Visit site
XP
Country
Full Metal Alchemist

Bleach (as above lost its appeal in later seasons
frown.gif
)

Witchblade

not strictly anime but worth a watch anyway ...

Animatrix

Aeon Flux (Animated collection)

Hellboy (Animated series)

smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Negima might be worth a look, and I enjoyed Ouran High School Host Club as well (though I realize it's more aimed towards females).

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thank you guys so much for all the suggestions :3 I'm slowly trying them all out. However... I guess I forgot to mention, I'm not really into anime that have like 300+ episodes and several seasons. After a while, everything starts feeling old and stale. I'd rather watch something short, but really really good.

Bleach - Meh. It just feels meh. It's like Dragon Ball 2.0. I feel it's a bit overwhored at the moment, and honestly, I'd rather read the manga, which doesn't have 213-4781234807 fillers.

FMA - Was great. I finished watching the series a long time ago though.

Naruto - Please...just no. I've been exposed to the dubbed US version, and honestly, I wanted to drive a fork through my eye. It was painful to hear them. It literally puts me in a bad mood to hear Naruto's horrible VA. Plus, Naruto has like 5 billion episodes, 4.8 billion of which are fillers. Shippuuden however, I can tolerate. I've read the manga up to date, but quit on the anime after the fillers started.

Right now, I just finished Code Geass and Code Geass: R2, and wow... it was truly amazing. I think it's my favorite anime of all time, if not my second favorite, only second to Death Note.I also saw EP1 of Soul Eater... it was... not bad. However, I like more dramatic/action-packed anime, not the cutesy funny ones. (Except Lucky Star and Suzumiya, but those were epic). It wasn't bad though, so I might give a couple more episodes a whirl.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Out of 60 anime series I've seen, here's a few I'll recommend.

Incredible cast of characters and a good story?
Baccano! - Extremely well ploted anime, with a massive cast of very unique characters. Only 16 eps long in total, and make sure to skip the first ep, seeing how it's just confusing, and makes no sense until you actually finish the series. Such a well written plot, with no weakness in the story itself (By that, I mean like plotholes, or things that doesn't make sense)

Looking for something with a story, along with some philiosophy?

Kino No tabi - It's an excellent show. It's hard to describe for me, so just watch it. Some made a lot of comparasons to Mushi-shi, so you know it's good. I really like the light novels over the anime itself, but seeing how North America only has 1 novel out (I have the first 10 in Korean), along with the fact that they've cut out all the extras, I wouldn't get it.

Looking for something with some kickass action?

Black Lagoon is pretty awesome. Solid animation, lots and lots of quality fights, good characters, and some kickass action scenes. And the dub is actually as good as the original voices. And I don't say that very often.

Looking for Epic mech fights?

Tengen toppa Gurren lagann - Most epic anime of 2007. Who doesn't love chicks with guns, and giant fighting robots that uses fists, drills, and swords. Code Geass? Please. That show is nothing compared to this. Also, it's made by GAINAX, who made FLCL,

Like good romance comedies?

Seto no hanayome - For the first 8 eps, it's very slow, and not that great, but afterwards, it gets so funny, it's nothing most people have never seen. It's been my all time favorite romance comedy.

School Rumble - It's good to see characters like Harima, who is a total badass as a male lead. Everywhere else, the main male lead is a pussy that can't do anything. In here, the male lead is awesome, and the story is just fun to watch. If misunderstandings aren't your thing, you may not like it. But still, it's a hilarious show.

Just Comedy?

Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei - Very funny, with an interesting character. Good animation, and along with a few other things, make it a great show.

Azumanga Daioh - Cute characters, but really funny. I liked it much more than Lucky star.

Chromartie High - Funny as hell, and only 10 minutes per eps. The dub is much better for this. I'm not kidding. So far, this is one of the dubs that are better than the original. And in MY list, theres only 3 shows like that.

Others

Higurashi no Naku koro Ni - Cute lolis, violence, extreme gore, scenes where you can't help but laugh, and lots of things that just confuse the hell out of you. That's Higurashi no Naku koro ni. This is the first season, and there's a second season that solves almost all of the questions that you were left with in the first season, called Higurashi no naku koro ni Kai. Also note that this show has some seriously poor animation. Still, the characters, story, and stuff like that redeem it's mistakes.

Shigofumi ~ Letters from the departed ~ - Something like hell girl, but less repetitive. It's probably one of the better things to watch in 08.

Rozen maiden - Great show, and worth watching.

There has been 2 things worth watching in 2008 so far, which are Shigofumi, and Code Geass R2. I really find that sad. Not saying that those two are terrible, but still. Only 2 decent shows out of so many is just humiliating.

Also, here's a few overrated shows, imo -

Elfen Lied - Good, but overrated. Blood and nipples is all I can say.

Naruto - Shitty Shounen crap. Along with a cast of annoying characters, poor animation, extremely average story, makes it a failure. It's one of the most overrated shows around. The manga is better, but still not worth reading, imo.

Bleach - It had some potiencial at the start, or so I thought. Then they've gone on namek for a seriously long time, and wasn't worth watching anymore. Also, the animation was meh.

D. Gray-man - I watched up to about 50 eps, and around 150 chapters in Manga. Anime was just getting slow, and lots of fillers. The manga at of course, better, but I feel that it's been dragging on for too long. Story is average, and the charcters are average. Still, the first few eps reminded me or FMA, but the farther I went, more interest I lost.

Lucky star - Opinions for this show vary incredibly. I for one, didn't like it at all.

Evangelion - Ah. Everyone knows Eva. Well, it certainly has an excellent reason to be called a masterpiece, due to it's massive amounts of philosophy, themes, Religious symbols, etc. There is no other anime with such a list. Still, I can't really imagine it as a masterpiece. There's a few things that doesn't make it a masterpiece.... Also, Shinji is a gay emo kid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1