Another Question about the I-Case Mod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by sonknuck23, Oct 2, 2010.

Oct 2, 2010
  1. sonknuck23
    OP

Member sonknuck23 Mighty Switch Force >

Canada
    So after hours of frustration, I'm finally almost done this. But my question now is as follows; The Metal Case that goes over the DVD-ROM thingy, or whatever, in the guide, it doesn't say ANYTHING about putting it back. Now, when I try to put it back, the case wont fit. But if I attach the case WITHOUT the metal cover, the case fits perfectly.

My question is, what are the dangers of not using the metal case?

2. retrogamermatt

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    No not really it just makes it more solid. and it does fit you just have to give it a little more force, but if you dont wanna risk it just leave it off.

3. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    I ended up forcing it. I put the case together, but it looks horrible lmao. It looks cool from the front, but if you look around it it looks like it's gonna' burst open any second.

I did an awful job, and I'm never doing it again.

4. retrogamermatt

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    i have done 4 of them with no problems, black case on my launch wii, pink case for my little sister, clear case with leds for a friend, and a red case for a friends friend. no problems. It all depends where you get the case if it really is a xcm case or a cheap one i suppose.

5. sonknuck23
    OP

Canada
    It's an XCM case. Personally, I think it's just 'cause the instructions sucked so I kept having to re-do things and in that, the screws started to strip and etc.

Either way, it's done whether it was a shit job or not,