ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- Reverse Engineering, Glitches, Bugs, etc. thread!

Mizo

はじめまして私わみぞです、よろしく。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea but like first load an empty lot file first and THEN load the legit file cause their houses wont change correctly. check out page 83, they said to do this when you have 10 villagers first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

do you know about this site https://mpql.net/tools/acnh/codes/

Well I was talking about the Mystery Island Villager code from here: https://mpql.net/tools/acnh/codes/

Guess I'll have to wait until I get 10 villagers, I only have 5 :(

Mopquill

Grumpy Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it's the same as any other villager. Either you time travel until they want to leave, or you use an amiibo to kick them out.

I created a small patch to force villagers into boxes that's on page 116 but most people seem to be hoping NHSE adds this functionality instead ignoring everyone repeatedly pointing it out. I'm assuming the NHSE dev is avoiding adding it due to ebay sellers, which is fair. It seems to be a really simple substitution so it's not a technical reason at least. I've considered deleting it because of people selling but that wouldn't be fair to people wanting to just give their friends villagers (or themselves, which is why I made it, lol).
Honestly I'd sooner prevent sellers than worry about people just wanting villagers -- they can use amiibo and kick out whomever they want. It's a bit of a time sink, but so is this game, so it fits right in with it, and it makes it feel more organic. If you want to just like, start in a villager with all your favorites, it just feels off to me, and the main reason for wanting it crazy fast is to sell.

That said, the other side of that argument is if we make it super easy to get people in boxes, we'll flood the market with people trying to undercut each other, and the prices will drop to just a few bucks. :D

That said, I don't know why people (assuming they're not banned) don't just launch their switch without CFW and play AC that way if they're gonna buy it and want to go online. :shrug:

I'm trying to get villagers for my gf who runs a legit switch. Any tips for that?
Not that haven't already been mentioned. Get the villager you want, get them to move out, have her talk to them via local play while they're in the process of packing their stuff into boxes.

Last edited by Mopquill,

infringe2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, really sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but i'm looking to edit my ACNH save with JKSV for some nook mile tickets, i'm playing the game on sysnand with a cartridge, and to try and dump the save i switch into emunand running the latest atmosphere/hekate. the only thing is, the game won't dump no matter what, the folders are created, but no save files are inside. i tried dumping my other games and those worked perfect. i tried dumping it from the "device saves" folder as well. is anyone running into the same issue?

maxarias

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey does anyone know if there's a way to change island representative without losing progress? Maybe editing the save?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, really sorry if this is the wrong place for it, but i'm looking to edit my ACNH save with JKSV for some nook mile tickets, i'm playing the game on sysnand with a cartridge, and to try and dump the save i switch into emunand running the latest atmosphere/hekate. the only thing is, the game won't dump no matter what, the folders are created, but no save files are inside. i tried dumping my other games and those worked perfect. i tried dumping it from the "device saves" folder as well. is anyone running into the same issue?
Your saves are on your sysNAND not your emuNAND, that's why the folders are empty. No save on emuNAND.

Reactions: Mopquill

h448

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I'd sooner prevent sellers than worry about people just wanting villagers -- they can use amiibo and kick out whomever they want. It's a bit of a time sink, but so is this game, so it fits right in with it, and it makes it feel more organic. If you want to just like, start in a villager with all your favorites, it just feels off to me, and the main reason for wanting it crazy fast is to sell.

That said, the other side of that argument is if we make it super easy to get people in boxes, we'll flood the market with people trying to undercut each other, and the prices will drop to just a few bucks. :D

That said, I don't know why people (assuming they're not banned) don't just launch their switch without CFW and play AC that way if they're gonna buy it and want to go online. :shrug:

Not that haven't already been mentioned. Get the villager you want, get them to move out, have her talk to them via local play while they're in the process of packing their stuff into boxes.
It's out in the wild now so me deleting it won't really stop sellers, unfortunately. (It would just make it more exclusive to those that are already using it, haha).

New Leaf still has sellers even though it's braindead to hack a 3DS, it's always gonna be in demand, which is wild because it's super easy to mod that game. I guess there's always people that will pay for something they're too lazy to do.

I've been using it to give my friends the animals they want because they all have ipatched consoles / Switch lites / are too afraid to hack, and I guess I was hoping everyone here was doing the same, haha. I guess in the end it doesn't really matter... I just was excited I figured out how to do something that worked for once

infringe2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your saves are on your sysNAND not your emuNAND, that's why the folders are empty. No save on emuNAND.
i see... however, i was able to dump my super mario odyssey save, another cartridge game i only played in sysnand, granted that was in my user account folder rather than the device saves folder. actually, AC is the only game in the device saves folder, wonder if that has something to do with it.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i see... however, i was able to dump my super mario odyssey save, another cartridge game i only played in sysnand, granted that was in my user account folder rather than the device saves folder. actually, AC is the only game in the device saves folder, wonder if that has something to do with it.
I assume you had your Mario save on your sysNAND when you first created your emuNAND which then copied it over to emuNAND too. If you were to play more Mario on sysNAND and save, then boot to emuNAND and play you'll find your progress did not carry over.

Reactions: Mopquill

infringe2000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you had your Mario save on your sysNAND when you first created your emuNAND which then copied it over to emuNAND too. If you were to play more Mario on sysNAND and save, then boot to emuNAND and play you'll find your progress did not carry over.
oh, yeah i think that's true. damn, guess it can't be helped. ty for helping anyway!

frankocsic

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well I was talking about the Mystery Island Villager code from here:

Guess I'll have to wait until I get 10 villagers, I only have 5 :(

You can do the mystery island code as long as you have an empty lot, even before getting 10 villagers. You can't invite more than 1 villager per day though, so just put down 1 lot per day. They won't show up on the mystery islands after you've invited 1. And if you put down 2 lots at once, a random villager will move in to the 2nd lot.

So day 1, put down 1 lot, invite villager at mystery island (using code to get the villager you want, activate code on the mystery island before talking to the animal there, deactivate before leaving). Day 2, put down another lot, invite another villager, etc.

Talk to mr. nook to get empty lots. I think the 6th villager was random, but I got the others using the codes.

Al3need44

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Well you're not exactly the first person with the bunny stuff and all. I, for example find out all my stuff by myself, if you have a look at page 9 and 18 (https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-...s-bugs-etc-thread.560199/page-18#post-8982193).

But I know what you mean, it's not easy to take this place clean. I'm just taking requests and posting the codes for newer versions and some, I haven't seen, yet.

Just use the codes from v1.1.1, they didn't change. Just change the ID of the item/recipe and you're good to go.

i update my sawitch to 10.0 and atmosphere to 11.1 al my games work fine ex Animal crossing which i download the game from Tinfoil
please can u help me out to lunch animal crossing i get this mesage when i lunch the game "the software was closed because an error occured"

Reactions: TrueGamerGirl

meemai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone explain to me:

Can I hack my switch use JKSV extract the save file, save edit the save file, back it up on switch. Then delete the homebrew by turning switch off and on back again and play animal crossing with the stuff that I save edited in?

I would like to keep my switch clean. But then again...

Last edited by meemai,

Classicaldonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i update my sawitch to 10.0 and atmosphere to 11.1 al my games work fine ex Animal crossing which i download the game from Tinfoil
please can u help me out to lunch animal crossing i get this mesage when i lunch the game "the software was closed because an error occured"

Buy the game..problem solved...I don't like pirates!!

Can anyone explain to me:

Can I hack my switch use JKSV extract the save file, save edit the save file, back it up on switch. Then delete the homebrew by turning switch off and on back again and play animal crossing with the stuff that I save edited in?

I would like to keep my switch clean. But then again...

Yes I turn my wifi off, use JKSV edit things, put it back on restore and go back to normal... you will be safe i believe if you dont do anything that directly effects other players you will not be banned.

Hello, is there anyway to modify the color of our airport and plane ?
i dont think you can, but i bet someone is working on doing it, but i think it wouc be a case of editing the games files, not just memory editing. But i could be wrong here, but thats how i understand things.

Reactions: IZUNYA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2: +1