Hacking ANNOUNCING: GATEWAY 2.0 “OMEGA” PRIVATE BETA

Whosian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Gateway now makes roms, right? Has anyone tested those roms on the clones?

Because the way Gateway explained the size difference makes me suspect they made the Gateway add code to the roms, to make them proprietary, maybe. Or, if you're more suspicious minded, add brick code or some other way to fuck with the competition.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
taken down eh?...looks like Nintendo is passive aggressively letting you know that they've had their eye on the "temp" waiting for an excuse to whip out "DMCA" like a street flasher, and that they are not happy about GateWay..wonder if they are going to try to get them banned or go after the actual Gateway company. This is not setting a good precedent for firmware updates for flashcarts. Never have I see a "DMCA" takedown for FIRMWARE for any flashcart (including acekard, r4, DSTT, CYclo DStwo etc)..Nintendo must be REALLY pissed that 100% of games are working now.

Big N probably wished that the "temp" was 6 feet under after the GBA rom hosting fiasco years ago. I'm sure we've been a MAJOR thorn in their corporate side...since we 'do' talk about flashcarts and helping others.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested with exFAT and 3 games on it. Cart doesn't even show when I put it in. Checksums on ROMs check out and fsck returns no errors. Disappointing, but it is beta.

Whosian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Also, has anyone tried matching the hash of two separate dumps of the same game from the same region?

[edit] Or checksum, I guess I meant.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested with exFAT and 3 games on it. Cart doesn't even show when I put it in. Checksums on ROMs check out and fsck returns no errors. Disappointing, but it is beta.

I had the same issue, did you try pressing select? lol

Well, they did actually put the info in the quickguide pdf. :o

Ek17IqVl.png

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying a few things, and I found that if you trim and remove the update data from some ROMs (currently experienced with LOZ:OOT3D and RE:REV), on an exFAT formatted SD card, it causes the console to lock up, requiring a hard reset, if you attempt to load the game. They do show up in the multi-ROM menu though, and untrimmed ROMs don't present this issue either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :ph34r: