Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
Sully99 said:
tigris said:
Hey guys, let's make Sony remember this by boycotting the NGP when it comes out! (y)

I am not buying one because of this youtube nonsense.

it doesn't count as a boycott if you weren't going to buy it anyway...

you're not going to buy another Sony product ever again? you better pay attention to the insides of all of your electronics from now to eternity... you're never going to own a bluray player? ever?

Jesus Christ... Please allow me to clear up some of the stupidity in this topic.

1. Sony didn't invent bluray. There are bluray players on the market that are not made by Sony.

"Japanese inventor Shuji Nakamura invented the first efficient blue LED."

"Blu-ray Disc was developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association, a group representing makers of consumer electronics, computer hardware, and motion pictures."

Many industry indsiders also consider bluray to be the new Laser Disc and not the true next gen format.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/17399/sams...ay-5-years-left

The slow read speeds do make the format s*** for gaming. Even a faster drive wont fix the slow data transfer. Bluray is great for movies and s*** for gaming.

2. Name ONE piece of electronics not made by Sony that uses Sony components. Although you may be able to find one or two, you greatly exaggerate their contributions to the electronics industry.

Its so EASY to live without Sony. There are so many other, better choices on the market. If someone says they're not going to purchase a Sony product, well that's fine for them. Only a fanboy would object and try to cry foul. These same idiots are supporting a company that is attacking pirates while they themselves post on a piracy focused web site. This fact alone automatically negates anything they have to say on the subject. Their opinions are literally meaningless.

Seriously, I hope you kids have made your peace with karma. Because that s*** it a bitch. One day it will be your ISP knocking at your door.

nayps3.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sony had nothing to do with creating bluray? you should fix the wiki then http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Origins

no one greatly exaggerated anything... i merely insinuated that unless you are 100% sure that every electronic device you purchase has 0 components manufactured by sony how can you really "boycott" them?

a sony fanboy? really? the only sony product i've owned in the last 10 years was a psp and i don't even have that anymore. as i've said, i hope sony loses this case. do i think they've gone too far? hell no i don't. do i give a shit if sony has my IP address? not in the least. people are worked up because they see tech sites posting headlines like "Sony Knows Who You Are!!!" which is misinformation. they can't get your names or home addresses... all they can get is the state (in the U.S. only, foreign countries don't concern them at all in these subpoenas) from which an IP address originated. no one can be sued.

"but sony's invading my privacy" - you're privacy is already being invaded by so many entities it's not even funny
"but i'm a "hacker" and i stand by Geohot" - bullshit you are

the only fanboys in this thread are the sony haters. it's "cool" to hate sony right now... i'm going to buy whichever system has the games i want to play. right now it's the xbox 360. maybe in the future it'll be the PS6. console loyalty is a joke.

Sully99

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Old8oy said:
Sully99 said:
tigris said:
Hey guys, let's make Sony remember this by boycotting the NGP when it comes out! (y)

I am not buying one because of this youtube nonsense.

it doesn't count as a boycott if you weren't going to buy it anyway...

you're not going to buy another Sony product ever again? you better pay attention to the insides of all of your electronics from now to eternity... you're never going to own a bluray player? ever?

Jesus Christ... Please allow me to clear up some of the stupidity in this topic.

1. Sony didn't invent bluray. There are bluray players on the market that are not made by Sony.

"Japanese inventor Shuji Nakamura invented the first efficient blue LED."

"Blu-ray Disc was developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association, a group representing makers of consumer electronics, computer hardware, and motion pictures."

Many industry indsiders also consider bluray to be the new Laser Disc and not the true next gen format.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/17399/sams...ay-5-years-left

The slow read speeds do make the format s*** for gaming. Even a faster drive wont fix the slow data transfer. Bluray is great for movies and s*** for gaming.

2. Name ONE piece of electronics not made by Sony that uses Sony components. Although you may be able to find one or two, you greatly exaggerate their contributions to the electronics industry.

Its so EASY to live without Sony. There are so many other, better choices on the market. If someone says they're not going to purchase a Sony product, well that's fine for them. Only a fanboy would object and try to cry foul. These same idiots are supporting a company that is attacking pirates while they themselves post on a piracy focused web site. This fact alone automatically negates anything they have to say on the subject. Their opinions are literally meaningless.

Seriously, I hope you kids have made your peace with karma. Because that s*** it a bitch. One day it will be your ISP knocking at your door.

nayps3.gif

My dad still has his laser disk player those disks are the size of records. LOL

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:

nayps3.gif

+9001.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sully99 said:
My dad still has his laser disk player those disks are the size of records. LOL

Yes but it was a great format for its day.

In the 90s it was the only way to see the kind of extras, deleted scenes, trailers, etc that you commonly find on today's DVDs.
It was also the only way to watch most films in their proper cinematic aspect ratio. (I hate pan and scan.)

If you were a serious movie fan Laser Discs were the only way to go.

One more thing...

To the other guy who said Sony "created" bluray... I already covered that in my last post. Beat you to it.

Waaaaay off topic now.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess some people just understand that piracy is illegal and know that one day they may have to pay the piper for doing something they knew to be WRONG. i've pirated games. that doesn't mean i'm loyal to everyone else who pirates games. how can anyone blame Sony for attacking PIRATES? EVERYONE HERE KNOWS IT'S ILLEGAL TO PIRATE!!!

at the same time. we should be able to modify our personal property in any way we see fit.

karma is a bitch. and we'll all remember that if/when we're living in a cardboard box paying Sony or any other company with the cans we pick up on the street.
wink.gif

edit: @SPH73 - read much? who said Sony "created" bluray by themselves? no one did. Sony played a role in the development did they not? what exactly did you "cover" in your last post?

QUOTE said:
Sony started two projects applying the new diodes: UDO (Ultra Density Optical)[6], and DVR Blue (together with Pioneer)[7], a format of rewritable discs that would eventually become Blu-ray Disc (more specifically, BD-RE). The core technologies of the formats are similar.

The first DVR Blue prototypes were unveiled at the CEATEC exhibition in October 2000 by Sony.[8] A trademark for the "Blue Disc" logo was filed February 9, 2001.[9] On February 19, 2002, the project was officially announced as Blu-ray Disc,[10][11] and Blu-ray Disc Founders was founded by the nine initial members.

Blu-ray Disc Founders
Sony Corporation
20th Century Fox
Dell
Hewlett Packard
Hitachi
LG Electronics
Panasonic Corporation
Mitsubishi Electric
Philips
Pioneer
Samsung Electronics
Sharp
TDK
Thomson

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
i guess some people just understand that piracy is illegal and know that one day they may have to pay the piper for doing something they knew to be WRONG. i've pirated games.

This isn't about piracy. Never was. Its about privacy. Go back and read the entire topic.

QUOTE(Old8oy @ Mar 6 2011, 08:04 PM) Blu-ray Disc Founders
Sony Corporation
20th Century Fox
Dell
Hewlett Packard
Hitachi
LG Electronics

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
Plain and simple. No one should be monitored for watching a video. Public Information is free. Viva la revolution!

nayps3.gif

Old8oy you assuming everyone that hack stuff is a pirate which is not true. You can be a anti-pirate and still hack your own stuff.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow SPH73...

i think you have a personality disorder

the piracy comment was in reference to this:

QUOTE said:
Only a fanboy would object and try to cry foul. These same idiots are supporting a company that is attacking pirates while they themselves post on a piracy focused web site. This fact alone automatically negates anything they have to say on the subject. Their opinions are literally meaningless.

Karma goes both ways bud...

I didn't imply shit regarding who created blu-ray
wink.gif
you misinterpreted my statement. the person i was responding to claimed to be swearing off everything Sony forever. i was pointing out that Sony has their hands in many things. at no point did i give sony full credit for creating blu-ray, the Earth, or anything else for that matter...

You think you are a cannibal troll but you assume too much...

Feel free to my check my posts in previous threads if you think i support Sony in their case. I hope they crash and burn. but they have every right to try and defend themselves in the meantime. Have you personally read the subpoenas? Do you know precisely what they'll have access to and how they can use it?

KingVamp said:
Old8oy you assuming everyone that hack stuff is a pirate which is not true. You can be a anti-pirate and still hack your own stuff.

again, i don't assume shit
wink.gif
dude specifically mentioned "supporting a company that's attacking pirates". that is where the piracy comment came from.

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the heck is leading these people? I mean, I'm sure tons of people try to give them orders, but who does who take orders from?

I guess they're...

But seriously, it must be really hard leading an attack without any leaders or any real order. I guess the chaos makes it more.. Effective.

TheViolentOne

Trophies
XP
Country
first off ; I Flickin' hate SONY! but ! I own a lot of sony products...why? because sony's products are the best.just for once forget about gaming, sony is the best on music and sound.I mean doesn't anyone remember those old casette players , Walkman? it was the first portable casette player.even now walkman lives.now what about sony headphones? they are the best .no need for questioning.and as I said before I am a sony hater .but I have a ps3.because most of my fav. games are on ps.my television is sony.giving me the best quality .my music player is sony.giving me the best sound(w/ headphones) yes sony is a bastard thief on gaming and all but. c'mon ...we can't live without sony.

of course there are other good companies but most of them are connected to sony.C'MON! SONY EVEN OWNS COCA COLA!!!
wtf.gif
wtf.gif

coca cola does not means only "COLA" it also means most of the best fruit juises like capy. Sony own everything in my country.

SPH73

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Old8oy said:
wow SPH73...

i think you're a big doody head

Personal insults? Stay classy Old8oy.

Off topic... Walkman? Walkman were crap. Walkman have been crap since the late 80s.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is obviously a hot topic of debate, but let's stay on topic please. Also, reel in the profanity a bit. I'm not one to blush, but some of these remarks are bit too graphic for the all-ages community that make up GBAtemp.

Peace

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I like what they did to HGBary over its complicity with Bank of America to attack WikiLeaks with defamation and leadership picking, despite to this day being no evidence that it planned to release any leaked documents against them. It was major ass owning. I have faith in anon delivering the very best in asskickery.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1