Tutorial  Updated

AndroidPass, an alternative for the StreetPass Riilay

Hello,

Its been a while since i wrote i was doing an app for me to use the streetpass on my 3ds.
I used the Riilay app, and didn't worked for me, and seems the dev has halted the development of his app.

I present you a new app, with basic gui, but works for me.

Working methods (tested by me):
/data/.nvmac.info
/efs/wifi/.mac.info
/data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf

Working methods (tested by users):
/data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini
/persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin

To be tested methods:
/data/misc/wifi/config
/system/etc/wifi/nvram.txt
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr0
/factory/wifi/.mac.info
/data/etc/wlan_macaddr

(BusyBox methods dont work or are kernel dependant)
BusyBox: ifconfig
BusyBox: ip link
BusyBox: Old tether softAP method (added, but not sure if it would work, maybe i will remove it later if no one uses it or not working)

Want to add more methods?
Send me a pm with a sample file for the file to be edited, and ill work to implement it asap.
Don't be afraid to send any "original macs" or try to edit out the macs with A,B,C,D,E or F.

I would want to add more methods and a BusyBox method, but i dont have more Androids with me and my pc is old and cant run the emulator.

The app needs root, and is stright forward.

The app works with the SD card mainly:
/"sd"/macs/...
macs.txt : a list of macs to be readed. (Yes, is needed to run the program and can be customized)
config.properties : The config from the app, i hate when phone data is used to store config.
On this file you can edit the "original_mac" and when the app is closing it will restore the mac you provided, useful with a whitelisted network. Ex: 00:11:22:33:44:55
on the /"sd"/
AndroidPass-Log.txt : Do not exists always, but it contains crash log(s) for the app.

The program features an auto updater.
And no need to wait X minutes to change MACs, just dont wait to timeout and when the 3DS disconnects (or no more clients are connected), it will change the mac right away.

If your AndroidPass has stopped working for some reason, post the crash log file.

Im thinking to release the source somewhere on the net, and then anyone who wants to implement some features could, in theory, work with me and make it more "compatible". If there is some devs that want to be involved in this, contact me and if i get some, ill publishit somewhere.

Donations are much apreciated.

Download link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hvrqikrqp3cs4ck/StreetPass.apk

If for some reason the link above is not the current version, use the workspace version https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0sy8e7i1s5u1mh/StreetPass.apk (this file is used for testing, keep in mind that this version is the work in progress one, and may contain not working things or major crashes)

Later on i will feature a stable or debug release, the current link will be the debug release.

-Ismaw34

WARNING
* Some kernels need special "magic" features (specially the 4.3+) that i dont know how to work with.
* If you need to patch any "binary" file, i can edit the mac too, refer to the methods /data/misc/wifi/WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini and /persist/WCNSS_qcom_wlan_factory_nv.bin
* If you are using the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf method, and you change the HotSpot name on your phone but it doen't change, is a usual bug, that is that on the current state i cant read root files inside the java code and i need to manage them via shell. Just delete the /data/misc/wifi/hostapd.conf.bak file, edit your config and then it would be ready to go.

Last edited by Ismaw34,

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Duo8 said:
The app outputs Unknown Error on startup and doesn't change the .ini file. Not sure about the .bin file.

Also, the app slows my phone down a lot when using the file method and crashes when I choose STOP.

The error on the startup is that cant find any active internet connectipn and fails to detect updates.

And the crash, there is a log file for a crash on the root of the selected sd card or the phone memory.

I'll look it asap

-Ismaw34

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am confused about how to use this.

The system is an Aoson M33 tablet, rooted (Android 4.2.2). I do have a list of macs in macs.txt and the app seems to read them.

-- Should the list of macs contain : or not contain :? If it shouldn't contain :, what do I use instead? Periods? Spaces?
-- Should I run this with "portable hotspot" on or off? (edit: I read the other thread)
-- Do I have to rename my portable hotspot to attwifi or should this be done automatically (it's not)? (edit: I read the other thread)
-- My tablet does not have 3G. The only way to connect to the Internet is wifi. However, it doesn't seem to allow me to be connected by wifi and have a portable hotspot on at the same time. Does this mean I can't run the app?
-- The only options I get are the two busybox ones, ifconfig and ip link. It says "No file method found".
-- Running it doesn't change either the portable hotspot name (if I have it on) or my mac address.
-- Is there any way to see a log of what it tried to do? (Could I type the ifconfig command manually in a terminal emulator, so I can see what error output it produces? If so, what command is it?)

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

The workspace version may fix the issue, but it seems that you where closing the app. I dont find any trace of the app stop button.

I am confused about how to use this.

The system is an Aoson M33 tablet, rooted (Android 4.2.2). I do have a list of macs in macs.txt and the app seems to read them.

-- Should the list of macs contain : or not contain :? If it shouldn't contain :, what do I use instead? Periods? Spaces?
-- Should I run this with "portable hotspot" on or off? (edit: I read the other thread)
-- Do I have to rename my portable hotspot to attwifi or should this be done automatically (it's not)? (edit: I read the other thread)
-- My tablet does not have 3G. The only way to connect to the Internet is wifi. However, it doesn't seem to allow me to be connected by wifi and have a portable hotspot on at the same time. Does this mean I can't run the app?
-- The only options I get are the two busybox ones, ifconfig and ip link. It says "No file method found".
-- Running it doesn't change either the portable hotspot name (if I have it on) or my mac address.
-- Is there any way to see a log of what it tried to do? (Could I type the ifconfig command manually in a terminal emulator, so I can see what error output it produces? If so, what command is it?)

1. The macs need to contain ":" in their corresponent spot.
2. -
3. -
4. The app needs a non wifi internet, if you can do a reverse usb internet from a pc, it may work.
5. If the app does not contain any file method, the default is the busybox, that can work or not.
6. Resolved on 3, but the app does not change the name or the pass of the hotspot.
7. This option is on my todo list. Currently there is no way to figure out what happens with the busybox.

-Ismaw34

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This app is the only way to make it works in Android 4.4. Runs great! Good job!
By the way. Can you add an option to add custom macs? I mean, a way to manually add to the current list of macs, another ones.

Thank you.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This app is the only way to make it works in Android 4.4. Runs great! Good job!
By the way. Can you add an option to add custom macs? I mean, a way to manually add to the current list of macs, another ones.

Thank you.

There is a way to edit the macs, on the sd card there is a macs folder, just edit the mac list and there you go.

Ill take a look for the various mac lists... but no one ever asked for that because you can edit the main list yourself.
But ill take a look asap.

-Ismaw34

Sidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently updated my phone (Galaxy S4) from rooted stock 4.2.2 to Cyanogenmod 11 M8. Unfortunatly, I did not discover this app until after I updated my phone. The app is able to start the WiFi tether, and my 3ds is able to connect (Nintendo zone). But the app does not seem to be changing the MAC address; thus no streetpasses. I can see that the MAC is not changing by running netcfg in the terminal.

I have also tried Streetpass Riilay.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/android-streetpass-riilay-the-homepass-method-on-your-phone.353091/

Before I updated from 4.2.2 it worked perfectly. After the update, my 3ds is not able to connect to the wifi, but I can tell the the wlan0 MAC address changed by running netcfg in the terminal. In fact, no device can connect due to an authentication error (tested with my tablet).

Has anyone had any luck with either app on CM 11 with or without a custom kernel? Or any recent CM? If so what did you do / use?

Perhaps Zurce and Ismaw34 can work together and create Androidpass Riilay combining the best parts of both apps so that homepass works via kitkat.

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Might be beating a dead horse, sorry, but...

I tried to use this app on a Nexus 4 but it doesn't seem to work, seeing I could downgrade thanks to MultiROM, I wondered what version I could use to make it work.

Also if I can help with some testing, feel free to ask

subly

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Great app ! Thanks !

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 mini LTE i9195 Stock ROM 4.4.2 I9195XXUCNE6

Before using the application, I have set up WiFi tethering.
- SSID : attwifi
- Security : Open
- Channel : 1
- Frequency : 2.4Ghz

Khaeroth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have a problem. The app changes the MAC successfully BUT the 3DS (not even my laptop) can't connect to internet. I have a Samsung S3 mini 4.1.2. Any help?

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It has been reported that the s3 can cause problems with the connection, even it does not change the mac successfully.
I dont have any s3 mini that i can snatch, i cant test it in every model.
Here on this thread one user tried the Wifi tether app on the googlecode, and it works but the mac needs to be changed manually.

I worked on implementing that method in my app, but i dont think its working.

-Ismaw34

Uddasa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Ismaw34,

Thanks for your app, it's working well on my I9305 with Android 4.3.
Just a note though : it would be great if your app could restore the original MAC address on closing, so we don't have to put it back manually.
It's important for those who have MAC address filtering on their home/work wifi.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I just figured out that I could just add my address in the macs.txt and do it faster than editing the MAC directly. It's not automatic but it's easy enough.

FMMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total newb question here, downloaded the app, rooted galaxy s4, 4.4.2

Any settings I need to edit? Forced busybox and the app seems to be attempting to work.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I get this question, similar to above, the galaxy s3/4 needs to be treated with special software that i do not know/understand/find/work with, the only thing i suggest is, try the tether app from the googlecode linked before.
I cant add more compatibilities with no files.

Also I need to update the app for the people that use properties, i fixed the file, but i cant find time to push anything.
School... work...

Well... sorry, but my app cannot work with your phone.

-Ismaw34

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I get this question, similar to above, the galaxy s3/4 needs to be treated with special software that i do not know/understand/find/work with, the only thing i suggest is, try the tether app from the googlecode linked before.
I cant add more compatibilities with no files.

Also I need to update the app for the people that use properties, i fixed the file, but i cant find time to push anything.
School... work...

Well... sorry, but my app cannot work with your phone.

-Ismaw34

Where do I can check the configuration files from my Sony Xperia GO? Now I have the phone rooted.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Where do I can check the configuration files from my Sony Xperia GO? Now I have the phone rooted.

Search for any file that contains your mac with ":" or without. If not, maybe your phone is Binary coded. And I can modify your binaries too.

-Ismaw34

FMMax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick reply. I'm still messing with it. I've been unsuccessful with the wifi tether app.

andron66

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Ismaw34, can you please upload oldest versions of your programm? I have Galaxy s4 mini and everything worked flawless before, but suddenly stops. So i wanna see maybe old versions\builds will do. I can give you more details of my situtation if you want.

Ismaw34

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ismaw34, can you please upload oldest versions of your programm? I have Galaxy s4 mini and everything worked flawless before, but suddenly stops. So i wanna see maybe old versions\builds will do. I can give you more details of my situtation if you want.

Give more details, the "workspace" version is not intended for final users.
I dont have a older versions directory, sorry. I can do fixes as needed, as long as i understand how to fix the problem.

-Ismaw34

andron66

Trophies
XP
Country
Bolivia
Give more details, the "workspace" version is not intended for final users.
I dont have a older versions directory, sorry. I can do fixes as needed, as long as i understand how to fix the problem.

-Ismaw34
Ok, here my story
I download your app in the middle of summer, not sure what version it was. At the time my I9190 was running android 4.2.2 and androidpass works perfect. I did not do this "reboot your phone with wifi off to make it work" thing, cause app working anytime for me no matter what! Later, samsung released 4.4.2 update for my phone and ive decide to grab it. Your app still working fine, but since i have root the update went wrong and my other apps began crashing and overall stability of my phone starts dissapoint me. So i reflash it cleanly and here goes.

1. The app seems to work, but in a strange way. I can have streetpasses, but only on one mac! The app change the mac, 3ds just connects and disconnects immideatly with no streetpass. It does work again after some time (resetting the phone, deletting .mac.info not helping with that), but again, after one mac spoofed, second one and others dont do the thing. And it doesnt matter wich mac i choose to start with: first one always works, the others not!

2. App is crashing if i try to qiut after pressing 'stop' button. However, its closing without error if stop button not activated.

Sorry, my english is not very good, but at least ive tried:) Hope you help, cause your app was perfect for me. Thanks.

Attachments

• AndroidPass-log[1].txt
    79 KB · Views: 1,915

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo