1. RyDog

RyDog Lazy Animal Crossing hacker

United States
    Wow, I'm surprised no one found that ID sooner...
    Can confirm that you can plant festive trees during any season.
    upload_2016-12-17_22-32-54.png
    It will turn into a regular tree the next day.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. decorwreck

decorwreck Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yay! Thanks for the update. :) I'm curious, will the download version for garden_plus be made available? Thank you so much for this, its helped me out a lot.

3. Buunni

Buunni Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello! I was wondering why the lost items such as the book, brown paper bag, mittens etc. will not work? They show up as Japanese text and then vanish.

4. krgraham

krgraham Newbie
    Newcomer

hi! I am having a lot of problems with the new update. not sure if its just me, but things like if i place bushes in the map editor, but then want to dig them up, it digs the hole under the bush but wont remove the bush? I also can't choose save a PWP as (none) anymore ! it lets me select it but wont let me accept it? i also moved the location of my campervan entrance and it looked fine on the map etc and i went up into the campsite fine but then when i tried to go back down it dropped me into the ocean and my game crashed! no big deal to me as this is just a spare game im playing around on but thought i should let you know :) also i LOVE the new hand feature where i can select on the map where i put stuff!! but sometimes i puts the item like heaps further down the map than the square i click on :) it MIGHT just be my save file has something wrong with it though? because like some of this isn't happening on my other game. :)

5. Zwara

Zwara Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Hi there!
    I'd like to thank marc for the awesome job! I've been using it for ages!
    I also would like the report a bug: I used the editor to clean my main room, that is, filled it with the "-" item, both squares.
    It worked but when I went to put new furniture into it, it acts like there's still some furniture in the corner where I had a stack of books and amethyst on top of a sloppy table. My mayor can walk like there's nothing there but the moment I try to push furniture there, it won't work.
    I'm using an old 3DSXL with 11.2.0-35U firmware and HomeBrew's save manager to import and export my saves. Thanks!

6. Awallen

Awallen Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey, sorry for the stupid question but is there any possible way to use a hex editor for the garden_plus.dat files because I wanted to change my TPC profile picture. Thank you. :)

7. suwa

suwa Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hi,
    I'm trying to use the max bank cheat in the save editor, but when I click on 'accept' it doesn't go through and won't work.
    Everything else works fine but this is the only problem.

marc_max likes this.
  8. marc_max

OP marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

All known offsets are in the sourcecode (look for OffsetsPlus object, and they will be there):
    http://www.marcrobledo.com/apps/acnl-editor/data/acnl_editor.js

Are you sure you removed every tile? Anyway, next version will have a slightly different color for empty room tiles.

Can anyone confirm any of these?

Indeed, those ids have been in the code for ages, but they were commented because I needed them to be confirmed. I'll enable them, thank you. The rest of the snow people is still missing though.

Yes, it will be up in a few minutes :-)

Thank you! It will be fixed in a few minutes. :-)

9. Onzy

Onzy GBAtemp Regular

France
    For mymelody shoes, shoes are there when she inject (And they are in her pockets) but it's impossible to wear them.
    But when she put them in her reserve, she can.
    I have not tested yet but in a few days I will be able if nobody else is trying.:)
    (To precise that the shoes appear but it is their usage (Wear, remove, ...) is impossible in certain places (Pockets))

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  10. MuscleMuscleHust

MuscleMuscleHust Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there anyway to delete items in my catalog? I have a glitched wallpaper that shows up as ???.

11. decorwreck

decorwreck Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thank a bunch! I do have a bug to report, When importing a map, the changes will be visible on the laptop screen, but won't be there after being injected. I've only seen this happen with items, I don't know about buildings.

marc_max likes this.
  12. RyDog

United States
    anyone try searching for museum/catalog?
    I bet the museum is 16 bit XXYY where XX is the player who donated (00 being mayor, 03 being played 4) and YY is a yes or no flag where 01 is donated and 00 is not donated.
    And then catalog must be an array of 0's or 1's. It's tedious to search but I'll give it a go if no one found ;)

Crezut likes this.
  13. igromanru

igromanru Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    @marc_max Thank you for your great work. It's a really nice idea to make the save editor as web application.
    It's a bit sad that the project is not open source for collaboration, but you still makes a great job on your own.

I got a new info:
    0x7ff9 is Snowboy. (EU Version)

14. RyDog

United States
    it kinda is open source, he gives out the URL to the source so that anyone can view, and websites are open source. You can either 'inspect element' to view the HTML (and other resources if you use chrome) or Download the HTML and open it in a text editor. The website also uses Java so you can find it on his site too ;)

15. igromanru

igromanru Member
    Newcomer

Gambia, The
    I'm a front- and backend developer. The source code what you can see with browser or dev tools like FireBug or Inspector is not always the same as of the project. It's dependent on which language and framework you are using. Also HTML, css, javascript is only the frontend.
    And even if he give us the source code, without a VCS the collaboration is impossible.

16. RyDog

United States
    You can make a mirror to his site and upload your changes, and you can tell him what changes you make.
    I know there are some tools that downloads the exact contents of the site, so I'm sure you can find them.
    @marc_max could also just mirror his site to GitHub pages, so that in the event that his site goes down, you could visit his Github page, and the source will be relatively available so that anyone can collaborate, fix bugs and add new features.

17. pattyjo33

pattyjo33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi !
    Thank you for this save editor !
    I would want to know if you can do something so that Holden agrees to come in a city with Harvey's campground or by making him move. For the moment he doesn't want. It is for a friend which can't make that herself and I can't help her.
    Thank you

18. marc_max

OP marc_max GBAtemp Maniac

Fixed, thank you! :-)

It's probably not that simple.

Yeah, at first I didn't think it would need a repository, but it has been growing a lot since that. I guess it's a bit late now, the editor has probably reached an end and it's just about small bugfixing right now.
    But I've been always open to any contribution. If you think you could contribute with a major new feature and really want to collaborate, we can discuss about it :-)
    I do not use any JS framework, I'm a brave vanilla JS dev lol.

That's impossible. Holden and another villager (which I can't remember right now) cannot move 'legally' to your town. You must inject him with the editor directly as a resident.

19. Saekea

Saekea Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Is there any way to bury items in the editor or no? I remember there used to be something called burial service?

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  20. Buunni

Buunni Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any idea? They also do not work at all now. Whenever i select them, it doesn't allow me to place them anywhere in my inventory or directly on the ground.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Crossing, Animal, Editor