caused that.

1 person likes this.
  5. Anon10W1z

Member Anon10W1z GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    The other peeps are right, I linked my account up w/o probz.

And the twilight hack is rather outdated...

6. ZildjianKX
    OP

United States
    Sorry, I've been out of the Wii scene for awhile. Which hack would you recommend now?

7. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    ModMii is the easiest and most used

8. Anon10W1z

United States
    That's not a hack, that makes it easy to hack your Wii.

To answer your question, @[member='ZildjianKX'], download "YAWMM" or "MMM" or "Wii Mod" to your SD card. Using your PC, install ModMii, then go to the download pages and download System Menu 4.1 and IOS60 patched.Direct ModMii to download the files to the SD card letter. Once finished, go to one of the apps I mentioned. If you go to YAWMM, select IOS36, then the IOS60-patched wad. Once that's done, install the System Menu 4.1 wad. If you go to MMM or Wii Mod, then set the IOS to 36 (option at the bottom). Then go to the "Wad Manager" option. Complete the same steps as the YAWMM procedure says, and that's only part 1.

Now in ModMii, download Wilbrand by going to the first option and downloading everything to your SD card. Move the SD card to your Wii, and go to yesterday's date. Press the red message, and reinstall the HBC and BootMii as IOS and Boot2. Install all the wad's with your chosen Wad Manager except for the SM wad and the IOS60 wad.

9. ZildjianKX
    OP

United States
    Wow, that was really detailed! Thanks!

For anyone reading this, the guide I did link to in the first post actually works.

One additional question. Should all purchased VC titles show up in your Club Nintendo account under Accounts & Coins -> Products? My purchases don't seem to be after linking my Wii to my account. My Wii apparently was linked to a previous Club Nintendo account I had (which I can't seem to login to) so I unlinked and re-linked to my new account. Not sure if that matters.

1 person likes this.
  10. Resident Stevil

Newcomer Resident Stevil Advanced Member

United States
    I've had my account linked to my Wii for years before hacking it.

You're safe.

1 person likes this.
  11. Anon10W1z

United States
    No. In fact, they shouldn't link at all. I have VC titles which aren't linked.

12. ZildjianKX
    OP

United States
    Hmm... thanks. I guess I made a bad assumption. I wonder how Nintendo will transfer VC games from the Wii to the Wii U then.

Also, was there a previous Nintendo account you could link your Wii to that wasn't club Nintendo? Apparently Club Nintendo wasn't around until 2009 in the US, and I'm pretty sure I had a Nintendo account before then that my Wii was linked to. Whatever type of account it was, it seems to be dead now.

Edit - It was a "My Nintendo" account. Apparently Nintendo deleted them all on October 11th, 2010... guess I missed that email.

13. Anon10W1z

United States
    I think they make My Nintendo into Club Nintendo and made users reregister.