Hacking Another Acekard convert

Barely

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I've ditched my DSTT and snagged an Acekard from Shoptemp. I couldn't be happier with the Acekard, always heard good things and they're all proving right so far. The question I have though is about AKAIO. Is it still getting updated often and can we rely on it being updated regularly in the future?

I got the Acekard because I was sick of the DSTT not running things and the huge amount of drama going on with the DATs. Are we gonna be able to count on it being a AAA card for a while, or is it at risk of following DSTT?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO's still getting updated, but a lot of clones will attempt to crack AKAIO to make it run on their cart so they don't have to do support... so the guy that makes AKAIO has even more work cut out for him improving/changing the security with each release now.

Also when AKAIO updates it's one of those firmwares that fixes like 20 games at once, and usually waits until a big game release, not bothering to release for small-time stuff.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rydian said:
AKAIO's still getting updated, but a lot of clones will attempt to crack AKAIO to make it run on their cart so they don't have to do support... so the guy that makes AKAIO has even more work cut out for him improving/changing the security with each release now.

Also when AKAIO updates it's one of those firmwares that fixes like 20 games at once, and usually waits until a big game release, not bothering to release for small-time stuff.

then again, wasn't pokemon a Big release? Wondering when the update will come...

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kajdan said:
Rydian said:

then again, wasn't pokemon a Big release? Wondering when the update will come...

Big release across the world. I imagine if the game were in out in English it might deserve a bit more attention.

Stephapanda

Clover's Wife
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO 1.8 is indeed being worked on now; evidence of this is on their forums. I'm not sure when it'll be released, though.

Barely

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I feel like I should say this thread is in no way a push or nag for an update, I'm happy for them to come whenever they're ready. I just wanna know they *are* coming.

I would consider Layton 3 a big release, and Etrian Odyssey III big-ish. And HELLO, Grease The Official Video Game? They don't any bigger than that!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
This is from about a week ago.

(smiths): More testing needs to be done with each internal update to AKAIO. There were 3 updates this morning.
Norm has to finish counting to potato.
I like shiny objects, so my testing usually gets cut off when i'm distracted by the sunlight's reflection on my ceiling from the DS.
I chase that bastard but i can never catch it.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
yep. pokemon (J) doesn't really affect us.

layton had a cracked version that works, so again... no major rush (it is fixed though in AKAIO betas)

etrian just had a patch released that fixes the ROM... so that now is on the "meh" list.

smile.gif

The scene moves fast so there's no rush to release anything.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The AKAIO guys are generaly less enthusiastic about the pokémon games, lol.
Handling it as "Pokécrap" and not releasing something for the major B/W release, etc.

Doesn't mean it ain't being fixed, but it's easy enough to just run a patched rom on 1.7.1 for the time being!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox