Android 4.1 Jelly Bean rolling out to select Nexus devices.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So starting today select Nexus devices will be start getting Android 4.1(Jelly Bean rolling out).
Starting with the Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ model.

The rollout of Android 4.1, Jelly Bean, begins today, starting with Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ devices.

Jelly Bean makes everything feel fast, fluid, and smooth. Notifications are expandable and actionable, widgets are magical and the keyboard is smarter and more accurate: http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

Jelly Bean also features a redesigned search experience, with a new user interface and faster Voice Search. You can type your query or simply ask Google a question. Google can speak back to you, delivering a precise answer if it knows one, in addition to a list of search results.

Google Now is also part of the updated Google app, getting you just the right information at just the right time. Google Now tells you today’s weather before you start your day, how much traffic to expect before you leave for work, or your favorite team's score as they’re playing. There’s no digging required: cards appear at the moment you need them most.

If you’ve got a Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ device, you will receive a prompt alerting you to the update over the next several days. Up next for Jelly Bean: all Galaxy Nexus, Nexus S, Motorola Xoom and of course, Nexus 7, which will ship with Jelly Bean later this month.

Source

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to the Android "scene." And by new I mean I'm planning on getting an Asus Transformer Prime soon. If I wasn't going to get this I would have got the Xoom, and it's nice to see that is getting support for 4.1. Does anyone know how good Asus is at supporting their products long term? Or will I be stuck on 4.0?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm new to the Android "scene." And by new I mean I'm planning on getting an Asus Transformer Prime soon. If I wasn't going to get this I would have got the Xoom, and it's nice to see that is getting support for 4.1. Does anyone know how good Asus is at supporting their products long term? Or will I be stuck on 4.0?
From what I'm reading ASUS is one of the manufacturers that does their updates relatively quick, all the places I'm reading say they'll be shocked of the prime doesn't get 4.1.

Lastly

Tempin' at the speed of sound
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I'm reading ASUS is one of the manufacturers that does their updates relatively quick, all the places I'm reading say they'll be shocked of the prime doesn't get 4.1.
They are the first to get Android 4.0 for the tablets.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to laugh when hackers port Jelly Bean to my HP TouchPad months before offical Android tablets receive the update.

Devices could possibly receive this update relatively quick due to the new PDK that Google has put together.

By the way, if you are wondering what's new in Jelly Bean compared to ICS, it's mostly cosmetic touches like Project Butter which makes the UI "iOS smooth", a better notification system, and what I believe to be a Siri killer.... (I may have forgotten a few things(

Which is Google Now... Just take a look at what this beast can do. ;O;

Reactions: 1 person

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to laugh when hackers port Jelly Bean to my HP TouchPad months before offical Android tablets receive the update.
Yet the Touchpad hardly has a fully working ICS ROM...lol.

One of the most ignorant statements I've hear in quite awhile, yet it doesn't surprise me since it's coming from you. The TouchPad camera is shit to begin with so that's not even worth mentioning since it is the only major 'feature' not working. Everything else works very, very well.WiFi. Bluetooth, Mic, HW acceleration, games, and anything else. I could go on but I'll just leave a few pictures of one of the best looking Android games available running on my TouchPad... (Oh and I'm making the game think it is running on Tegra 2 Hardware so I get tons of special effects... Something cool you can do when you know what you are talking about)

Screenshot_2012-06-09-16-52-51.png

Screenshot_2012-06-09-17-07-20.png

Screenshot_2012-06-09-17-23-54.png

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

One of the most ignorant statements I've hear in quite awhile, yet it doesn't surprise me since it's coming from you. The TouchPad camera is shit to begin with so that's not even worth mentioning since it is the only major 'feature' not working. Everything else works very, very well.WiFi. Bluetooth, Mic, HW acceleration, games, and anything else. I could go on but I'll just leave a few pictures of one of the best looking Android games available running on my TouchPad... (Oh and I'm making the game think it is running on Tegra 2 Hardware so I get tons of special effects... Something cool you can do when you know what you are talking about)
Har har har yoo so funneh.

Last I checked, which I'll admit was a while ago, ICS didn't have HW acceleration, had crappy wifi drivers, and I couldn't give 2 fucks about the camera. I'll have to head over to rootzwiki to check the forums again.

Someone told me they stopped developing ICS for the Touchpad because it was becoming outdated. I never really bothered to check because I was fine with CM7.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country

Last I checked, which I'll admit was a while ago, ICS didn't have HW acceleration, had crappy wifi drivers, and I couldn't give 2 fucks about the camera. I'll have to head over to rootzwiki to check the forums again.

Someone told me they stopped developing ICS for the Touchpad because it was becoming outdated. I never really bothered to check because I was fine with CM7.
Try XDA, honestly Cm9 is as stable on my touchpad as it is on my Xperia Play and Xperia U. Follow the news ;)

Reactions: 2 people

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lo. If I had know that I would have given you a much harder time. All of those things are pretty much perfect now except the camera.

Development has slowed down a lot since the main developer got a Transformer Prime, but we still have the genius that is jcsullins, the developer responsible for recently making the Mic and Audio work, the creator of MOBOOT, and other awesome stuff. As long as we still have him nothing can stop us. ;O;

I'd recommend you go flash the latest nightly. You'll shoot yourself for all the cool stuff you've been missing out on. ;)

http://get.cm/?device=tenderloin

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Lo. If I had know that I would have given you a much harder time. All of those things are pretty much perfect now except the camera.

Development has slowed down a lot since the main developer got a Transformer Prime, but we still have the genius that is jcsullins, the developer responsible for recently making the Mic and Audio work, the creator of MOBOOT, and other awesome stuff. As long as we still have him nothing can stop us. ;O;

I'd recommend you go flash the latest nightly. You'll shoot yourself for all the cool stuff you've been missing out on. ;)

That's what I get for listening to the unknowledgeable :rolleyes:

Some really really recent readings suggest CM9 will be finished first, then CM7 and CM10 will be worked on simultaneously.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's what I get for listening to the unknowledgeable :rolleyes:

Some really really recent readings suggest CM9 will be finished first, then CM7 and CM10 will be worked on simultaneously.

That is true. There will still be some work to polish up cm9, then on to cm10, while keeping cm7 for devices that cant run cm9/10. TouchPad will probably receive CM9 updates for the next month or two, while receiving some experimental Jelly Bean images to play with in the weeks to come. Then when CM9 is all nice and shiny we can move onto 100 percent Jelly Bean. Very excited. :)

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country

I'd recommend you go flash the latest nightly. You'll shoot yourself for all the cool stuff you've been missing out on.

That's what I get for listening to the unknowledgeable

Cm9 RC1 for nearly every official and popular devices have been released and most phones have Cm 7.x completely finished :) Cm10 here we go! Touchpad should get RC soon

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought if I would post something about Android for once rather than iOS, there would be less fights. But it seems even Android users hate each other almost as much as Android users hate iOS people.

Please take your arguments to PMs or something.

Reactions: 4 people

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Generally speaking, Android devices get updated once or even twice and that's pretty much it

That being said, Nexus devices get it straight away since there is no TouchWiz, Sense, or any of that bull crap that some manufactures slap on to it on top

I gave the leaked Jelly Bean rom a go on my brother Galaxy Nexus; it was great but a load of applications don't work with JB yet :(

That being said, expect a HUGE increase in battery life. I can't be sure, but from what i read after googling about it JB goes into some sort of underclocking mode like a PC would when not on full load thus saving a LOT of battery life

The battery was much better, i had been using it all day, with some standby time and the battery just got down to around 40% (i'd usually be in the 10% region if it were ICS)

So yeah, good job Google

I personally own a Blackberry now (yes i know i'll be taking some hate for this lol) had a HTC sensation; but i do have in mind buying a Galaxy Note upon my next pay check / can't live without that androidness.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if they don't, someone is bound to make a Jelly Bean ROM for just about every device possible.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And if they don't, someone is bound to make a Jelly Bean ROM for just about every device possible.
if thats true, i want a jelly bean on my hacked nook color :P

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
And given that ASUS offers a bootloader unlocking tool for the prime, it'll be relatively simple to set up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1