Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
tbgtbg said:
DiscostewSM said:
my jimmy-rigged SNES with a small ball of foil in the power port with the power cable strapped onto it with tape to keep it system working.

Sounds like an electrical fire just waiting to happen.

Anyway, on topic, if they sold just the book alone for a decent price, I'd probably get it, but I have no interest in a few roms on a disc with nothing else special going on.

The book is not worth 5 cents in my oppinion. I actually thought it'd be a book (like the final fantasy XIII collectors had), but this was just a thinner instruction manual with pictures.... what? 15 pages?
I got really mad about that part... and disappointed at the CD, it could've had more tracks from each game... And completely skip the sound effects tracks... i mean, yay the coin "bi-ding" on a CD! Who would enjoy that? seriously?

I don't mind it's "just roms on a disc" but the rest was a real letdown....
frown.gif

personuser said:
QUOTE(Atomglow @ Feb 15 2011, 02:59 PM)
Nice for people who doesn't have had a Super Nintendo.

This Picture is saying what I want to say about this.

15022011z.jpg

Proud owner since 1996
yay.gif

Damn, that SNES looks fine, as do the carts. My kidhood SNES was the big and bulky one. I guess it's either a SNES 2, a european model or both, seeing the shape of those carts.

I had SMAS too as a kid, in fact it was my first game (along with Yogi Bear)

But ya, we're going to see an article like this pop up again a few more times until fans/collectors/suckers really start complaining.
It's European
smile.gif
(And the Japanese looks the same)

Xanthos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing SMA on my DS as we speak...

Incidentally this seems to be something that only a person with a wii, no wi-fi, no SNES, and a dislike for anything having to do with emulators/roms would buy. Actually, truth be told, I like the truly classic NES versions of these games anyways!

But I suppose it's like the DSi XL and GBA Micro. If Nintendo can make a buck or two, why not?

Like other people were saying, had they included SMW(and possibly SMW2, since I like that game so much but can't find my GBA cartridge), it would be well worth the cost, but sadly that's not the case. Heck, those sorry music tracks on that CD probably took more space than those roms would've.

I suppose one plus would be, like what someone mentioned earlier, that the disc is portable. Now, I'm not really well-versed in the use of the VC... can you play games on another Wii if you save them to an SD card? (Obviously they couldn't transfer data to their Wii system memory for piracy reasons, but can you at least PLAY the games on another Wii?)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
The book is not worth 5 cents in my oppinion. I actually thought it'd be a book (like the final fantasy XIII collectors had), but this was just a thinner instruction manual with pictures.... what? 15 pages?

15 pages? That's not a book, that's a pamphlet.

And yeah, the foreign SFC/SNES looks a lot better than the US one, even without the US one turning yellow. I don't know what NOA was thinking when they came up with the ugly design they went with.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Nintendo will be releasing a 25th anniversary edition of Super Mario All-Stars for North American consumers. The limited edition copy will go on sale March 13th at Toys R Us with sales limited to 1 copy per customer.

First off, it's a re-release. Second, it's not just Toys'R'Us, it's every retailer. I work at GameStop and we've been telling customers this for over a week now.

SargeSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I generally initially balk at "$30 for SNES ROMs on a disc" as well, coming from the view of a purely legitimate user, this is a decent enough deal. Most of us don't want to pay for it because we've been emulating (i.e. pirating) for years now, or already own the original iterations. It would be cheaper to track down an original cart, but only if you still have an SNES. If you don't, and Mario is the only thing you care about, this compilation makes tons of sense.

In related news on "limited-edition" releases, I saw Metroid Prime Trilogy selling in Gamestop preowned for $60. More than I bought it for. Crazy. Reminds me of the Marvel vs. Capcom 2 madness, albeit to a lesser extent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.