ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

MissB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed that when wearing shoes from the Sanrio or Splatoon series, when walking around, you sound barefoot. Has anyone else experienced this?

AKA-Link77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know if anyone does this but I have a 'LifeHack' that speeds up the process of ACNL RAM EDITING with the help of JKSM!
(I find this pretty safe, but try at your own risk anyway)

This was tried on a N3DS with Luma CFW:

--so, boot up your cfw of your choice

--start acnl / plan what you want to edit
--save and quit

--Start JKSM
--Export acnl data
--close JKSM and any other apps

--then boot the internet browser and wait a couple seconds (I suggest opening a new tab to the default page, it's quicker)
--After you wait, you can safely remove the sd card without crashing the system or tediously powering off the entirely.

!! -- (MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LOAD ANY PAGES WHILE THE SD CARD IS OUT. It will crash & you'll have to reboot.)

-- Once the SD card is out, plug it into your CPU
-- JKSV usually saves in “ JKSV/Saves/Animal_Crossing__New_Leaf/ [Custom named folder] /garden_plus.dat ”
-- After editing, Place your new file inside your custom named folder.

!! -- Make sure there are no other .dat files in the area where the custom named folders are. Folders only, no files. (Just make a new folder for back ups)
I attached a pic so you can see.
acfiles.jpg

--insert your sdCard back into the 3DS (dont close the browser yet)
--just wait a couple of seconds so the SD card can load in.
-- and after you wait, you can return to the home menu safely!

--Now Just Start JKSM and import your data! AND PROFIT!!

Tip: This is just a minor thing I like to do before importing, but it ensures that the SD card is loaded fully.
Pro-Load the SD card by booting & closing JKSM or any app twice.

Last edited by AKA-Link77,

lordlundar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just installed oot3ds hax on my old 3DS Xl and - for the first time - used the Homebrew method for hacking AC.
Is it normal that the garden.dat is a completely different town? I then used the garden_plus.dat and everything seemed fine but
when I tried importing it and started acnl, nothing had changed. What could have gone wrong?
Maybe it's the save manager? Do you guys have a link to which you use? My firmware is 11.2-something. Thanks!

*EDIT* When I tried to import the file, it just goes back to the Homebrew menu. Im very frustrated right now. And I also deleted every file in the savedata_backup folder on my SD card and dumped Acnl again. Then I edited my town (again) and replaced the garden_plus.dat file. But: Same problem! It just doesn't work :(

garden.dat is the original acnl garden file before the welcome amiibo update and is only used if you have not updated. garden_plus.dat is the one made for after the update and is the one used now.

As for the other issue you're having, I'd say the most likely issue is you're not saving the modified garden_plus.dat file in the right spot or saving it with a different name (windows will put a "(1)" at the end of the file name automatically) and you're reapplying the one you extracted. Double check your save location and file name when you save the modified one. you should get an overwrite request if it's in the right spot and have the right name.

phamafy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
garden.dat is the original acnl garden file before the welcome amiibo update and is only used if you have not updated. garden_plus.dat is the one made for after the update and is the one used now.

As for the other issue you're having, I'd say the most likely issue is you're not saving the modified garden_plus.dat file in the right spot or saving it with a different name (windows will put a "(1)" at the end of the file name automatically) and you're reapplying the one you extracted. Double check your save location and file name when you save the modified one. you should get an overwrite request if it's in the right spot and have the right name.

Thanks for your advice. I tried the JKSM dumping & injecting method and this seems to work better than the save game manager I used earlier.

Jouzai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a list of RV trailers and furniture sets and clothing according to the villager or set it comes from?

Disy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm using the old garden.dat because I haven't updated yet but I tried to change my town native fruit and it wont let me. Also if I update can I still use the editor to just do simple things like moving villagers houses around?

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Hi I'm using the old garden.dat because I haven't updated yet but I tried to change my town native fruit and it wont let me. Also if I update can I still use the editor to just do simple things like moving villagers houses around?
What do you mean by "it won't let you"? I've tried and it worked perfectly.

If you update you can use the editor to do anything.

Disy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by "it won't let you"? I've tried and it worked perfectly.

If you update you can use the editor to do anything.
I mean it lets me but when I load up the save file again it doesn't appear.

Oh ok so I can update cool

Disy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you checked Isabelle's dialogue? That's the best way to confirm the native fruit has changed.
Ok I think I figured it out maybe because I had one perfect pear from my original native fruit growing but yeah I just checked with reese and apples are my new native fruit. Thanks for the help c:

rainydayparade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using NLSE before and after the update and haven't come across any problems until today. It's pretty trivial but the new item "polka-dot wall" from Lottie's RV can be placed in my character's inventory but not directly onto the wall in a player or villager's home. I'd really like to place it in one of my villager's houses and so far it's the only item I've had trouble with.

Edit: I didn't realize there was an actual program called NLSE, I apologize. I just abbreviated the thread/site title.

Last edited by rainydayparade,
Reactions: marc_max

Antisocial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using NLSE before and after the update and haven't come across any problems until today. It's pretty trivial but the new item "polka-dot wall" from Lottie's RV can be placed in my character's inventory but not directly onto the wall in a player or villager's home. I'd really like to place it in one of my villager's houses and so far it's the only item I've had trouble with.

I actually posted about this the other day in the NTR thread. When I use the "text to item" cheat to get that wallpaper in my inventory it just shows as "???". And when I take it into my house to use as wallpaper there is no polka-dots. So there is an issue with that particular item.

rainydayparade

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually posted about this the other day in the NTR thread. When I use the "text to item" cheat to get that wallpaper in my inventory it just shows as "???". And when I take it into my house to use as wallpaper there is no polka-dots. So there is an issue with that particular item.

I was able to place it in my inventory and then hang it in my player's house with no issues. It worked fine and displays correctly. The only thing I can't seem to do is place it directly onto walls in the save editor itself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That boy yo