Gaming Anti-Piracy Update on Windows 7

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haha, yeah. I get black wallpaper, and" you may be a victim of software counterfiting". I'm moving soon, and my mom wants to get me a Macbook, because my computer is having all kinds of problems with windows 7, and she wants me to burn some slideshows and stuff for her. I can't lug around my old computer, and it's about time I get a new one anyways.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
wchill said:
Edhel said:
You could try looking into inserting an SLIC into your bios and then using an oem key+cert. It uses offline activation and will just look like any other OEM install of Windows, they all use the same key. The anti-piracy updates don't effect this method also.

Second this. I have a BIOS mod (well, not really as I had SLIC 2.1 already in BIOS, but same concept) and absolutely no problems with WAT. Looks genuine to M$ and I don't have to bother with loaders or updates. It's just a matter of flashing your BIOS and then typing in a few slmgr commands.
Just use a SLIC emulator (aka loader) and you don't have to flash your BIOS and things like that.

Mine starts just a bit before 7, and it's pratically unnoticeable (funny thing is that I have a 7 Pro x64 genuine license, but I like Ultimate more [and also need some of its features]
smileipb2.png
).

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Flashing also isn't necessary if your PC came with SLIC 2.1 (aka preinstalled Win7), like mine.
Of course that knowledge won't exactly benefit pre-7 computers, but I prefer undetectable softmod to detectable softmod.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people seem to think they are entitled to a copy of the OS if they can't afford it like it is some kind of right. Windows 7 is $300 where you live and you can't afford it so you pirate it like you have some right to own it regardless. Windows 7 is one of the few Microsoft OS that is actually worth buying.

Seyiji

Rawr :3
Trophies
Website
www.rage3d.com
XP
Country
United States
thilixD said:
where I live, Windows Seven Ultimate costs something like 300 DollarsYou live in the United States therefore you can get Seven for half that at Newegg
rolleyes.gif

Njrg said:
How can you "steal" something that is not sold?
Build 7600 that everyone is getting is the version of Windows that Microsoft gives to Computer Manufacturers like Dell and HP so that they may edit and preload it on their machines.Wrong RTM (aka Build 7600) is also the version that can be bought from any number of legitimate online shops like Newegg.
lecture.gif

QUOTE(lorddusk @ Apr 27 2010, 02:37 PM)
get a legal copy of windows seven?
Best and most useful answer in this thread. If you don't want to get "infected" by updates.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jeese, kids these days, actually pay for something, what a stupid idea. Now stop trolling the OP's thread with offtopicness, he asked for a way to fix his pirated OS, nothing else.

My personal suggestion, upgrade to windows XP, it does everything windows 7 does.

oh, and, piracy FTW!

D

Deleted User

I'll go out on a limb and say that Xe stands for Extreme Edition. just a guess, search around with that?

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UltraMagnus said:
jeese, kids these days, actually pay for something, what a stupid idea. Now stop trolling the OP's thread with offtopicness, he asked for a way to fix his pirated OS, nothing else.

My personal suggestion, upgrade to windows XP, it does everything windows 7 does.

oh, and, piracy FTW!

haha oh wow. not even going to bother.

i used wga crunch the second time around.

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:

oh, and, piracy FTW!

lecture.gif
Ha ha, upgrade, ha ha, does everything windows 7 does, ha ha. You best be trolling.

inb4 trolled.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
UltraMagnus said:

oh, and, piracy FTW!
Clearly this person hasn't been on Windows 7 before.
Enjoy not having the latest version of DirectX.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Prowler485 said:
UltraMagnus said:

oh, and, piracy FTW!
Clearly this person hasn't been on Windows 7 before.
Enjoy not having the latest version of DirectX.

Also, XP users get the benefit to not be able to use more than 3.5 gigs of that possible 16 gigs of ram... mm...

Hecatia

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Never use the wga hacks they are always patched by updates.
use the windows 7 loader by daz its the best one.

and XP fails compared to windows 7 unless you have a shit PC.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well all i can say is this:

>some games arent ready yet for windows 7 (many programs like warcraft3? doesnt utilized the dx10 correctly)

>some minor to fatal errors on programs specially for some super old programs that can only be launched on windows xp

as always wait around 1 year and take a look again for software compatibilities.. but anyway as of software compatibilities Windows VISTA is way more better than 7, but for performance Windows 7 is way better than VISTA

so what will you prefer? Application Compatibility or System Performance , well that for you to decide on.

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Donixs said:
UltraMagnus said:

oh, and, piracy FTW!

lecture.gif
Ha ha, upgrade, ha ha, does everything windows 7 does, ha ha. You best be trolling.

inb4 trolled.
I have yet to see a single program that does not run under XP just fine (that runs under windows 7)

Donixs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
I have yet to see a single program that does not run under XP just fine (that runs under windows 7)

Does it fucking matter? Stop living in a cave and upgrade.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu