Homebrew An error occured (ErrDisp) Error type generic

SonicTheGamerHog360

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been recieving this error alot after updating to 11.8 and im pretty sure i updated to 9.1 cuz in the config menu it says Luma 9.1
Also, my 3ds randomly goes to white home menu and makes all my games dissapear. I took out the sd card and it tells me please power off before removing sd card. Confusion- Do i have to update B9S? Or is my sd card corrupted? Help me please.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have been recieving this error alot after updating to 11.8 and im pretty sure i updated to 9.1 cuz in the config menu it says Luma 9.1
Also, my 3ds randomly goes to white home menu and makes all my games dissapear. I took out the sd card and it tells me please power off before removing sd card. Confusion- Do i have to update B9S? Or is my sd card corrupted? Help me please.
You need to provide at least a picture and some context

Reactions: Itzumi

Itzumi

tinkerer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

errdisp generic happened to me once cause of a bad cia (wont tell what it was or where it came from, site rules). so you kinda need more details besides what info we do already have.

Pimba

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hello, this error pops up when i crack an egg in ultra sun pokemon, is there a way to fix this error? my 3ds xl is unlocked

Greasyfry

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error pops up for me whenever I open the eShop. This started happening after I downloaded a bad Rom on my 3ds,and it left a black nameless box on my home screen where a game should be

alex09090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I have same problem. i bought a n3ds which came modded with games, and tried to do this with my old 3ds. . fortunately I stopped half way because I read the description and said that you cant transfer from new to old. Both of my 3ds are on version 11.13. Also I did the opposite so in the video it showed him doing the steps with the yellow 3ds which is the one that had the games already installed I did that with the old 3ds with no games installed. Im just having trouble with some games because they dont let me load them up but others are fine and most emulators and some 3ds games appear with error type generic. I already opened the original god mode zip and replaced them with the ones the video told me to do but dont know how to fix the other games

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@alex09090909, do not mess with things regarding the SysNAND or 3DS firmware. Also, try not to follow video tutorials.

How to perform a System Transfer without losing non-legitimate titles
  • Several post down talks about transferring DSiWare games & saves.
  • Official system transfer limitations still apply. Only between [ o(2/3)DS(XL) ⇄ o(2/3)DS(XL) ], [ o(2/3)DS(XL) → n(2/3)DS(XL) ], or [ n(2/3)DS(XL) ⇄ n(2/3)DS(XL) ].
If you want to keep the NNID and user profile on the same system,

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

alex09090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any ideas to what I should do inorder to be able to play these titles that say error type generic? Anything I can add to SD card?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So any ideas to what I should do inorder to be able to play these titles that say error type generic? Anything I can add to SD card?
I can't say for sure what went wrong with your 3DS if you followed all of sthetix's video tutorial you posted, but if I had to guess (because I don't watch his videos):

• The copied or transferred Nintendo 3DS folder did not have its CMACs corrected.
    • [GitHub, d0k3] GodMode9 (v1.9.1 or newer) *
    • GodMode9 hold (R)-shoulder and press (A) on [A:] SYSNAND SD → Fix CMACs for drive * → etc.

• Some out-of-region games require Luma3DS Locale Emulation.
    • Turn on the 3DS system hold (SELECT) Luma3DS v#.# configuration (x) Enable game patching
    • sdmc:/luma/titles/00040000XXXXXXXX/locale.txt
      • XXXXXXXX = TitleID (2nd half)
    • Code:
      RRR LL
      • [ RRR = region | LL = language ]
  • LumaLocaleSwitcher - An app that handles creating and editing the locale.txt.
  • [hax0kartik.github.io] 3dsdb - game database: name, titleid, size, product code, region

• Newer games won't run unless the 3DS firmware is a new enough version.
    • http://www.3dsdb.com/ - Search and look under the firmware requirement column.
    • System SettingsOther SettingsSystem Update

• The SD card has a hardware problem. Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

alex09090909

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks for the help:)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok so i opened up godmode9 and held right and checked the files. The card I have isnt faulty btw, but I rmemeber it was 58/64 gb that were filled up with games at first.Just checked and now it says that its only 11.8 gb being used out of like 64gb. But the titles still show up on the bottom 3ds screen but not on the top and when i click on them the error occurs. Should I just try to uninstall everything as in cfw and all games and delete all extra folders on micro sd card and then get cfw again on it after i reset it all?

Last edited by alex09090909,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i opened up godmode9 and held right and checked the files. The card I have isnt faulty btw, but I rmemeber it was 58/64 gb that were filled up with games at first.Just checked and now it says that its only 11.8 gb being used out of like 64gb. But the titles still show up on the bottom 3ds screen but not on the top and when i click on them the error occurs. Should I just try to uninstall everything as in cfw and delete all extra folders on micro sd card and then get cw again on it?
For GodMode9, it's hold the (R)-trigger button and then press (A) while resting the white cursor on [A:] SYSNAND SD to pull up the Fix CMACs for drive option like this:
  • a-drive-fixcmac-png.177142
You telling me your SD card is perfectly fine is like meeting a random stranger who says (s)he doesn't have the Coronavirus. Get that card properly tested to avoid the possibility of later finding out too late that all your data got corrupted because *surprise surprise!* your supposedly real SD was fake all along. It's not a pleasant experience losing hundreds of game time hours should you gamble wrong.

30yoDoomer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just had the same thing occur. It ended up eating it's way though some of my cia installed games (verified good cias on other systems). You could see the icon on the bottom menu, but nothing would appear on the top screen. They no longer showed up on FBI, nor could I reinstall them. Also had update nags on games that I knew were up to date. I figured it was a corrupted sd card so I reformatted and dropped my backup on it which fixed the issue.

Reactions: DSoryu

skyrim15763831

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
For 3DS firmware + custom firmware repair, CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.
thanks I will try, and for another thing, I want to ask you, could the oxd900458b error fixed by this method?

For 3DS firmware + custom firmware repair, CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer. Carefully read and follow the Instructions.
like this, thank you.

I have asked a mender, he said this error is casued some hardware problem, is that true?

Attachments

• idlefish-msg-1590372595394.jpg
    idlefish-msg-1590372595394.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 1,100

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things