JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I wish to pose a moral question and I'd like to use this topic to accomplish my task.

I have recetnly been following the war between Anonymous and the so-called Church of Scientology. Now I am no fan of scientology. They have already taken London and Saint Hill Manor. I do not want them to move into my peaceful neck of the woods.

Unfortunately when I was reviewing the literature of Anonymous I came across this disheartening line:

"Whenever a school shooting happens: we laugh"

Are there really people in the world who feel this way? How does this make you feel?

To me its so cold hearted and evil that it almost makes me forget my concerns about the Scientology cult. How could anyone embrace such a vile and inhuman attitude?

If you can answer this question then you know why there are so many psychotics in the world.

Forgive me Mates, my heart just breaks when I hear about this madness.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish to pose a moral question and I'd like to use this topic to accomplish my task.

I have recetnly been following the war between Anonymous and the so-called Church of Scientology. Now I am no fan of scientology. They have already taken London and Saint Hill Manor. I do not want them to move into my peaceful neck of the woods.

Unfortunately when I was reviewing the literature of Anonymous I came across this disheartening line:

"Whenever a school shooting happens: we laugh"

Are there really people in the world who feel this way? How does this make you feel?

To me its so cold hearted and evil that it almost makes me forget my concerns about the Scientology cult. How could anyone embrace such a vile and inhuman attitude?Â

If you can answer this question then you know why there are so many psychotics in the world.

Anonymous is a cult, and much worse than Scientology. On the image boards they see so much shit, they are completely stripped of morals and desensitized.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Yeah It's pretty sad but it doesn't effect me all that much. When there's hundreds of kids starving to death each day while we throw away food it makes things like shootings seem pretty small.

I'm sure if I knew any of them or if it was near me I'd feel worse.

santakuroosu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I have recetnly been following the war between Anonymous and the so-called Church of Scientology.
Really? Don't you have anything better to do?
QUOTEAnonymous is a cult, and much worse than Scientology.
You're blowing this out of proportion. "Anonymous" are just a bunch of retards who are fully aware that they'll get attention if they say controversial things.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have always detested the "chans." I cannot imagine how a person could survive with their humanity intact after being exposed to some of the rubbish you see there.

The sad thing is, having a conscience is what separates man from the animal. Without it we are all just monkeys.

Help me my friends. Am I fool for thinking there is a better future for us all? Am I deluded when I think there can be peace in the world?

I will also say this. Concerning a recently deleted post. My Mother has Jewish blood. I however was raised Presbyterian like many in my region. My Mom wears both a Cross and a Star of David. A few years back she ran into some terrible trouble that was no fault of her own. Two Men came forward to help in her dire time of need.

They were both from Iran and were both strict Muslims.

They knew of my Mother's affection for Judaism and it did not bother them one bit. They were just honourable Men. They did all that they could to help a Widow in her time of need.

So please do not ever smear someone merely because of their country of origin. Every Nation has blood on their hands. Everyone is guilty. Lets not point fingers.

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was at the birth of what has turned into the current "Anonymous" and it's sickening. There was a short story by William Gibson in Burning Crome that I think describes these "people"

This guy has most of it right.
TL; DR: 4chan veteran explains it for the newbies in the hope that it will at least partially help to improve the site.

4chan (4channel)is an image bard based on, and inspired by, 2channel (2chan.net) which is a japanese image board. It is the largest english speaking image board of its type. It is a website designed for adults only. The culture of 4chan is a deeply complicated one. It is japanese themed and inspired. The boards were originally organised by letter, a b c and so on. /b/ was and remains the "random" board, which is by far the most visited board on the site, receiving as it does over 100,000 posts a day. However, it is nothing remotely like or related to gaia. It really is an adult web site. The long running joke that has developed over the past 3 or so years is that everybody on the website, (well, on /b/ anyway) whislt ADULTS, and reasonably intelligent ones at that, engage in moronic activities verging on the utterly stupid. The joke being that everyone acts like the same retarded individual. WHILST KNOWING THAT THEY ARE NOT. The joke is in the delivery.

The humour was fairly unique, and rediculously complex and almost impossible to follow as a newbie. The problem that has blighted 4chan in recent years (and which really started to kick in about 2 or so years ago) is that newcomers to the site, usually heading to /b/ to see what the fuss is all about, see the retardedness of people acting like 14 year olds, and then start thinking that indeed, the website is a place for 14 years olds to hang out and be retarded. This in turn lead to masses of underage users flooding the site. Recent media attention makes this problem increase. Eventually, so many 14 year olds end up browsing the site that the original adult userbase has been overshadowed by the masses of underage people who have now turned the joke inside out, and the site has now literally become a place for 14 year olds to be retarded.

There are several problems with this. The first is that all the old populace of 4chan start whining about this very fact. The second is that the quality of posting completely degrades. The old rules were that you would have to lurk for ages before posting. And you actually would, because the in-jokes were so obscure and closely knit that lurking was the only way you had of knowing what the hell was going on. People now don't bother, and so many new users means that the original point of the board (an extention of a something awful sub forum celebrating a retarded sense of humour crossed with a love for japanese animation) has been wiped clean.

This is a direct result of the board acheiving widespread popularity and new users from sites like this. So now, rather than massive photoshop contests (similar to photoshop friday on something awful) or well written stories, either humerous, or completely obscene, written by adults, the board is flooded with people posting pictures of themselves, reposting old, long dead memes (memetics; the idea of something catching on to the popular masses, think the stuipid "whasssup" budweiser adverts... idiots shouting it at their freinds and so on) that are no longer funny, people taking the idea of anonymous/legion seriously (protip: it's a joke) people reposting threads such as "you raff you ruse" without sometimes even knowing what that means, and generally forgetting that 4chan is an IMAGEBOARD and that posts should be all about interesting/freaky/funny/downright disturbing photo's, drawings and photoshops.

I digress. The next president should require metal detectors for all Colleges/Universities, and high schools.

JohnDrake

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was at the birth of what has turned into the current "Anonymous" and it's sickening. There was a short story by William Gibson in Burning Crome that I think describes these "people"

I digress. The next president should require metal detectors for all Colleges/Universities, and high schools.

Or at least some form of gun control. I was once in the States visiting some friends. They took me to a Toy/Collectibles show. Right next door to this toy show was a GUN SHOW going on at the same exact time!

Free admission of course.
frown.gif

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Anonymous is a cult, and much worse than Scientology.
You're blowing this out of proportion. "Anonymous" are just a bunch of retards who are fully aware that they'll get attention if they say controversial things.
You seem to be sane.

As for the rest of you, Anonymous just trolled you lololololol

I used to go on /b/, and the "shit" there doesn't shock me anymore. Seriously, I've gotten used to it. They're just images.

However, it still shocks me when I see it IRL.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Another recent school shooting that I just read about
icon3.gif

QUOTE said:
Prosecutors today alleged that the shooting of 15-year-old eighth-grader at an Oxnard campus by a classmate was a hate crime.

King was shot in the head early Tuesday in a classroom full of students at E.O. Green Junior High School.

Police said the suspect shot King at least twice at the beginning of their first-period English class and then fled the campus. The boy was apprehended by police a few blocks away.

The reason the dude was shot was because he was because he was black & proclaimed to be gay.
The victim was pronounced brain dead, and will never be able to enjoy his life :'(

Pisses me off people would do such a thing...damn prejudice people.

Read the rest about it here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, AncientBoi be like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxLoR6H7GxQ