Android gaming handheld AYANEO Pocket EVO revealed

73551202407102126172744.png

AYANEO is back with yet another handheld; this time it's an Android gaming device. The AYANEO Pocket EVO is what the company touts as the world's first 7" OLED 120Hz Android gaming handheld. It shares some specs with the AYANEO Pocket S, such as the Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Gaming Platform but has a larger battery, integrated handgrips and a wide, 7" OLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate. Some additional highlights of the handheld can be found below:
  • Powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon G3x Gen 2 Gaming Platform
  • Borderless Display
  • 7" 1080P 120Hz OLED Display
  • Premium Quality
  • Ergonomic Grip
  • Hall Sensing Joysticks + Hall Triggers
  • HD Linear Motors
During a demo session streamed earlier this week, AYANEO CEO Arthur showed a prototype of the AYANEO Pocket EVO, which looks very similar to the AYANEO 2 Windows handheld but with Android as OS. Pricing and launch details haven't been announced at this time, but the company has an Indiegogo pre-launch page live for the handheld and, as usual, caution is advised with crowdfunded projects.

:arrow: SOURCE

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Any phone with Razer Kishi is better value than these gaming specific android devices, imo.

Problem I have is concerns over battery life (my main phone I also use for work stuff) and finding a decent controller that doesn't add too much bulk whilst also working with flip cases.

If it wasn't for the various devices I already have, I would probably consider something like this.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Problem I have is concerns over battery life (my main phone I also use for work stuff) and finding a decent controller that doesn't add too much bulk whilst also working with flip cases.

If it wasn't for the various devices I already have, I would probably consider something like this.
I don't share this problem. Never used cases. I just never seem to drop my phones. [knocks on wood]

• Haha
Reactions: NitroRevolutionNX

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty sure this is gonna be another overpriced shiny slab of glass w/ buttons on it. You could just easily get a modern-day mid-range to yesteryear's high-end phone and get a majority of the performance of this AYANEO device and its features for a margin less.
Post automatically merged:

The problem is that over 90% of Android games suck, I have better chances of finding a good free PC game in itch.io that I have on finding a good pay once, no ads or microtransactions game on Android.
That's why I strictly stick to console emulators when playing games on Android.

Last edited by urbanman2004,
  • Haha
Reactions: Bladexdsl

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
my friend told me he has one of these overprice ayaneo turds and it died like less than 3 months. just get a pc and download bluestacks. even a midrange pc can run graphic intense triple A stuff now with frame generation

Goku1992A

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im late to the party lol but I think these devices are a waste of time especially if you own a high end flagship android device already…

This is coming from someone who owns a Steam Deck , ROG Ally , and Galaxy S23

ShadowbannedAllstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently got a Razer Edge. Not for emulation purposes, but rather... well, shamefully I like gacha JRPGs. It's essentially just a Kishi with an overly long tablet. Coming from doing a lot of gaming on my Switch and Steam Deck, the screen seems very small.

I got it for a little less than 200 dollars. I was originally going to get the Ayn Odin 2, but the Edge has an OLED screen. Yes, I am that shallow. This thing is going to have an OLED screen as well, however, so maybe I should have waited for it to release. Then again, this is the first I've ever read of its existence. Lack of the ability to predict the future has rendered me hoisted by my own petard, yet again...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :tpi: