Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I now have a legit MSD (tested on h2testw) and it's reading all roms perfectly, my other fake one wasn't unfortunately. I was just wondering is there any special thing i need to do to save on the two NAND based save games as I've started AC:NL 3 times now and it always makes me start over, It doesn't seem to be saving for me, I've tried the home>x>a save method. Thanks.
Which AC:NL dump did you get? There's two of them (assuming you're using the EU or US version). I'd try the other one. I'm playing AC:NL now, and I had no problems saving.

Reactions: Doran754

NoName89

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i have a problem starting the games... can you please help me out?

after 2 hours of searching for different error and solving the porblems (last problem was the "fragmentation error") i can now choose the games i want in the menu. but instead of starting the game after the loading bar gets full, nochting happens and i can't find a solution to this problem...

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem starting the games... can you please help me out?

after 2 hours of searching for different error and solving the porblems (last problem was the "fragmentation error") i can now choose the games i want in the menu. but instead of starting the game after the loading bar gets full, nochting happens and i can't find a solution to this problem...

Which game are you having a problem with loading?

Also, as far as the fragmentation error, unfortunately, you are going to have to format your microSD card and copy ALL of the games over to it again.

Something about the Gateway cards prevents you from being able to delete ROMs and add others, without having fragmentation issues. Nothing I have tried works, besides a full format, and copying all of the games back all at once.

If you're having an issue with freezes, it is likely that the game you are trying to load has either been trimmed or had its update removed, and many games simply will not work if the update is removed.

All of my games, with the exceptions of Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, work just fine if they are trimmed, but left with the update data intact.

So;

1/ Format your microSD and start over.
2/ Check your ROMs to see if you removed the update file, or if they are trimmed. If so, try again with clean ROMs.
3/ You can safely trim many of the currently dumped ROMs, but removing the update file breaks more than half of them.

NoName89

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Which game are you having a problem with loading?

Also, as far as the fragmentation error, unfortunately, you are going to have to format your microSD card and copy ALL of the games over to it again.

Something about the Gateway cards prevents you from being able to delete ROMs and add others, without having fragmentation issues. Nothing I have tried works, besides a full format, and copying all of the games back all at once.

If you're having an issue with freezes, it is likely that the game you are trying to load has either been trimmed or had its update removed, and many games simply will not work if the update is removed.

All of my games, with the exceptions of Pokemon X/Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf, work just fine if they are trimmed, but left with the update data intact.

So;

1/ Format your microSD and start over.
2/ Check your ROMs to see if you removed the update file, or if they are trimmed. If so, try again with clean ROMs.
3/ You can safely trim many of the currently dumped ROMs, but removing the update file breaks more than half of them.

thank you for the detailed answer.....

i'm really ashamed to say that there was no error...i just was to impatient and didn't wait fpr 2-3 seconds for the game to load...hahaha...everything works fine now :D

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

Pigfoot

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Works great, as does multirom. Glad i got that 32gb micro SD card with my Gateway a while back, i think too many didn't trust Gateway about getting multirom working and bought a handful of smaller SD cards instead :P now we just need online play, then we have a perfect card.

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everybody,

Recently purchased a GW for the 2.1 Omega update and unfortunately ran into some MicroSD card issues, specifically a "Filesystem error". I am unsure if this is the "Fragmentation error" which many have posted already.

I have made an image gallery here to show the error: http://imgur.com/a/pMaj3

From the diagnostics screen, I assume I followed all the correct procedures pre-Red card and the only problem lies with my red card or the MicroSD itself.

I have tried different MicroSD cards (2GB Sandisk and 32GB Samsung microSDHC UHS-I Card both bought retail), formatted both with Windows and Panasonic SD Formatter 4.0 (default settings for FAT32 and exFAT), drag-and-dropped untrimmed ROMs via Teracopy, Windows shell and directly via WinRar, all to no avail.

I have also noted that the contact between the MicroSD and the internals of the card itself might be loose. I have attached images in the gallery above to highlight this problem and applied the paper/cardboard method to bridge the gap, although I am unsure if this gap is normal or a defect.

Of course, I hope this is a software problem which I can handle, otherwise the GW gets sent back.

Thanks in advance.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a very similar issue when I was trying to get the games to load. VERY similar. I used one 32GB microSDHC, one 4GB microSDHC and two 2GB microSD cards. Went through pretty much the same issues as you described.

What worked for me was what I described earlier. I flashed a single tiny ROM to each card using Win32 Disk Imager, then used Windows to format the cards. Next, I formatted them to exFAT, and dragged-and-dropped a few ROMs on to them. That worked.

The fragmentation error issue kept happening every time I would try to delete a ROM and add others. The only solution for that problem is to format the card, and copy all of the ROMs over to it at once. Get a snack; it will take at least an hour to fill up a 32GB microSDHC with 29.7GB usable.

If all else fails, use your old skool Nintendo wisdom, and blow on the contacts.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know what would be great for 2.2: a favorites system for your games select... or a "quick-load-last-game" or something.

It's a chore to scroll through all the games on the stick just to get to the last one you played....

... or is it just me?

#firstworldproblems

:P

(is there a way to re-order the games on the multi rom select menu? or are they in order of first-to-last written to the stick?

Reactions: CraddaPoosta

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had a very similar issue when I was trying to get the games to load. VERY similar. I used one 32GB microSDHC, one 4GB microSDHC and two 2GB microSD cards. Went through pretty much the same issues as you described.

What worked for me was what I described earlier. I flashed a single tiny ROM to each card using Win32 Disk Imager, then used Windows to format the cards. Next, I formatted them to exFAT, and dragged-and-dropped a few ROMs on to them. That worked.

The fragmentation error issue kept happening every time I would try to delete a ROM and add others. The only solution for that problem is to format the card, and copy all of the ROMs over to it at once. Get a snack; it will take at least an hour to fill up a 32GB microSDHC with 29.7GB usable.

If all else fails, use your old skool Nintendo wisdom, and blow on the contacts.

I would never have thought of using Win32 Disk Imager as many have stated the drag-and-drop feature of Omega 2.1 would render the method redundant. Nonetheless, it's better than it being a hardware issue.

Going to give it a try now and report back. Thanks!

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, no, that isn't to get the ROMs on the cart. That's just to flash the image to your microSD card, and to force Windows to read it as corrupted, and requiring a hardware format before Windows can read it. Formatting my microSD card with a ROM flashed to it fixed the issue.

For some reason, that trick worked, for me. I am not sure why, but it did.

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, no, that isn't to get the ROMs on the cart. That's just to flash the image to your microSD card, and to force Windows to read it as corrupted, and requiring a hardware format before Windows can read it. Formatting my microSD card with a ROM flashed to it fixed the issue.

For some reason, that trick worked, for me. I am not sure why, but it did.

Received the same error, unfortunately.

When formatting to exFAT, did you leave the allocation unit size to 32 kilobytes?

Other than that, I followed your instructions exactly, which are quite detailed already.

On a side note, are defects for GW chips relatively prevalent?

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. 32kb.

The one thing you can do is to check and see if your Gateway card is a clone. On the Gateway page, they have pictures to show what the clone cards look like.

Beyond that, you were successful before, I assume, in getting Gateway to read the card's contents when you had flashed a single ROM to them, right?

Gateway will still read single-ROM-imaged microSD cards, but it shows them as a 'raw game'. Try that and see if it can recognize the microSD at all.

Also, perhaps try power cycling your 3DS and booting back into Gateway Mode. Are you running emuNAND?

L'Seraphic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. 32kb.

The one thing you can do is to check and see if your Gateway card is a clone. On the Gateway page, they have pictures to show what the clone cards look like.

Beyond that, you were successful before, I assume, in getting Gateway to read the card's contents when you had flashed a single ROM to them, right?

Gateway will still read single-ROM-imaged microSD cards, but it shows them as a 'raw game'. Try that and see if it can recognize the microSD at all.

Also, perhaps try power cycling your 3DS and booting back into Gateway Mode. Are you running emuNAND?

I am very certain that my GW unit is legit, given that the 1st, 8th and last pin being longer than the rest and I purchased the unit from one of their Resellers.

I have tried Writing a .3ds file onto my exFAT microSD via Win32 Disk Imager. The interesting part is, out of the dozen or so tries, I have only seen one instance where I have got a "SD Test RAW". I can see the rom as a white icon when I boot into GW mode, yet I cannot load the ROM when I press A.

I am not sure what you mean by power cycling, but I'll try anything at this point from returning the product. I do not believe I am running emuNAND (I am also unsure what the term means); all I have done is install the via Blue card, Backup NAND, did not connect to Wi-Fi to update, update Red card via the prompt and then the microSD failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag