Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I discovered a way that ensures I no longer get FRAGMENTATION ERROR:

First off I want to note that my ROMs were never the issue, nor was the brand of my micro SD card.

All I had to do was simply copy my ROMs over one by one, and the problem went away. When I copied two or more to the card, I would get the FRAGMENTATION ERROR on most of the ROMs.

Hope this helps someone.

I copied all of them at once but I used a program called Teracopy and I didn't have any issues. That is another thing people could try.

Reactions: tHciNc

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
With all the reports of bricking and issues of that nature is it really necessary to use this beta version? Granted I'm really anticipating multi-rom support too, but I don't want to risk my 3DS with a beta version issue. So I'll be waiting for the stable final release.

Where in the world are you reading the word "beta"?

Jean Karlo

Hacker Aspirant!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With all the reports of bricking and issues of that nature is it really necessary to use this beta version? Granted I'm really anticipating multi-rom support too, but I don't want to risk my 3DS with a beta version issue. So I'll be waiting for the stable final release.

Is not a beta. There is a public release already

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question! i'm currently playing animal crossing new leaf with the omega 2.0 private beta, when I update to 2.1, will my save still work? thanks!

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question! i'm currently playing animal crossing new leaf with the omega 2.0 private beta, when I update to 2.1, will my save still work? thanks!
Most likely yes. But try and if it doesnt, then downgrade to the private beta

LimeWan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I copied all of them at once but I used a program called Teracopy and I didn't have any issues. That is another thing people could try.
Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm on OS X 10.6.

Prior22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is not a beta. There is a public release already

Hasn't Gateway released betas to the public before? Since their final version's have never had a word in the title, like Omega, I thought this would be a release given to the public to allow for feedback before a more stable release. In this thread have their been any complaints so far in terms of crashing or other serious issues?

shibi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely yes. But try and if it doesn't, then downgrade to the private beta

Right. I just don't want to lose my save file and at the same time play HarmoKnight. I hope somebody have tried it and could give advice =)

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what does it mean for the eshop games work, does that mean for those who buy a game from the eshop they can play those games off of the emunand? or can they back up the eshop games and play them off the cart?

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Right. I just don't want to lose my save file and at the same time play HarmoKnight. I hope somebody have tried it and could give advice =)

Man, they just added eShop compatibility, don't be paranoid.

what does it mean for the eshop games work, does that mean for those who buy a game from the eshop they can play those games off of the emunand? or can they back up the eshop games and play them off the cart?

eShop games bought by yourself have always been playable since emuNAND existed. Gateway's statement refers to eShop games dumped by scene groups. Currently, there are only two games of this kind in the wild.

Reactions: ground

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The former has been possible since 2.0b1, and the latter is still not possible, at least the backing up. What they've done is enable you to play "backups" of eShop games off the cart, and the currently only two scene releases are Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies & Harmo Knight.
Goddammit, why do I bother with all the ninja'ing going on ._.

Reactions: kyogre123

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I started A.C yesterday, updated today to 2.1, the save is intact and working.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Dears users who play Pokemon,
please request from Gateway for "Region-free in Country list",
meaning to say able to select "Japan as Country" on a USA/EUR 3DS, for example.

It takes many e-mails to move them.

Cheers!

EDIT:

For fun, I've download a Pokebank.cia

I changed it to Pokebank.3DS, and it doesn't work.

Going to try others.

Saturosias

thank
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so where should i copy .cia file?
Don't, just download the update from eShop for free. If you were talking about updates for an out-of-region ROM, then it should still just as well work with the one from your region's eShop, as I recall another member saying US Mario Kart worked with another region's 1.1 Update.

Reactions: s-arash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol