Tutorial  Updated

AndroidPass, an alternative for the StreetPass Riilay

Hello,

Its been a while since i wrote i was doing an app for me to use the streetpass on my 3ds.
I used the Riilay app, and didn't worked for me, and seems the dev has halted the development of his app.

I present you a new app, with basic gui, but works for me.

Working methods (tested by me):
/data/.nvmac.info
/efs/wifi/.mac.info
/data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf

Working methods (tested by users):
/data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin

To be tested methods:
/data/misc/wifi/config
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
/factory/wifi/.mac.info
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr

(BusyBox methods dont work or are kernel dependant)
BusyBox: ifconfig
BusyBox: ip link
BusyBox: Old tether softAP method (added, but not sure if it would work, maybe i will remove it later if no one uses it or not working)

Want to add more methods?
Send me a pm with a sample file for the file to be edited, and ill work to implement it asap.
Don't be afraid to send any "original macs" or try to edit out the macs with A,B,C,D,E or F.

I would want to add more methods and a BusyBox method, but i dont have more Androids with me and my pc is old and cant run the emulator.

The app needs root, and is stright forward.

The app works with the SD card mainly:
/"sd"/macs/...
macs.txt : a list of macs to be readed. (Yes, is needed to run the program and can be customized)
config.properties : The config from the app, i hate when phone data is used to store config.
On this file you can edit the "original_mac" and when the app is closing it will restore the mac you provided, useful with a whitelisted network. Ex: 00:11:22:33:44:55
on the /"sd"/
AndroidPass-Log.txt : Do not exists always, but it contains crash log(s) for the app.

The program features an auto updater.
And no need to wait X minutes to change MACs, just dont wait to timeout and when the 3DS disconnects (or no more clients are connected), it will change the mac right away.

If your AndroidPass has stopped working for some reason, post the crash log file.

Im thinking to release the source somewhere on the net, and then anyone who wants to implement some features could, in theory, work with me and make it more "compatible". If there is some devs that want to be involved in this, contact me and if i get some, ill publishit somewhere.

Donations are much apreciated.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hvrqikrqp3cs4ck/StreetPass.apk

If for some reason the link above is not the current version, use the workspace version https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0sy8e7i1s5u1mh/StreetPass.apk (this file is used for testing, keep in mind that this version is the work in progress one, and may contain not working things or major crashes)

Later on i will feature a stable or debug release, the current link will be the debug release.

-Ismaw34

WARNING
* Some kernels need special "magic" features (specially the 4.3+) that i dont know how to work with.
* If you need to patch any "binary" file, i can edit the mac too, refer to the methods /data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin
* If you are using the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf method, and you change the HotSpot name on your phone but it doen't change, is a usual bug, that is that on the current state i cant read root files inside the java code and i need to manage them via shell. Just delete the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf.bak file, edit your config and then it would be ready to go.

Last edited by Ismaw34,

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i will try it anyway :)

edit i tried a bit using busybox, out of the 3 possible methods the first 2 (ifconfig and iplink) did not start the hotspot - the OLD TETHER METHOD started hotspot but broadcast wrong mac.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i will try it anyway :)

edit i tried a bit using busybox, out of the 3 possible methods the first 2 (ifconfig and iplink) did not start the hotspot - the OLD TETHER METHOD started hotspot but broadcast wrong mac.

Have you tried deleting the file and see if is a remanant of an old rom?

Here some instructions:
Enter on adb shell or Android terminal
Type rm /efs/wifi/.mac.info (if is your method)
Reboot

If is the correct method it should recreate itself.

If not, there are any other files inside the folder?

I want to get this patched up, but it seems that is taking a while

-Ismaw34

PS: what is the app you are using that works?

Reactions: lucame

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the app i am using is wifi tether 3.4 https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ - also this app did not work on 4.3.

I will try to delete files later today as per your instructions and will report back, sorry got no time now - do you want me to copy the settings i use in wifi tether also later?

i assume i can delete those with root explorer too?

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the app i am using is wifi tether 3.4 https://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ - also this app did not work on 4.3.

I will try to delete files later today as per your instructions and will report back, sorry got no time now - do you want me to copy the settings i use in wifi tether also later?

i assume i can delete those with root explorer too?

Post the config, it might be useful.

Yes you can delete using root explorer

-Ismaw34

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Just realized that you have to change both that file and WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin <-It's stored as a hex string in this file. In my case it's from 00000A to 00000F

Also your app broke the WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.
I also found this.
I attached the binary file along with the broken ini file.

Attachments

• wifi.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 334

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just realized that you have to change both that file and WCNSS_qcom_wlan_nv.bin <-It's stored as a hex string in this file. In my case it's from 00000A to 00000F

Also your app broke the WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini.
I also found this.
I attached the binary file along with the broken ini file.

The config file seems fine, the only thing is all the debug lines are deleted for file reduction.
And de bin file, i made some little app that i will implement later when i get home.

Still no clue for the S3 tho...

-Ismaw34

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The config file seems fine, the only thing is all the debug lines are deleted for file reduction.
And de bin file, i made some little app that i will implement later when i get home.

Still no clue for the S3 tho...

-Ismaw34
The END marker is misplaced. It's supposed to be at the end of the file.

IIRC the S3 uses the efs method. Will check later when I have a chance.

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
browsing while out, i can confirm that my s3 had the efs method, but it did not work on 4.3 - you can ignore my phone honestly, i have it working with wifi tether anyway

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
device profile s3
setup method auto
send netd etc checked
mac address spoof (of course) and mac to homepass in the next option

do not disable bluetooth
reload wifi driver 1 checked, 2 not checked
routing fix checked

this should be all - what version of android? on 4.3 it did not work. on 4.1.2 it worked almost immediately but the app of this thread and riilay still do not work

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The END marker is misplaced. It's supposed to be at the end of the file.

IIRC the S3 uses the efs method. Will check later when I have a chance.

I updated the "workspace" version, the one that is now hidden from the auto-downloader, also fixed some things here and there, can you try if the method now works?

I assumed the binary file is on the same path as the config file.

-Ismaw34

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i just did a test after a fresh boot, the iplink and ifconfig busybox methods do not start the access point. Old tether starts it but does not broadcast the fake ip, only original one.

By file starts the hotspot but does not broadcast the fake ip, only original one.

edit every time i try to email myself the app gmail says its a virus...

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i see new version, i try new version

method BY FILE starts hotspot but broadcast wrong mac
method busybox ifconfig does not start the hotspot
method busybox iplink does not start the hotspot
method busyboxold tether starts hotspot but broadcast wrong mac

i verify using wifi analyzer on a jailbreak newipad
phone sgs3 4.1.2 android

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
lucame said:
i see new version, i try new version

method BY FILE starts hotspot but broadcast wrong mac
method busybox ifconfig does not start the hotspot
method busybox iplink does not start the hotspot
method busyboxold tether starts hotspot but broadcast wrong mac

i verify using wifi analyzer on a jailbreak newipad
phone sgs3 4.1.2 android

It will take a while while i figure out how to fix this.
Maybe theres a need to edit some binary files like the lg method... witch has confirmation pending...
can you zip the /efs/wifi folder and sendit to me?

-Ismaw34

lucame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the efs wifi dir only has the .mac.info file in it, which has the original phone mac... nothing else... do you need it really?

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the efs wifi dir only has the .mac.info file in it, which has the original phone mac... nothing else... do you need it really?

Weird, my phone has another file, ".mac.prop" in case of error on the mac on the .mac.info file

I need to investigate more of this. :(

-Ismaw34

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The app outputs Unknown Error on startup and doesn't change the .ini file. Not sure about the .bin file.

Also, the app slows my phone down a lot when using the file method and crashes when I choose STOP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCYyXcb_pJk Lol spiderman dong