Angry fans send Bioware 400 Cupcakes

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Valwin, Mar 27, 2012.

Mar 27, 2012
  1. Valwin
    OP

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    [​IMG]

Source

2. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So they got mad at them, so they spent money to send them cupcakes?

$1000 worth of cupcakes, what are they showing them

3. awssk8er

Member awssk8er GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Haha, that's great.

Even if they do change the ending, would you have to play through the entire last game again to get to it (Never played Mass Effect).

4. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    It's like when Fringe was about to be going off the air and the fans sent in one of the Fringe characters' favorite snacks (RedVines).

Except they're trying to appeal to the staff at BioWare to be moved enough by such a donation to their lunches that they'll get the rest to agree to an update to the end of the game.

5. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    Why can't fans just let devs tell the story the way the devs want to? Though I've never played the game before, many of the people who talked about it were complaining about the plot hole or w/e rather than the ending itself.

6. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    From what I hear, it's not just one plot hole.

It's a web of plot holes and ideas that were never truly explained by any of the endings. The endings were also, apparently, nearly identical and make it look like you never had a choice in the first place.

7. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Ah, though i doubt it will really have any effect.

8. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    "OMG A VIDEO GAME I LIKE HAD AN ENDING THAT I DON'T LIKE, I MUST REBEL IMMEDIATELLY!"

Jeeez, talk about overreacting. I've seen most of the endings by now and I must say that they're not that bad, you'd have to be a really butthurt person to complain about them. It's a game, have fun and if you want intricate storytelling then grab a book 'cause guess what? It'll take a good few more years before games reach the level of storytelling that is present in other mediums.

Video game is quite a young form of storytelling and artistic expression, it needs time to fully bloom.

1 person likes this.
  9. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Video gaming is a form of entertainment as long as you enjoyed playing the game then surely you got your moneys worth and move on to the next game, why all this fuss over a game's ending is beyond me.

10. Hyro-Sama

Member Hyro-Sama I'm from the fucking future.

Japan
    Pffft... People say Final Fantasy fans are insane...

2 people like this.
  11. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Really? We must've gone back in time 20 years, because I have games in my collection from the late 90s with stories that are better than novels.

On another note, Bioware generally does a good job of creating very detailed universes, and in a game like Mass Effect, where part of the sales pitch is that the outcome hinges heavily on your choices, it's a pretty big slap to the face to have such similar and useless endings. Granted, after Dragon Age II and what I've seen of Star Wars: The Old Republic, I can't say ME3 being disappointing where it really counts is surprising.

12. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Maybe we can get together and send EA cupcakes to make them consider publishing their games on Steam.

13. raybattousai

Member raybattousai GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Its not so much that they hate the ending, its that Bioware lied to them about it. Bioware promised that there would be tons of different ending and that your choices through out the series would have a serious impact on them. When people finally got to the end they were treated to one last choice that determined which of 3 almost identical endings you saw. It didn't help that the endings felt rushed an out of place in the game. People were also still upset over the Prothean on disk DLC that Bioware swore was developed after the game was already finished.

Still I agree people have over reacted. I think a simple email to Bioware stating your feelings on the matter and just not buying their next game would have sufficed

14. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    That is incorrect - the player recieves three choices, that much is correct, however the final outcome of those choices varies depending on the choices made throughout the game. The fans may feel that the changes are insignificant, but they're there. Moreover, there is only one perfect ending leading to an extra cutscene.

The endings vary even from the perspective of whether Shepherd dies or survives, but that's a matter for interpretation aswell.

Better then "Twillight" or better then novels altogether? Because the latter makes you sound quite silly.

15. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Eh, at least they didn't burn down place

1 person likes this.
  16. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Nah, honestly you would probably understand the current ending more if you hadn't played the series before or were high, as it is quite surreal.

17. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    thats just fucking stupid in all ways possible. i would have pocked the 1k and ran :lol:

1 person likes this.
  18. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Rivaling well-regarded novels in the same genre would've been a better way to put it. As far as I'm aware, there's no way you could claim to make any game, or anything an any medium, better than novels altogether because it's completely subjective.

19. Foxi4

pip
    Poland
    Storytelling techniques may be objectively compared by means of their capabilities. There's the spoken word, written word, theater, movies and video games. Video games give the most storytelling capabilities as they can be designed as interactive or even be a sandbox of "make your own adventure" plus other then the plot itself, they also present the story visually and may contain effects unavailable in theater and in cinema (without the use of C.G), allowing the characters to perform supernatural feats before the viewer's eyes. Thing is, this superior medium as of nowadays is used poorly to convey thoroughly bad stories. If you want to say that there are certain games which have superb stories and convey them in a fantastic fashion - fine. I can also say that there are books or movies that are completely crap. When you look on the mediums as uniform wholes though, you can see that video games have alot of pent up potential that just waits to be released.

20. chrisrlink

Member chrisrlink Rouge Temper

United States
    well we know what the dev's are gonna eat for the next game they make