Sir VG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ankh: Curse of the Scarab King TBA 2008 EU

Yeah, it doesn't even have a real release date. So just hold on to your little panties and WAIT.

Kids these days, I swear they have zero patience and respect for game makers...

Lacedolphin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all ,it was listed on this site for release on the 24th ( check the released this week list that was on the front page of the site a couple days ago)
Second, I didn't ask for a link or direct link or a link to another site, I asked if anyone had SEEN the rom out yet for it,
Third, I did not state rather I owned this game, had it on reserve or anything else against the rules of this site or piracy rules,
And forth, I am not a child. You may want to think about who you are offending with your crude remarks before you make them.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
The real thing to consider is that while the game is released... it hasn't been dumped yet.

If you are so desperate go buy the game or patiently wait for the "scene release date" which is often times, at least a day after the real release date and in the case of obscure mediocre games like Ankh then yeah... it could be months.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it even out yet? I can't see it for sale anywhere (the title is "curse", not "return"), Gamespot haven't listed a release date and the developer's site's in German: http://www.ankh-game.com/ (I know there's an English section but there is far more text in the german part, including a blog post from the 18th that makes very little sense when run through a translator, looks like a features list but I trust those automatic things as far as I can throw them).

Chances are if it does come out it's going to be another one of those "released in certain areas of Europe although nobody's sure which ones" titles. Those things confuse me so.

And to the OP: Hadrian's posts contain the expected store release dates of the titles, I have no clue where he gets that information from but it does not releate in any way to when you will be able to aquire said titles and is subject to completely unavoidable last-minute changes and inaccuracies. Think of it like a TV guide
smile.gif
I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it, expecting releases to keep up with commercial release dates is generally frowned upon around here, you're freeloading so not really in any position to start making demands or acting all pisssed when things don't appear in a timely manner (I think it was the emoticon that did it, it makes you sound hostile so everyone responded in a similar manner). If you want it really badly the day it comes out go buy the bloody thing
smile.gif

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The real thing to consider is that while the game is released... it hasn't been dumped yet.

If you are so desperate go buy the game or patiently wait for the "scene release date" which is often times, at least a day after the real release date and in the case of obscure mediocre games like Ankh then yeah... it could be months.
It felt like forever waiting for My French Coach =/

You could always buy it and dump it yourself. Give back to the community :D

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My info is mostly collected from publisher sites, local retailers, online sites and that. They are all checked against each other. As for Ankh, a friend of mine saw it last year in Virgin Megastores and asked me what it was, never saw it myself there or anywhere since. I emailed the publisher and they said it was a limited release and to expect a wider release late 2007. Before I posted the thread I asked again, they said it was UK only for now and they expect it to be release. I do state on my threads that some games may not appear get released when they are said to be.

Its nowhere to be found it my area but then they only usually stock shovelware or the big games. I've sent another email to Xider and will tell you what they say.

Also another thing, most of the time a date changing doesn't actually have anything to do with a game "being delayed" most dates are what retailers make up so they can get people to pre-order.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Also another thing, most of the time a date changing doesn't actually have anything to do with a game "being delayed" most dates are what retailers make up so they can get people to pre-order.
Oh I hate when they do that, trying to explain to non-gamers that a must-have game they've found on Amazon probably won't be out on that date is awful. And they did it for years on WarioWare Twisted which never came out, wonder how much they had to do in refunds on that one
unsure.gif
Thanks for the behind-the-scenes info though.
smile.gif

Doubt I'll see it here, our Virgin Megastores / Zavvi is rubbish. They still only stock 10 DS games, one of which is Mario Kart.

Lacedolphin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Thats why I had asked if anyone had seen it. I had checked ebay and every game buiying site I could find or think of before I even had posted. I loved the Ahnk games for PC and can't wait to play this. I don't have a problem buying the game or even having it imported, I just can't seem to locate it,lol. I just didn't appriciate that I asked 1 question and got belted for it. But again, thank you for the information both of you, and if you happen to stumble across it over there, please give me a yell.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info. Thats why I had asked if anyone had seen it. I had checked ebay and every game buiying site I could find or think of before I even had posted. I loved the Ahnk games for PC and can't wait to play this. I don't have a problem buying the game or even having it imported, I just can't seem to locate it,lol. I just didn't appriciate that I asked 1 question and got belted for it. But again, thank you for the information both of you, and if you happen to stumble across it over there, please give me a yell.
Still waiting to hear from Xider, last time it took a week for a reply. A quick search around led me to some sites that just say "pre-order now" and no dates to when or if it'll be in stock. The only site that does date it is play.com but they still say "due for release on 25th". I get the impression that it isn't out.

I hope those other replies don't put you off this forum, though admittedly you could have phrased the question better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_