Homebrew Animated Forwarder & Hybrid Channels By pepxl

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i can ensure you that they work, as i stated in my previous post all worked fine when tested and used on a black 4.2E wii modded today which was only bought 10 days ago....

are you using the updated forwarders or older ones(V2-V4). and there is a compatible MPlayer CE 0.76 forwarder availble that doesnt use the official googlecode boot.dol aswel as one that does.

i will only look into them if more that one person can state the issues your having

one last thing do you have IOS35 installed? as the forwarder need it to boot the apps

Skidmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah i have the Cios... and the forwarders do work, but i wasn't able to load my HDD with the lastest version of few applications, but loading stuff from SD was working, it might be something related with my Wii, or just an HDD incompatibility

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
still i will do my best to pinpoint the errors if they are due to the forwarders,but some apps wont allow you do boot off HDD only SD, thats how some are coded but tantric emus should be fine aprart from the odd bugs ppl are getting about the app not seeing their HDD or saying it cant be found then can

da_xman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skidmore said:
Yeah i have the Cios... and the forwarders do work, but i wasn't able to load my HDD with the lastest version of few applications, but loading stuff from SD was working, it might be something related with my Wii, or just an HDD incompatibility

@pepxl - I have the same issue as Skidmore. VBA, FCUE, and SNES9x forwarders load via SDHC but I get the "USB Drive not Found" in each emu. Works fine in HBC. I had the same problem with TroyTheZombie's forwarders. If I use HBC, I can load my roms off my FAT HDD. Using a Western Digital Passport 500GB.

Skidmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
da_xman said:
Skidmore said:

@pepxl - I have the same issue as Skidmore. VBA, FCUE, and SNES9x forwarders load via SDHC but I get the "USB Drive not Found" in each emu. Works fine in HBC. I had the same problem with TroyTheZombie's forwarders. If I use HBC, I can load my roms off my FAT HDD. Using a Western Digital Passport 500GB.
Hey da_xman try out changing the boot.dol in the apps directory of those emulators to Snes9xGX 4.1.0, FCUE 3.0.8 and see if it works.

da_xman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skidmore said:
da_xman said:
Hey da_xman try out changing the boot.dol in the apps directory of those emulators to Snes9xGX 4.1.0, FCUE 3.0.8 and see if it works.

Skidmore, Changed the boot.dol to those versions of the emu and they work find with the forwarders. Wonder what changed between these versions and the later versions. Either the forwarder hasn't been loading the lib for USB support or the emu's left it up to the forwarders to load it. Weird since these animated forwarders are based off of the USB Loader GX wad??

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
da_xman said:
Skidmore said:
da_xman said:

Skidmore, Changed the boot.dol to those versions of the emu and they work find with the forwarders. Wonder what changed between these versions and the later versions. Either the forwarder hasn't been loading the lib for USB support or the emu's left it up to the forwarders to load it. Weird since these animated forwarders are based off of the USB Loader GX wad??

the boot.dol has nothing to do with GX, the only thing the forwarders/hybrids are based on are the layout of the channel and animation....... everything else it done by me, graphics, sounds(not all mine) and boot.dol

ive finally found my devkit R17 so im gonna install that and see if that makes any different to USB loaing

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dantemugiwara said:
Can you make a forwarder channel for sdl mame 0.4?
ill add it to the list but is it better than SDL MAME Wii?

EDIT

Added

wii2600
WiiRadio
WiiEarth

to the TO Do list

vv
vv
vv

Leon8

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thank you! All of your animated forwarders channels are really cool and useful!

Can you make a channel for "WiiRadio" and "WiiEarth"? That would be awesome!

Pd. Sorry for my bad english!

da_xman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
da_xman said:
Skidmore said:
da_xman said:

the boot.dol has nothing to do with GX, the only thing the forwarders/hybrids are based on are the layout of the channel and animation....... everything else it done by me, graphics, sounds(not all mine) and boot.dol

ive finally found my devkit R17 so im gonna install that and see if that makes any different to USB loaing

Sounds good pepxl! I noticed others have been experiencing the same problem, not necessarily with your forwarders but other forwarders (TroytheZombie's to be exact). "USB drive not found" in the emu's.

dantemugiwara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pepxl said:
dantemugiwara said:
Can you make a forwarder channel for sdl mame 0.4?
ill add it to the list but is it better than SDL MAME Wii?

EDIT

Added

wii2600
WiiRadio
WiiEarth

to the TO Do list

vv
vv
vv

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/SDL_MAME_Wii
Its name is sdl mame wii but is not sdl mame nuvalo
SDHC, suports lightgun, most compalibility, no bugs, a great emulator but it is hard put in a channel

Skidmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you develop the new ones let me know pepxl, so i can try them out..... and i have a request, can you do the splash screen of genplus and smsplus like the ones of Snes9x and e FCE9x, with that Image rather than the FAT loading and boot search stuff.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Skidmore said:
When you develop the new ones let me know pepxl, so i can try them out..... and i have a request, can you do the splash screen of genplus and smsplus like the ones of Snes9x and e FCE9x, with that Image rather than the FAT loading and boot search stuff.

no worries ill let you no

ecke ecke emus and certain apps wont run with a boot.dol with splash screens its something to do with the entry point i think, so only djdynamite dols work which has the verbose output unfortunetly

uberbdon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem, hoping someone can help. CFG USB loader and hermes Uloader are the only two that I've gotten to work without going to a blank screen, thats fine with me. I was very happy to find CFG but now am trying to figure out the forwarder.

I have my SD card like this: SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg and SD:\usb-loader I can install the wad, the channel shows up, but it goes to a black screen and never brings up the loader. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I read earlier in this thread you needed IOS35 installed. I suppose while being in wad manager, if you can select to use ios35 for installation, that means you have it, right? I used ios249. not sure if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance guys.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
uberbdon said:
I have a problem, hoping someone can help. CFG USB loader and hermes Uloader are the only two that I've gotten to work without going to a blank screen, thats fine with me. I was very happy to find CFG but now am trying to figure out the forwarder.

I have my SD card like this: SD:\apps\usbloader_cfg and SD:\usb-loader I can install the wad, the channel shows up, but it goes to a black screen and never brings up the loader. Any ideas?

Oh yeah, I read earlier in this thread you needed IOS35 installed. I suppose while being in wad manager, if you can select to use ios35 for installation, that means you have it, right? I used ios249. not sure if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance guys.

some apps that allow you to select an IOS but does not mean you have it installed, use dop-ios mod and see if it is installed if not use it to install it but all forwarders work apart from the marked ones that do not

also all versions of uloader and CFG to date have worked no problem with the forwarder, i currently use uLoader 3.5 OGG and CFG 50c

what method or guide did you use to hack your wii as some on the net are complete rubbish claiming to be the best or most up to date

QUOTE(uberbdon @ Dec 31 2009, 12:34 AM) yeah, I'm having the same problem myself, and nobody can provide an answer, or even tries to. I've asked on several different boards, too, so don't expect an answer :\ unfortunately

and please you just joined here and posting things like this isnt going to help as ppl read this sort of thing and ignore you for being cheeky

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
added DOP-IOS Mod Forwarder

let me know if it hangs at start of close as i may have upped the failed version as i done have my wii to test it

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol