Another Acekard convert

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Barely, Oct 5, 2010.

Oct 5, 2010

Another Acekard convert by Barely at 6:03 AM (1,284 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Barely
    OP

Newcomer Barely Newbie

New Zealand
    So I've ditched my DSTT and snagged an Acekard from Shoptemp. I couldn't be happier with the Acekard, always heard good things and they're all proving right so far. The question I have though is about AKAIO. Is it still getting updated often and can we rely on it being updated regularly in the future?

I got the Acekard because I was sick of the DSTT not running things and the huge amount of drama going on with the DATs. Are we gonna be able to count on it being a AAA card for a while, or is it at risk of following DSTT?

2. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Hard to say. Normatt works at his own pace. He releases updates when he feels they are needed. That said, last update was in July. No clue if anything new is on the way.

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    AKAIO's still getting updated, but a lot of clones will attempt to crack AKAIO to make it run on their cart so they don't have to do support... so the guy that makes AKAIO has even more work cut out for him improving/changing the security with each release now.

Also when AKAIO updates it's one of those firmwares that fixes like 20 games at once, and usually waits until a big game release, not bothering to release for small-time stuff.

4. ShinyLatios

Member ShinyLatios Local "That Guy"

Netherlands

then again, wasn't pokemon a Big release? Wondering when the update will come...

5. GreatCrippler

Member GreatCrippler Greatness Fallen

United States
    Big release across the world. I imagine if the game were in out in English it might deserve a bit more attention.

6. Stephapanda

Member Stephapanda Clover's Wife

United States
    AKAIO 1.8 is indeed being worked on now; evidence of this is on their forums. I'm not sure when it'll be released, though.

7. Barely
    OP

Newcomer Barely Newbie

New Zealand
    I feel like I should say this thread is in no way a push or nag for an update, I'm happy for them to come whenever they're ready. I just wanna know they *are* coming.

I would consider Layton 3 a big release, and Etrian Odyssey III big-ish. And HELLO, Grease The Official Video Game? They don't any bigger than that!

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    This is from about a week ago.

(smiths): More testing needs to be done with each internal update to AKAIO. There were 3 updates this morning.
    Norm has to finish counting to potato.
    I like shiny objects, so my testing usually gets cut off when i'm distracted by the sunlight's reflection on my ceiling from the DS.
    I chase that bastard but i can never catch it.

9. Smiths

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    yep. pokemon (J) doesn't really affect us.

layton had a cracked version that works, so again... no major rush (it is fixed though in AKAIO betas)

etrian just had a patch released that fixes the ROM... so that now is on the "meh" list.

[​IMG]

The scene moves fast so there's no rush to release anything.

10. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    The AKAIO guys are generaly less enthusiastic about the pokémon games, lol.
    Handling it as "Pokécrap" and not releasing something for the major B/W release, etc.

Doesn't mean it ain't being fixed, but it's easy enough to just run a patched rom on 1.7.1 for the time being!