ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

bradandrew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone provided a breakdown of which Villager Building ID's go with each Villager on NHSE? From my understanding dumping/importing a villager ignores the house information (external?) and it would be useful for a chart to reference - if exists..

cheers.

Justerino

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again,
Question : I hacked in a villager using the nook miles island switcheroo and I was wondering is it safe to kick out said islander via amiibo to send to my other switch or is the glitched plot thing still happening?

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi again,
Question : I hacked in a villager using the nook miles island switcheroo and I was wondering is it safe to kick out said islander via amiibo to send to my other switch or is the glitched plot thing still happening?
Should be fixed if you're on the most recent version.

Reactions: Justerino

aabccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi, I am new and I follow all the step and I can enable the cheat code but it doesn't work at all, the name did not change. I'm using the villager code and activate it AFTER going to the mystery island and seeing a villager there.
[Apollo on Mystery Island]
04100000 3F9DBBBC 0000001A
04100000 3F9DBAAC 30726270
04100000 3F9DBAB0 00000030
and my version is 1.1.4 using d:/sxos/titles/01006f8002326000/cheats/a31f81d41e1039c5.txt
Can anyone help, I really want to bring him to my island.:wacko:

Last edited by aabccc,

Alree

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, to disable music (All music) in game, you could edit /Sound/Resource/Bgm_Base.bars
Just keep Header file and NOP/Delete everything else.. and finally ... no more melody..just like where you're on the shore.

And you should be able to modify all the UI scalling via all the files in /Layout/

BTW, if anyone have something to change Camera distance or Force rotation trigger... pls share.

Last edited by Alree,

goodtimeshaxor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want Raymond and don't have 10 villagers, just go to an island, find the villager there, use a code from the generator to get Raymond, talk to him, get him to agree to move to your place and all that, turn the code off and leave. He should be there the next day or two. If you ask how to get him in boxes after that I'm gonna assume you're a seller.

I'm trying to get villagers for my gf who runs a legit switch. Any tips for that?

D

Deleted User

hold on, are villagers obtained with the code different to get out than normal villagers? im confused

edit: obviously im not going to tell anyone how to get them out either way because of sellers, but im just wondering why everyone keeps asking

Last edited by ,

Peppath

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello! i tried loading the empty villager file into the se (without changing anything else) and the game is somehow unable to run the save file? any tips on how to fix that?
cheers

D

Deleted User

hold on, are villagers obtained with the code different to get out than normal villagers? im confused

edit: obviously im not going to tell anyone how to get them out either way because of sellers, but im just wondering why everyone keeps asking
I do because i'd like to invite on my legit switch, for example, what is this seller story?

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, it's the same as any other villager. Either you time travel until they want to leave, or you use an amiibo to kick them out.

I created a small patch to force villagers into boxes that's on page 116 but most people seem to be hoping NHSE adds this functionality instead ignoring everyone repeatedly pointing it out. I'm assuming the NHSE dev is avoiding adding it due to ebay sellers, which is fair. It seems to be a really simple substitution so it's not a technical reason at least. I've considered deleting it because of people selling but that wouldn't be fair to people wanting to just give their friends villagers (or themselves, which is why I made it, lol).

liamhstokes87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My first attempt at making a cheat. I've tested it on 3 switches. I'm on 1.1.4a

[Fruit Consumed Stays at 10]
04100000 4C309DB8 0000000A
04100000 4C309DBC 0000000A
04100000 4C309DF0 0000000A
04100000 4C374250 0000000A
04100000 B49CFBC8 0000000A

Once activated you need to get your shovel out for it to show 10/10. I found it unless when i was moving loads of trees around on my island.

Test it and let me know if it works for you guys

Last edited by liamhstokes87,

Alree

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My first attempt at making a cheat. I've tested it on 3 switches. I'm on 1.1.4a

[Fruit Consumed Stays at 10]
04100000 4C309DB8 0000000A
04100000 4C309DBC 0000000A
04100000 4C309DF0 0000000A
04100000 4C374250 0000000A

Once activated you need to get your shovel out for it to show 10/10. I found it unless when i was moving loads of trees around on my island.

Test it and let me know if it works for you guys

must be done with only one line (your last one):

and to decrease to 0
04100000 B49CFBC8 00000000

Reactions: BerserkLeon

liamhstokes87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your first try to make a cheat was good, but this cheat already exist and consist in just one line (not five)
In your cheat the 4 previous line are not mandatory =)
Okay mate, no worries. I couldn't find anywhere so had a go at it myself. I can remove the post if needed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission