ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the RAM editor for some things, LeafTools for others, and the acre editor. 8)

it really just depends on what you want to do but I found moving villager's houses to be way easier with LeafTools than with the RAM editor

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i downloaded HxD and i think i understand except for one thing, how do you know which villager is which??

http://pastebin.com/gPS9uRFV

If you're looking for Kyle, he is 014c in the list. You just have to reverse the bits, so you'll be looking for 4C 01.

The first villager in your town stats at 0x27C90, the second one at 0x2A188, which is 0x24F8 bits after and the rest just follows like that, every 0x24F8 bits. :)

CedarLeader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use the RAM editor for some things, LeafTools for others, and the acre editor. 8)

it really just depends on what you want to do but I found moving villager's houses to be way easier with LeafTools than with the RAM editor

But how? When you use the acre editor how do you get the effects? Every time I try using it the map and the terrain appearance successfully change, but the the physical terrain that I walk on is the same and when I save & quit and reload it will automatically brick and I have to restore.

LeafTools and the RAM editor aren't the problem, it's this dang acre editor.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go to bit.ly/acnl_inject on your DS

walk inside
walk outside

changes to your touch screen map will be applied, but not finalised

after saving and quitting and re entering the game, your changes will be saved and applied.

CedarLeader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

walk inside
walk outside

after saving and quitting and re entering the game, your changes will be saved and applied.

But that's the thing, when I save & quit to finalize the map it will just crash when I try to load up.

My steps:
1. Create back up
2. Edit acres
3. Open in RAM editor to edit building locations
4. Save file and inject on game
5. Attempt to save & finalize
6. Crashes on load

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

walk inside
walk outside

Wow, I feel dumb. This worked.

regigiygas

??? bees maybe
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's the thing, when I save & quit to finalize the map it will just crash when I try to load up.

My steps:
1. Create back up
2. Edit acres
3. Open in RAM editor to edit building locations
4. Save file and inject on game
5. Attempt to save & finalize
6. Crashes on load

i find that doing it one at a time works better.
either move the buildings & save first, or edit the acres & save first.

that's what i ended up doing when i moved my buildings.
i edited the acres first, and moved the buildings with the seeder

matrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You got your new map to stick? What about your misplaced buildings?

The map editor only changes the terrain. if you use that you have to go into the RAM editor in the buildings section to change the coordinates for your new layout. villager houses are a bit tougher since they arent marked on the terrain. what i suggest is make a new dump file, make sure it's set on the same date as your game, that way it doesn't automatically save with isabelle new day etc, next you can use either the building seeder to move the villagers house (i haven't used that method yet) or what i did when i was moving my town plaza/hall and rec shop, in my game i made a pattern around the building so that when i put it into the ram editor it would be easy to find on the map, then i made the same pattern in the area where i wanted to move the building then changed their coordinates in the buildings tab. the first box in the top left corner is 16x (x is left right) 16y( y is up down) it's tedious to count the boxes so i used money bags on the map to help me count spaces then deleted them when saving. after you finish with that inject it into your game, go in and out of your house, you have to save and shut down your ds and start your game over for it to have worked. hope this helps

MasterLel

Cooonfusion of da highest orda
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
France
I purposely left out the ability to create Islands because it was buggy

Buggy like flying fishes, crashes, or both ? It's possible to release the "full" version for those who don't care about the fishes or other small problems ?

Also, is there a way to move the big waterfall, and place pwps at home ? I've watched a video where someone put exterior decorations (mailbox etc) in his house

EDIT: I also tried to edit my profile card picture and failed, so there are no picture on it but the default one, but people on the club tortimer wifi isles told me that they see their picture on my townpass card... Why does it happen ?

PikaStitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey anyone :P noob here, but when I change my villagers in the editors, and do the inject, my whole console crashes and restarts can someome help me fix this?

PikaStitch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind guys, :) have the problem fixed, problem was I was using a ram acnlram(1).bin so I just had to remove the 1 and parenthesis next to it and everythings working now!! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...