Gaming Animal_Crossing_City_Folk_USA_Wii-Goomba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, can you burn it completely unpatched (without the IOS modification and brick block stuff) and load it on the BLC Gamma?

Xizer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reser said:
x_Jiro_x said:
I've patched it with IOS to 30 and when i put the dvd it shows the error immediately, even without opening Disc Channel. I have PAL Wii with WiiKey.

The people who are having problems with IOS patching, if you are using this release, you have removed the forced patch with brickblocker or whatever before IOS right?

Because IOS works perfectly fine, i done it on the scrubbed release with the patch removed and runs through disc channel.

I am using the following
-U.S. Wii
-d2lite modchip
-3.3U firmware (NOT the latest 3.3... the 3.3 update BEFORE the latest version of 3.3...)
-scrubbed/brickblocker release with the IOSPatcher used to set it to IOS30

When I insert the game WITHOUT going through Gecko OS first I get a black screen telling me an error has occurred. This also occurs when I turn it on if I leave the disc sitting in my Wii after turning it off.

Patching the game's IOS to 30 does NOT work.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Sonic4Ever said:
So, can you burn it completely unpatched (without the IOS modification and brick block stuff) and load it on the BLC Gamma?

Only need IOS patching if using a modchip, if using a backup channel softmod of somesort you do not need to IOS patch it.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Xizer said:
Reser said:
x_Jiro_x said:
I've patched it with IOS to 30 and when i put the dvd it shows the error immediately, even without opening Disc Channel. I have PAL Wii with WiiKey.

The people who are having problems with IOS patching, if you are using this release, you have removed the forced patch with brickblocker or whatever before IOS right?

Because IOS works perfectly fine, i done it on the scrubbed release with the patch removed and runs through disc channel.

I am using the following
-U.S. Wii
-d2lite modchip
-3.3U firmware (NOT the latest 3.3... the 3.3 update BEFORE the latest version of 3.3...)
-scrubbed/brickblocker release with the IOSPatcher used to set it to IOS30

When I insert the game WITHOUT going through Gecko OS first I get a black screen telling me an error has occurred. This also occurs when I turn it on if I leave the disc sitting in my Wii after turning it off.

Patching the game's IOS to 30 does NOT work.

If you get an 'error' on the black screen after disc screen then it is a 'bad burn' since a good burn is just a plain black screen.

Zerxer

Trophies
Website
www.sitexero.net
XP
Country
United States
Everyone is talking about patching the IOS in it and using brickblocker. What if we're playing this on an NTSC console. Can I just play the scrubbed one normally (I have D2Pro modchip) and let it install the update...?

UScr00ge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a modchip, are running an NTSC Wii, and don't care about homebrew or installing WADs, can't you just install the included update and play?

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Zerxer said:
Everyone is talking about patching the IOS in it and using brickblocker. What if we're playing this on an NTSC console. Can I just play the scrubbed one normally (I have D2Pro modchip) and let it install the update...?

No it has a forced update, an update which deactivates some homebrew and the scrubbed one has the update removed so you would have to patch it or use Gecko OS. Or if you do not mind the update get the full one and install the update.

mtsuboi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
If you have the 3.3 firmware, you can't play the patched iso, because the error message will appear. The solution would be to install the update. The problem is that the versions on the net (at least the ones I found) are brickblocked (without the update).

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zerxer said:
The scrubbed one is brickblocked. So no update... the guy who dumped it really should've left it in. lol

x_Jiro_x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have the scrubbed one and It's already patched with brickblocker. I patch it with the IOS, but then I try to run it, It's still giving me an error even without opening Disc Channel. At first I thought, that it was bad burn, but I tried with different DVDs and burning speed. Still nothing :/

Edit: Ok, I know. I have the newest firmware on my Wii :/

S

spectral

Well I've just give it a go. I have a pal wii with firmware 3.3E(original 3.3 not latest) and Argon FW1.8. I patched the ISO with IOS30 just in case. If I put the disc in the wii and leave it I get the error message others have mentioned. However the game does work loading through Gecko OS.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
From what people are saying if you have 3.3 you need the update otherwise you 'have' to use Gecko OS. Why anyone on here has updated to 3.3 is beyond me though, since homebrew is what this place is all about i thought?

S

spectral

Because you cant use the wii shop without updating and homebrew works fine with the original version of 3.3 it was the update to it a couple of weeks ago that screwed things up.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
spectral said:
Because you cant use the wii shop without updating and homebrew works fine with the original version of 3.3 it was the update to it a couple of weeks ago that screwed things up.

You can download the new version of the wii shop without it, and tell me why are you trying to use this 'backup' game yet still need the shop channel? lol

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reser said:
From what people are saying if you have 3.3 you need the update otherwise you 'have' to use Gecko OS. Why anyone on here has updated to 3.3 is beyond me though, since homebrew is what this place is all about i thought?
One option is updating.

The second option is extracting IOS38 from the Update Partition and then installing IOS38 with WAD manager. Then... AC: CF should work on 3.1 and 3.2 w/o updating.

There's also the option of patching the game to use IOS30.

S

spectral

Reser said:
spectral said:

You can download the new version of the wii shop without it, and tell me why are you trying to use this 'backup' game yet still need the shop channel? lol

Because I dont pirate everything, if something is worth my money I buy it. And when 3.3 originally came out there was no alternative like with the new patches. It wasn't needed since 3.3 did nothing but screw up the old version of the twilight hack. If I like it and when it is released in Europe I will buy AC:CL, In the mean time I'll try it out with this release.

Reser

Trophies
XP
Country
Diffusion said:
Reser said:
One option is updating.

The second option is extracting IOS38 from the Update Partition and then installing IOS38 with WAD manager. Then... AC: CF should work on 3.1 and 3.2 w/o updating.

perhaps someone who has extracted it can upload the IOS38 for the people having troubles?

jakeruston

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 3.2, PAL Wii, I downloaded the scrubbed version and then I used WiiScrubber to get the main.dol and then GenericWiiPatcher to remove a #001 incase it had one, I replaced it, and then I ran WiiBrickBlocker again just incase, and then I used RegionFrii to patch it to a PAL ISO. Then, I used the IOS Patcher to make it IOS 30, and then I burnt it at 4x. Works perfectly, even through the disk channel.

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reser said:
Diffusion said:
Reser said:
One option is updating.

perhaps someone who has extracted it can upload the IOS38 for the people having troubles?
Yeah, but they wouldn't be able to post the link here since it's illegal.
wink.gif

And most people have the scrubbed brickblock version, so they can't extract IOS38.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :sad:,:rofl2:, and:hrth::toot::hrth: at the same time. @SylverReZ
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ i did know that actually
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    LTT also did it
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    jdhello
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: the Sonys and stuff I don't care about