Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Anonymous is a cult, and much worse than Scientology.
You're blowing this out of proportion. "Anonymous" are just a bunch of retards who are fully aware that they'll get attention if they say controversial things.
You seem to be sane.

As for the rest of you, Anonymous just trolled you lololololol

I used to go on /b/, and the "shit" there doesn't shock me anymore. Seriously, I've gotten used to it. They're just images.

However, it still shocks me when I see it IRL.

When's the last time you saw somebody get run over by a truck IRL?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Anonymous is a cult, and much worse than Scientology.
You're blowing this out of proportion. "Anonymous" are just a bunch of retards who are fully aware that they'll get attention if they say controversial things.

You seem to be sane.

As for the rest of you, Anonymous just trolled you lololololol

I used to go on /b/, and the "shit" there doesn't shock me anymore. Seriously, I've gotten used to it. They're just images.

However, it still shocks me when I see it IRL.

When's the last time you saw somebody get run over by a truck IRL?
Does a minivan count?

To actually answer, no not a human. But I did see a dog. Yes, I thought it was horrible.

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another recent school shooting that I just read about
icon3.gif

QUOTE said:
Prosecutors today alleged that the shooting of 15-year-old eighth-grader at an Oxnard campus by a classmate was a hate crime.

King was shot in the head early Tuesday in a classroom full of students at E.O. Green Junior High School.

Police said the suspect shot King at least twice at the beginning of their first-period English class and then fled the campus. The boy was apprehended by police a few blocks away.

The reason the dude was shot was because he was because he was black & proclaimed to be gay.
The victim was pronounced brain dead, and will never be able to enjoy his life :'(

Pisses me off people would do such a thing...damn prejudice people.

Read the rest about it here
Yeah...

I thought at first it happened in a comp lab or w/e. Kinda funny though he ran away for a few blocks >_>. Like really, who the hell do you think you are? Shooting a fucking kid, you damn kid.

Besides metal detectors, theres really nothing stopping kids from bringing guns into school. The gov needs to start making more anti-guns or w/e campaigns. Like dare. And convince them you cannot, you cannot at fucking all, get away with it.

inb4/an hero

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm from the U.S. and I am the first to admit the people here are very ignorant to the rest of the world and usually do not see or get the big picture. They are bombarded with celebrities instead of real news and brainwashed with tabloid trash.

This leads to hubris and self-importance in a lot of immature individuals thinking they, too, are like the stars in the magazines and on TV and that everything revolves around them. I will also be the first to admit that there are a lot, A LOT, of good - make that VERY good - people here. But that doesn't make for interesting news does it?

EN!GMA

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anonymous shouldn't be labeled a cult... True the stuff they post is pretty gross sometimes, but just keep it mind what most of them desire is to see the reaction of those who view their posts. So every time someone is shocked about /b/, the channers win.

Because seriously, very few if any people actually enjoy goatse or guro. Consider 4chan an internet outlet for emotions and desires that would otherwise harm society. In that sense, I believe 4chan is beneficial for humanity.

herbanassault

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm from the U.S. and I am the first to admit the people here are very ignorant to the rest of the world and usually do not see or get the big picture. They are bombarded with celebrities instead of real news and brainwashed with tabloid trash.

This leads to hubris and self-importance in a lot of immature individuals thinking they, too, are like the stars in the magazines and on TV and that everything revolves around them. I will also be the first to admit that there are a lot, A LOT, of good - make that VERY good - people here. But that doesn't make for interesting news does it?

Not only do I 100% agree with you, you also have the best username and avatar ever.

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
This it not just limited to the US though. Germany for example has a pretty big number of the same incidents. This happens throughout the world.

There does to seem to be a kind of social standing issue though, like committing the violence elevates them to a higher level. The US does have a problem there though as it has a lot of children growing up who have no real hope of anything better in life. The country of endless possibilities is only that for rich people mostly.

QUOTE said:
We are the nobodies
We wanna be somebodies
When we're dead,
They'll know just who we are

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
maybe he went nuts because its was valentines day

That's my theory. Bet he didn't get a card :'(
Seriously, that's just not funny.
I wonder what the hell is causing all this violence?
It seems school shootings are becoming more and more common nowadays even with all the measurements taken to prevent them.

My theory is loneliness. Not just "aww I feel so sad" but to the extend that he is ignored by everyone.
I remember the virginia tech shooter was also quite isolated.
The lack of social contact and an outlet for his emotions probably tipped him over the edge
frown.gif

dakeyras

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Loneliness is not a persistent factor across the population of people who do something like this though. The virginia tech shooter was isolated cause he was a crazy freak (who wants to spend time with someone who stalks women). But the columbine killers had friends and if you look at other shootings, you'll see that a lot of shooters actually did have friends.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I wish to pose a moral question and I'd like to use this topic to accomplish my task.

I have recetnly been following the war between Anonymous and the so-called Church of Scientology. Now I am no fan of scientology. They have already taken London and Saint Hill Manor. I do not want them to move into my peaceful neck of the woods.

Unfortunately when I was reviewing the literature of Anonymous I came across this disheartening line:

"Whenever a school shooting happens: we laugh"

Are there really people in the world who feel this way? How does this make you feel?

To me its so cold hearted and evil that it almost makes me forget my concerns about the Scientology cult. How could anyone embrace such a vile and inhuman attitude?Â

If you can answer this question then you know why there are so many psychotics in the world.

Forgive me Mates, my heart just breaks when I hear about this madness.
Of course there is people that feel that way. Personally i don't even care if there's school shootings etc. If someone shoots me at the school then it's my problem, not some random guy from random place.
Actually there was a school shooting in nearby school here in finland. about 10km away from my school. I was like "yay school ends earlier today". Maybe i'm not such a emotional random type dunno.
I knew few people from that school, I just assumed that they'll be just fine.
Anyway world is corrupted place lead by only few men. I wouldn't be suprised if all these shootings were arranged, just so they can take away even more civil rights from us.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Problem is not guns. Problem is people. People want to use those guns. We must find the reason. Well, YOU must find the reason. We have no such problem here.

About anonymous, most of the people will "laugh" at the shootings as a symbolic accident. As in the 11S... many people laughed and cried the victims at the same time. FUCKING FUNNY unless you're a patriot retard how two unarmed pricks fucked such a symbol of USAn power. TOTLALY UNFUNNY so many people had to die. Of course, I don't think anyone would have liked them to do such thing... but it's impossible not to consider the part that involves symbolism.

Also, much of the stuff happening on /b/ is just a satyrical view of actual happenings. Sometimes it is simply disgusting, some other times you may star laughing for fucking weeks with an image...

To sum up, I think it's all up to each person. It makes no sense to tell Anonymous current is evil or anything. I don't actually think they mind shit about Scientology taking all ur moniez, but about how ridiculous that Xenu stuff sounds, and the fact that celebrities support it (Tom Cruise anyone?).

Of course, none of my close relatives died neither on the 11S or those shootings. But then again, I wouldn't take into account one of the victims' relatives very seriously. They must be biased, huh?

KILLING IS BAD. Even if you're killing someone you think is a prick or someone who's actually one. What is really sad is the fact that some of those who died may have been of great influence on other humans in the future, but this is the way it is... amor fatii, etc.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thing is, anyone could kill anyone else at any time. Fact of life. Stay on your toes.
Not quite as much of a worry over here where not every raving lunatic is legally allowed to own firearms. Sure we have a little problem with knives at the moment in the UK, but at least a knife can only do for one person at a time - You'd look a bit of a brainslug trying to kill a classroom full of students with a knife eh ?

Seriously America, it really really is about time you ended your rather perverse love affair with firearms - it's not the Wild West frontier days anymore you know ? And you can only blame Hollywood and Manson so many times before the rest of the world starts yawning loudly.

Having said all that, a terrible tragedy and my heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones at the hands of this pillock, and indeed the recent shopping mall pillocks also.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey