Hacking Bravely Default 1.2 -> 2.1 save fix

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just figured i would share this method i found for people to use their 1.2 saves on 2.1

this should work on both regions, and is really simple to do(it will look slightly different for different roms but the offset is the same [189]
basically open up the bravely default rom in a hex editor and change the 01 highlighted in the picture to 00...save and your done, your save will now load fine

bravely.jpg

DON'T try this if your save was created on 2.0 or higher, as it will detect the save as corrupted and delete it

How it works
basically it just disables the 6.x save crypto and reverts to 2.0 save crypto on your save.....this was how bravely default worked on 1.2

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
probably a bit offtopic, but was the "western" release as blogs call it, of Bravely Default the only version that was censored? Or is the "western" exactly the same thing as the PAL version? (and hence, PAL version is censored as well.)

Anorhc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a bit offtopic, but was the "western" release as blogs call it, of Bravely Default the only version that was censored? Or is the "western" exactly the same thing as the PAL version? (and hence, PAL version is censored as well.)
US = PAL. Both are exactly the same.

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
God dammit, stop calling the EU region PAL already. PAL is not a fucking region.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
God dammit, stop calling the EU region PAL already. PAL is not a fucking region.
its become a bit of a "standard" I'm afraid, doesn't matter if its not technically correct no more, its just how games where differentiated for many many years....so its stuck, still says PAL on wii u games etc

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
its become a bit of a "standard" I'm afraid, doesn't matter if its not technically correct no more, its just how games where differentiated for many many years....so its stuck, still says PAL on wii u games etc

Does it really? What has the world come to? D:

Ennea

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i can understand people not liking NTSC for american, but i quite like PAL....it sounds....friendly :P

Indeed, it does. People use it for way less than it actually is, though; the PAL encoding is more widespread than the 3DS' EU region.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
US = PAL. Both are exactly the same.

so... in other words.. they are both censored , while Japans´s re-release (forgot the name) is uncensored

gamesquest1 is it possible or do you know where, to hex edit a savefile for it to work with another region/(scene) dump? Great contribution as always, btw.

.... why u do dis?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah im afraid you will just have to live for it a while longer XD
DSC_1036.jpg

That's a WiiU game, and technically since you can still connect a WiiU to an SDTV, it's not wrong to call it PAL (or NTSC), unlike 3DS games like Bravely Default, which don't have anything to do with TV standards.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
That's a WiiU game, and technically since you can still connect a WiiU to an SDTV, it's not wrong to call it PAL (or NTSC), unlike 3DS games like Bravely Default, which don't have anything to do with TV standards.
ok, but the point was, that that's just how people differentiate games, its has been for many years, its just a term that stuck,its not something to get all worked up about it, everyone clearly knows what is meant by the term, even though the standard that it refers to is pretty much obsolete.

jackddd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so... in other words.. they are both censored , while Japans´s re-release (forgot the name) is uncensored

Japan's 'for the sequel' re-release is undumped, right? I believe ENG language support is also DLC for their version.

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan's 'for the sequel' re-release is undumped, right? I believe ENG language support is also DLC for their version.

Ah! Thats the name. I have no idea about the english DLC part. Im guessing its a no-go for flashcard users. Unless u buy it of course, once the dump is public.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol