ROM Hack Discussion Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread

WinnieVanillie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This guide is to make a dream island your own. From there, you can update your dream island with it and then edit your main.dat file to import all of your original files in order to recover your original island while having the new dream island.

In NHSE, open the main.dat file from your island.
  1. Go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items.
    • Dump/Import - Dump all acres
  2. Buildings:
    • Dump Buildings
    • Write down the Plaza X & Y location coordinates
  3. Terrain:
  4. Acres:
    • Dump/Import - Dump Map Acres
Now do the exact same steps for any dream island main.dat you want to have in your dream offline.

After you've exported both your island and dream island main.dat map files, open your own save main.dat and go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items. You need to import all 4 files you exported from the dream save.

My recommendation is to do it in inverse order, starting from 4. Acres (which will set the correct river exit locations). So:
  1. Import Acres
  2. Import Terrain
  3. Import Buildings (remember to set the correct Plaza X & Y coordinates from the dream main.dat file)
  4. Import Items
    • Delete Luna's Bed in the plaza
    • Delete item #13218 in the plaza
Update your dream with this new island. Then after it's updated, go back to edit your main.dat and import your original files and plaza coordinates.

Do with this guide what you will, but you shouldn't be updating your own dream island with another person's island, or playing online with another person's island for that matter. I use this method mainly for playing around with the editor, and never to play online with other people.

This guide is to make a dream island your own. From there, you can update your dream island with it and then edit your main.dat file to import all of your original files in order to recover your original island while having the new dream island.

In NHSE, open the main.dat file from your island.
  1. Go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items.
  2. Buildings:
    • Dump Buildings
    • Write down the Plaza X & Y location coordinates
  3. Terrain:
  4. Acres:
    • Dump/Import - Dump Map Acres
Now do the exact same steps for any dream island main.dat you want to have in your dream offline.

After you've exported both your island and dream island main.dat map files, open your own save main.dat and go to Map - Edit map - Edit field items. You need to import all 4 files you exported from the dream save.

My recommendation is to do it in inverse order, starting from 4. Acres (which will set the correct river exit locations). So:
  1. Import Acres
  2. Import Terrain
  3. Import Buildings (remember to set the correct Plaza X & Y coordinates from the dream main.dat file)
  4. Import Items
    • Delete Luna's Bed in the plaza
    • Delete item #13218 in the plaza
Update your dream with this new island. Then after it's updated, go back to edit your main.dat and import your original files and plaza coordinates.

Do with this guide what you will, but you shouldn't be updating your own dream island with another person's island, or playing online with another person's island for that matter. I use this method mainly for playing around with the editor, and never to play online with other people.
@Ireneity
Post automatically merged:

can someone please dump this island for me?
I would be forever grateful <3

DA-4377-8361-5180 Mori

Last edited by WinnieVanillie,
Reactions: Eelarual

Eelarual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no! sorry ☹️ how did it happen?
I honestly don't know - I am still so new to this. People on this site are so willing to help newbies out - I wanted to be able to help, too. It's my own fault - I should have read more about how to safely do things. Fortunately, I do not play online (except to use Luna) so it's all good. You are so very kind for asking - have an incredible day (you just made mine :) )

Eelarual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone! Do you know which code must be entered to display ceiling items on nhse?
Hello, GOT85! I think I know this one: please try 1452 (UnlockInterior_CeilingFurniture = 1) (and, unsure if necessary, but 1481 HasLookMyHouseExplain_CeilingFtrAWall = 1). Let me know :)

Wangfam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello to everybody. Could someone please dump these islands for me?

DA-9172-7480-3610 (bani.o)
DA-4844-2539-1704 (suzuran)

I noticed that the first one had been dumped, but I am not authorized to access the Google link.
I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by Wangfam,

Tinkerbell

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Wangfam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too bad Hitler didn't make camps for immigrants oh wait
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Isn't the latest method for slim like self right?
    Like a 1 wire mod?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still two wire with resistor if you don't count the 7 wire pc probes cause hardware likes a good probing
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    2 wires left on motherboard, 7 temp soldered to a flasher, then removed after flashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Technically don't even have to remove it could just keep it on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't really mess with hard mods due to neuro issues
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That you'll only see once +2