Hardware Another Question about the I-Case Mod

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So after hours of frustration, I'm finally almost done this. But my question now is as follows; The Metal Case that goes over the DVD-ROM thingy, or whatever, in the guide, it doesn't say ANYTHING about putting it back. Now, when I try to put it back, the case wont fit. But if I attach the case WITHOUT the metal cover, the case fits perfectly.

My question is, what are the dangers of not using the metal case?

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
No not really it just makes it more solid. and it does fit you just have to give it a little more force, but if you dont wanna risk it just leave it off.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ended up forcing it. I put the case together, but it looks horrible lmao. It looks cool from the front, but if you look around it it looks like it's gonna' burst open any second.

I did an awful job, and I'm never doing it again.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
i have done 4 of them with no problems, black case on my launch wii, pink case for my little sister, clear case with leds for a friend, and a red case for a friends friend. no problems. It all depends where you get the case if it really is a xcm case or a cheap one i suppose.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's an XCM case. Personally, I think it's just 'cause the instructions sucked so I kept having to re-do things and in that, the screws started to strip and etc.

Either way, it's done whether it was a shit job or not,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-