Hacking Any danger in linking hacked Wii to Club Nintendo via Wii Shop?

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Wii that I haven't updated the OS on in a couple of years so that it can run the Twilight Princess hack. I have quite a few VC games I've purchased on it, and a few from less reputable sources. I was thinking about following this tutorial to get my Wii Shop updated so that I can link my Wii to Club Nintendo so that my VC purchases are linked up:

http://gwht.wikidot.com/wii-shop

Apparently the Wii U is going to offer VC transfers, so I figure this is how they will do it. Are there any risks with linking an old Wii up to the Wii Shop with illicit content on it? Anyone have any trouble having their legit games show up in Club Nintendo?

Thanks in advance.

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo has been known to send ninja's into peoples bedroom at night and decapitate them. Be careful because lately they've been using rusty dull katanas and have only be partially decapitating people leaving them alive but suffering for hours as they bleed out from their wounds.

Reactions: 5 people

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope, none whatsoever. My wii has been hacked and connected to Connect24 for ages (Since 3.4) and I have never had any problems with it... Except for random VC channels corrupting and having to redownload them. Not sure what caused that.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii is the easiest and most used
That's not a hack, that makes it easy to hack your Wii.

To answer your question, @[member='ZildjianKX'], download "YAWMM" or "MMM" or "Wii Mod" to your SD card. Using your PC, install ModMii, then go to the download pages and download System Menu 4.1 and IOS60 patched.Direct ModMii to download the files to the SD card letter. Once finished, go to one of the apps I mentioned. If you go to YAWMM, select IOS36, then the IOS60-patched wad. Once that's done, install the System Menu 4.1 wad. If you go to MMM or Wii Mod, then set the IOS to 36 (option at the bottom). Then go to the "Wad Manager" option. Complete the same steps as the YAWMM procedure says, and that's only part 1.

Now in ModMii, download Wilbrand by going to the first option and downloading everything to your SD card. Move the SD card to your Wii, and go to yesterday's date. Press the red message, and reinstall the HBC and BootMii as IOS and Boot2. Install all the wad's with your chosen Wad Manager except for the SM wad and the IOS60 wad.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To answer your question, @[member='ZildjianKX'], download "YAWMM" or "MMM" or "Wii Mod" to your SD card. Using your PC, install ModMii, then go to the download pages and download System Menu 4.1 and IOS60 patched.Direct ModMii to download the files to the SD card letter. Once finished, go to one of the apps I mentioned. If you go to YAWMM, select IOS36, then the IOS60-patched wad. Once that's done, install the System Menu 4.1 wad. If you go to MMM or Wii Mod, then set the IOS to 36 (option at the bottom). Then go to the "Wad Manager" option. Complete the same steps as the YAWMM procedure says, and that's only part 1.

Now in ModMii, download Wilbrand by going to the first option and downloading everything to your SD card. Move the SD card to your Wii, and go to yesterday's date. Press the red message, and reinstall the HBC and BootMii as IOS and Boot2. Install all the wad's with your chosen Wad Manager except for the SM wad and the IOS60 wad.

Wow, that was really detailed! Thanks!

For anyone reading this, the guide I did link to in the first post actually works.

One additional question. Should all purchased VC titles show up in your Club Nintendo account under Accounts & Coins -> Products? My purchases don't seem to be after linking my Wii to my account. My Wii apparently was linked to a previous Club Nintendo account I had (which I can't seem to login to) so I unlinked and re-linked to my new account. Not sure if that matters.

Reactions: 1 person

Anon10W1z

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For anyone reading this, the guide I did link to in the first post actually works.

One additional question. Should all purchased VC titles show up in your Club Nintendo account under Accounts & Coins -> Products? My purchases don't seem to be after linking my Wii to my account. My Wii apparently was linked to a previous Club Nintendo account I had (which I can't seem to login to) so I unlinked and re-linked to my new account. Not sure if that matters.
No. In fact, they shouldn't link at all. I have VC titles which aren't linked.

ZildjianKX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No. In fact, they shouldn't link at all. I have VC titles which aren't linked.

Hmm... thanks. I guess I made a bad assumption. I wonder how Nintendo will transfer VC games from the Wii to the Wii U then.

Also, was there a previous Nintendo account you could link your Wii to that wasn't club Nintendo? Apparently Club Nintendo wasn't around until 2009 in the US, and I'm pretty sure I had a Nintendo account before then that my Wii was linked to. Whatever type of account it was, it seems to be dead now.

Edit - It was a "My Nintendo" account. Apparently Nintendo deleted them all on October 11th, 2010... guess I missed that email.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn