Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hurrah! 567 MB? thats huge!!
grog.gif
GC version was just 64 MB

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, I'm a little disappointed that it only got an 8 on the new NP... I was hoping for like a 9.5.
Aw, shit. I'm all out of blank DVDs too. I hope I get it for Christmas, though.
yaynds.gif

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything will work just fine as long as the uploader does not remove anything, even if it is scrubbed, that doesnt mean he removed anything from the game.

Scrubbing a wii game means it just removes the dummy day "00" Because the disc image must be a certain file size to read on the wii ( i believe ), it has something to do with the file size being an exact number.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got my copy from a local FYE. Just wanted to throw this info out there:

It contains an update and it isn't the initial 3.3U, so I'm assuming it is the update that is known to disable some homebrew (Oct 23 Updates). I suggest the use of Gecko OS to get around this problem. Menu Loader, Starfall and numerous other methods will also work, however I find Gecko OS most stable and safest, as it does not touch the systems firmware. If you are using a modded wii and firmware 3.2 or prior, you can use WIU to remove the update. WIU requires the game in ISO format, it patches it then you burn. Happy Gaming.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:

It contains an update and it isn't the initial 3.3U, so I'm assuming it is the update that is known to disable some homebrew (Oct 23 Updates). I suggest the use of Gecko OS to get around this problem. Menu Loader, Starfall and numerous other methods will also work, however I find Gecko OS most stable and safest, as it does not touch the systems firmware. If you are using a modded wii and firmware 3.2 or prior, you can use WIU to remove the update. WIU requires the game in ISO format, it patches it then you burn. Happy Gaming.
there isnt a solution for a person who wants to use the legit disc without updating?

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're using a legit disc you can still use Gecko OS. (To avoid updates) That was/is one of its original purposes.

kevind23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:

The uploader has already patched it to remove the update.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dylaan said:
If you're using a legit disc you can still use Gecko OS. (To avoid updates) That was/is one of its original purposes.
Oh nice. Is that feature in the backup loader as well or a seperate gecko os?

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
Prophet said:

there isnt a solution for a person who wants to use the legit disc without updating?

Yes, Gecko Os. As long as you have a method of loading it. Twilight hack, Homebrew Channel... whatever. Now if you have a non-modded wii, a legit game and no way of loading homebrew but still don't want to update; then I think you would have a problem, as I can't see how you could get around it.

QUOTE(kevind23 @ Nov 15 2008, 07:11 PM)
The uploader has already patched it to remove the update.

This info is for those who wish to run a legit copy or are unable to run a patched disc (fake signed) due to thier current firmware.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Prophet said:

Thanks for the information...I guess I have to boot through GeckoOS...for the rest of my life D:

Nintendo are assholes.

Does anyone know if Wiispeak still works even without updating? Because the main update is probably to have funtion of the Wii Speak.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw