ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi !
I really need some help. I've stopped to play Animal Crossing New Leaf because of a friend that used a powersave cheat for max money in bank (I'm not using that as an excuse, i told him it was okay i made a backup of my save before, but i'm so stupid that i've deleted it, not bad right ?)

So now my AC:NL has a bank with max money and i really hate that, and because of that i don't play the game anymore.
I've rxtools, so i can use everything to dump my save with SaveDataFiler.

I know how to use HxD for simple editing but if somebody has the good offset etc for editing that. I know that I had 1,350,000 in bank (yep i remember that) before the cheat.
Thanks. Really.

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Paint.NET neve
Hi !
I really need some help. I've stopped to play Animal Crossing New Leaf because of a friend that used a powersave cheat for max money in bank (I'm not using that as an excuse, i told him it was okay i made a backup of my save before, but i'm so stupid that i've deleted it, not bad right ?)

So now my AC:NL has a bank with max money and i really hate that, and because of that i don't play the game anymore.
I've rxtools, so i can use everything to dump my save with SaveDataFiler.

I know how to use HxD for simple editing but if somebody has the good offset etc for editing that. I know that I had 1,350,000 in bank (yep i remember that) before the cheat.
Thanks. Really.
I'm not sure how to find your ABD balance from within a hex editing program, but I can tell you that your previous bell balance before the cheat is no longer relevant. You need to use the value for the amount of bells you currently have and look for that within HxD. Since this is a problem that affects me as well (I don't want 900mil bells anymore), I'm going to try and see what I can find for this. With my nearly nonexistent experience I can't really promise much, but I'll try.

Edit: Nothing is possible without knowing the offset for the bell balance, and I can't find that offset anywhere.

Edit 2: I found this.

0x6B8C + 0x80 - 0xA0.

0x8 is the secure value
0xA0 is the player count (multiply it to get player 2, 3, and 4)
0x6B8C is the ATM offset.

Together you get the resulting offset for the player you're editing for.

I'm still not sure how to use these offsets though. It's different than the way I hex edited games in the past. I'm reading up on how it works now, but if anyone wants to tell me how these work, I'm all ears.

Last edited by Urano_Metria,

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still not sure how to use these offsets though. It's different than the way I hex edited games in the past. I'm reading up on how it works now, but if anyone wants to tell me how these work, I'm all ears.

Open the file. The first 0x80 bytes are the secure value that many 3DS games use for cheat protection. After that, the player offset starts at 0xA0, and every player is just 0xA0*i where i is the player number. Once inside the player memory region, 0x6B8C is where you find the player's ATM balance.

I don't know how to make it any easier, those are the exact positions in the file. Just open it and use the 'skip' function.

I'll edit your save for you if you want.

Urano_Metria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Open the file. The first 0x80 bytes are the secure value that many 3DS games use for cheat protection. After that, the player offset starts at 0xA0, and every player is just 0xA0*i where i is the player number. Once inside the player memory region, 0x6B8C is where you find the player's ATM balance.

I don't know how to make it any easier, those are the exact positions in the file. Just open it and use the 'skip' function.

I'll edit your save for you if you want.
The values are nonsensical though. The hex code for the amount inside the ABD is not just the hex version of the number in decimal form. It's some sort of weird value. I'm willing to try to learn how to do it myself, but first of all I'm having trouble even finding 0x6B8C in the acnlram.bin, and I don't know what value I'm supposed to use for a specific number of bells. To be honest, if I was going to go through this much effort, it's not that big of a deal to have a full bank. I'd rather figure out how to hex edit the current price that turnips are selling for if that's possible.

Edit:
A lot of numeric values in this game seem to use some kind of 64-bit floating point value, but the hex values don't seem to correspond to anything I'm familiar with. To further complicate matters, even the slightest adjustment to these values causes all 8 bytes to change. I did, however, manage to tweak the values without breaking things. I'll be releasing LeafTools this week with tools to break the bank and hack your island medals, but in the meantime you can try these values:
Code:
Player 1 bank: 0x6B8C
Player 1 wallet: 0x6E58 (Careful using values above 99,999)
Player 1 island medals: 0x6B9C
Turnip prices: 0x6535C (there are 12 64-bit values, corresponding to AM and PM prices for each day of the week excluding Sunday)
    0x2AC9B1E3
    0x4109E000
    0xE3911E31
    0x7D0D5687
    0x5D1E3420
    0x8915155D
    0x8CF95678
    0x0D118636
    0xE39249F1
    0x69030000

Remember to reverse the byte order if you're hex-editing this directly into a RAM dump.

This information hasn't really helped either, because I can't find any of those values within HxD. I really want to learn how to do this, and I'm really trying, but I guess I just don't understand it. If I send you my save, would you be willing to send me some screenshots of where you found this stuff and how to edit it?

2AH92AL.png

I don't see any 6B8C there at all.

Last edited by Urano_Metria,
Reactions: Brion

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The values are nonsensical though. The hex code for the amount inside the ABD is not just the hex version of the number in decimal form. It's some sort of weird value. I'm willing to try to learn how to do it myself, but first of all I'm having trouble even finding 0x6B8C in the acnlram.bin, and I don't know what value I'm supposed to use for a specific number of bells. To be honest, if I was going to go through this much effort, it's not that big of a deal to have a full bank. I'd rather figure out how to hex edit the current price that turnips are selling for if that's possible.

Edit:

This information hasn't really helped either, because I can't find any of those values within HxD. I really want to learn how to do this, and I'm really trying, but I guess I just don't understand it. If I send you my save, would you be willing to send me some screenshots of where you found this stuff and how to edit it?

2AH92AL.png

I don't see any 6B8C there at all.

If you're using ACNLRAM.bin then the first 0x80 bytes are cut anyway, because ram dumping doesn't include the secure value... So try again.

Edit: And for the record, it shouldn't be nonsensical. I did write a working editor off of said offsets.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all for looking into this !
Now it's for ACNLRAM.bim ?
I'm using the savedatafiler, and i've many .dat files. Any result on this ?

Thanks o/

DesuIsSparta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, still looks really well done apart from any isssues. Any sneak peeks at any features the online one or NLSE lack?

The online portion is a separate program which i'll be implementing to this one shortly after, and it will require NTR CFW. It's a big messy at the moment, so it won't be implemented for a while after the original release i'm guessing. No sneak peaks except on the left side you can see the inventory panel, which other editors don't have. Instead of having to search for every item, you can see the categories I've sorted them into, ranging from flowers, trees, bushes, furniture, carpets, etc. The right panel isn't in the picture, but it has buildings (and PWPs) which are placeable, but experimental so they're off by default. You can also move around buildings simply by clicking and dragging, and all of the coordinates are handled automatically. The acre, items, and building are all viewed on the same map. No need to switch to different tabs because everything map-related is on the same tab.

Reactions: Ryccardo

Jarrad

Trophies
XP
Country
Currently frustrated at the state of the map editor. You can see a concept here

6LDXKOu.png
hey, do you mind if I input my opinion on all of the current map editing tools?

I don't understand why none of them (in my eyes) support only the inside acres (inside with reference to stuff like beaches, rivers, standard acres etc.) and not any of the outer acres (with the exception of the cliff-to-beach acres and the waterfall acres). One of the biggest things that I like to do when making changes to my ram is making my town look more like the previous game's maps by having no "side beaches by replacing them with cliffs.

Why is it that no map editors have this feature when it can be easily implemented, since it's literally just adding an extra column and row to the acre editor, alongside their corresponding acre values?

The only possible way to do it is by directly changing your hex values. Have you thought of implementing all of the acres and not just the "main" ones?

@marc_max also

Last edited by Jarrad,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hi