Emulation GBARunner2 on TTDS returns errcode=-1

Josh4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to run GBARunner2 on my TTDS, however it returns a "load rom errcode=-1" when selected. No other roms on the system seem to have this issue, and i've double checked I have the correct version for my system. Do I need a different kernel?

00006.png

Josh4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, cheers
I'm having some trouble getting my cart to load TWiLight, even after copying ttmenu from the "DSTT, DSTTi, DSTTi Gold, DSTT-Advance, R4Top Revolution, & R4i-SDHC v1.41 + v1.42" folder and setting the boot option to auto. If I can't get it by tomorrow i'll post a video just to double check it's not me making the mistake.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ah, cheers
I'm having some trouble getting my cart to load TWiLight, even after copying ttmenu from the "DSTT, DSTTi, DSTTi Gold, DSTT-Advance, R4Top Revolution, & R4i-SDHC v1.41 + v1.42" folder and setting the boot option to auto. If I can't get it by tomorrow i'll post a video just to double check it's not me making the mistake.
You're supposed to copy just the contents of one folder. Do not have the content of many folders in your SD.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
View attachment 397477
Just the instructions afaik, it goes to a white screen
You're missing more folders. Go to the TWiLight Menu guthub, download "For Flashcards" and extract the files in your SD.
Be sure to select frim the "Autoboot" folder the contents of the folder with your card's brand. Not the folder itself, but it's contents goes to the root of your SD.

Josh4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're missing more folders. Go to the TWiLight Menu guthub, download "For Flashcards" and extract the files in your SD.
Be sure to select frim the "Autoboot" folder the contents of the folder with your card's brand. Not the folder itself, but it's contents goes to the root of your SD.
This is the file I copied to the root of my SD; I don't see anything that would match it in "Flashcart Loader" in either of the folders or the README

1696479132943.png
1696479260922.png

Here's a picture of the cart just in case

Attachments

• upload.jpg
    upload.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 32

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This is the file I copied to the root of my SD; I don't see anything that would match it in "Flashcart Loader" in either of the folders or the README

View attachment 397479View attachment 397480

Here's a picture of the cart just in case
There's supposed to be more folders for many more flashcards.

It's kinda late over here, but will try to help tomorrow morning.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
cheers, ill be around later in the day to check back.
In order to install TWiLight Menu, you indeed have to replace the TTMenu.dat that comes in it.
But also, make sure you have your original Kernel in your SD, except for the TTMenu.dat of course.

If all you want is to try GBARunner, make sure you download the files from GitHub.
And also download YSMenu for TTDS, install it, and run YSMenu before you run GBARunner.

GBARunner2 ARM9 should be better than ARM7. I've found that ARM7 has audio delay that catches with the game every 3 minutes or so. I haven't found this Audio delay with ARM9, which is why I'm suggesting you to use it instead.

Josh4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In order to install TWiLight Menu, you indeed have to replace the TTMenu.dat that comes in it.
But also, make sure you have your original Kernel in your SD, except for the TTMenu.dat of course.

If all you want is to try GBARunner, make sure you download the files from GitHub.
And also download YSMenu for TTDS, install it, and run YSMenu before you run GBARunner.

GBARunner2 ARM9 should be better than ARM7. I've found that ARM7 has audio delay that catches with the game every 3 minutes or so. I haven't found this Audio delay with ARM9, which is why I'm suggesting you to use it instead.
Hey, I got it up & running, as well as gbarunner2 with YSMenu. Thanks for the help, i'm back to gaming as usual.
Video below just in case anyone else is struggling with what I went through.

Attachments

• 2023-10-05 14-56-04_Trim.mp4
    8.1 MB
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey, I got it up & running, as well as gbarunner2 with YSMenu. Thanks for the help, i'm back to gaming as usual.
Video below just in case anyone else is struggling with what I went through.
Cool! Enjoy. It's worth it.

Remember to always start GBArunner2 through YSmenu.
Also, be sure to have bios.bin in the _gba folder, some games requires GBA bios to start.

Sidenote: Pokemon Emerald, Medal of Honor Infiltrator, Mario Pinball Land, Megaman & Bass, Tetris Advance, Ghouls'n'Ghost, Metroid Zero Mission and Sword of Mana are currently incompatible... or at least those won't boot for me.

Josh4u

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've managed to get Metroid Zero Mission working on YSmenu, but I couldn't get it working with TWiLight Menu++

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...